Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 08:24 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission: What You Should Know About COVID-19 and the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and Other EEO Laws

They will lose. They will EASILY be able to show the employees are a direct threat to the nursing home residents. Very easily.

Matter if fact, they would be allowed to lay them off even if they have a disability or sincerely held religious belief. So, if it’s because they don’t trust the vaccine they are definitely out of luck. They need to find a job that can accommodate not getting the vaccine.
The vaccines themselves do not stop transmission. so someone who is vaccinated can pass it on to others. if the vaccines work at lowering symptoms then an unvaccinated person is no threat to them. I even saw it on my local news in Massachusetts how these vaccines do not stop transmission that is why they want you to continue wearing masks. I think they want you to continue because the mask is a sign of submission.

I have heard from multiple sources that these vaccines do not stop transmission. so the laWYERS might have a case.

I think it's more important to protect the people who don't want a medicine going into their body then to generalize and say that the unvaccinated pose a risk to others. if the vaccines do work then there is no need for everyone to get vaccinated. this is pushed so they make the most money by getting everyone vaccinated. if all the elderly are vaccinated in the nursing home then some workers not should pose no greater risk then other residents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2021, 10:30 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,877,686 times
Directly from the CDC website:

"We also don’t yet know whether getting a COVID-19 vaccine will prevent you from spreading the virus that causes COVID-19 to other people."

That's it. That's all the info you have to work with. Anyone, lawyer or otherwise, who posted something like

The vaccines themselves do not stop transmission.

...clearly has some secret inside-info - please provide your source. If it's not the CDC - don't bother.

Old 02-15-2021, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
Directly from the CDC website:

"We also don’t yet know whether getting a COVID-19 vaccine will prevent you from spreading the virus that causes COVID-19 to other people."

That's it. That's all the info you have to work with. Anyone, lawyer or otherwise, who posted something like

The vaccines themselves do not stop transmission.

...clearly has some secret inside-info - please provide your source. If it's not the CDC - don't bother.

I have heard it both ways one that they don't know if it stops transmission and the other story that it does not stop transmission. you know the cdc has flipped flopped too. its corrupt just like the government. the WHO also has said one thing one time and then they contradict themselves the next. Dr Fauci has flip flopped more then I change my underwear.

I think that is a little narrow-minded to only accept the cdc's opinion on whether it stops transmission or not.

Old 02-16-2021, 10:16 AM

I have heard it both ways one that they don't know if it stops transmission

You have heard it only ONE WAY from the CDC. Any other thing you've heard is as valid as if your next door neighbor made it up. The CDC has hardly flip-flopped on a thing in 11 months now - but if they did, it was because they learned something new. Some of their info has been refined - but nothing dramatic in 11 months.

Narrow minded? Maybe. But in this case - it's not about acceptance. Whether or not the CDC is entirely forthcoming is a reasonable question - but whether or not ANYONE ELSE has access to data that they do not is easy to answer - NOPE. And neither do you.

Old 02-16-2021, 10:24 AM

I'll take it farther to pound this point home.

Here's the Washington Post:

https://www.washington.edu/news/2020...till-critical/

Here's the WHO, as interpreted by Businessinsider:

https://www.businessinsider.com/who-...ssions-2020-12

Here's Time:

https://time.com/5937868/do-vaccines...vid-19-spread/

Fred Hutch (whoever THAT is)

https://www.fredhutch.org/en/news/ce...nsmission.html

and dozens of others - all the same -

What do EVERY ONE of these articles have in common? It can be summed up easily: "We don't know."

If you find ONE link that says someone KNOWS - please post it. OTHERWISE - stop spreading bad info.

Old 02-17-2021, 06:48 AM

4,608 posts, read 3,301,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
The vaccines themselves do not stop transmission. so someone who is vaccinated can pass it on to others. if the vaccines work at lowering symptoms then an unvaccinated person is no threat to them. I even saw it on my local news in Massachusetts how these vaccines do not stop transmission that is why they want you to continue wearing masks. I think they want you to continue because the mask is a sign of submission.

I have heard from multiple sources that these vaccines do not stop transmission. so the laWYERS might have a case.

I think it's more important to protect the people who don't want a medicine going into their body then to generalize and say that the unvaccinated pose a risk to others. if the vaccines do work then there is no need for everyone to get vaccinated. this is pushed so they make the most money by getting everyone vaccinated. if all the elderly are vaccinated in the nursing home then some workers not should pose no greater risk then other residents.
I thought we were in a serious discussion right up till I saw this particular post, then realized the OP's thinking is so out of line with reality that it easily lines up with all those conspiracy theories that are running around about everything.

Let's stop right here and leave it to the people who just like an argument for argument's sake.

Old 02-17-2021, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
I thought we were in a serious discussion right up till I saw this particular post, then realized the OP's thinking is so out of line with reality that it easily lines up with all those conspiracy theories that are running around about everything.

Let's stop right here and leave it to the people who just like an argument for argument's sake.
I am not lying that on my local news they said the vaccine does not stop transmission. this could be false but it was said on my local news station in a lefty state of Massachusetts.

I have heard it from other sources but my local news I don't think would lie. it was some health official working with the governor.

Old 02-17-2021, 07:15 AM

628 posts, read 286,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I am thinking about living in the woods off the radar away from this evil world.
Based on the highly disturbing nature of your OP and the way you continue to beat this drum of execution, live on tv, etc, I think that would be best for all concerned. As to your claim that no one should require you to get a vaccine you don't want to get, the point has been amply made that you have a choice - get the vaccine or get a different job. Vaccines will be required for all public travel as well - planes, trains, etc, before long so better get used to it. This pandemic changed the world as we know it, so continuing to tantrum over it won't be at all productive. Try to take a time out and think of others - just for a minute or two.

Old 02-17-2021, 07:24 AM

3,647 posts, read 1,601,831 times
It's possible some are naturally immune because they got infected and their immune system fought it off. And not even know it. They should be able to go to work, travel, etc. Their immunity to covid-19 may even be stronger then someone vaccinated. Everyone should be tested for that before even getting a vaccine. It would mean you don't even need the 'vaccine'. Of course, the vaccine makers do not provide for that.

Old 02-17-2021, 08:07 AM

I am not lying that on my local news they said the vaccine does not stop transmission.

I would love to see that - but whatever they said - the CDC is the only opinion that matters - as they are the only ones analyzing all the data that they (alone) have access to. Same in many other nations (obviously not the CDC). Results and official word in all places is identical: "We don't know."

Anyone that says different (yet) is just hoping for more bad news. I am not saying it stops transmission. I am not saying it does NOT stop transmission. I am saying - officially - the ONLY people that could possibly know - have said - "We Do Not Know."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies