Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2021, 04:31 PM

3,649 posts, read 1,604,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Ridiculous.

Flu vaccines (among others) are safe but a rare bad reaction can still occur. I work for a hospital and flu vaccines are 100% a requirement. There is no exception for "I don't want it." The only exceptions are for documented medical exclusions. Refuse to get it by a certain date and you are suspended. Then you have 5 more days to get it before you are terminated. Covid vaccines are not required (yet) but are 'strongly encouraged'.

We've had over 1000 employees get the Covid vaccine (myself included) and no one has died or even had any serious reactions. We can't get enough vaccine for all the employees who *want* to be vaccinated.

Stop with the unfounded misinformed panic.
So glad to hear no serious reactions. I'm curious:

1. Who is tracking 1000 employees if adverse reactions? You? The hospital? Is this data available online?

2 You do know the mRNA 'vaccine' is not a vaccine but a lab made synthetic RNA strip of virus protein instruction gene code? It instructs your cells to make a virus protein. I'm curious if the hospital explained this to everyone?

3. And since this is still in the clinical experimental phase you understand everyone is in the experiment? Thus, it's premature to say it's working to protect anyone. They don't know yet. Long term effects are not known yet. Or exactly what can happen when a 'vaccinated' person is infected with the virus in the wild again. Did the hospital also explain that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2021, 05:18 PM

37,112 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
2 You do know the mRNA 'vaccine' is not a vaccine but a lab made synthetic RNA strip of virus protein instruction gene code? It instructs your cells to make a virus protein. I'm curious if the hospital explained this to everyone?

3. And since this is still in the clinical experimental phase you understand everyone is in the experiment? Thus, it's premature to say it's working to protect anyone. They don't know yet. Long term effects are not known yet. Or exactly what can happen when a 'vaccinated' person is infected with the virus in the wild again. Did the hospital also explain that?
It is a vaccine, by definition. That is why it is called a vaccine.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/imz-basics.htm

"Vaccine: A product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease. Vaccines are usually administered through needle injections, but can also be administered by mouth or sprayed into the nose."

There were two large Phase 3 trials that showed the effectiveness of the two mRNA vaccines is about 95%, and that is being confirmed in the real life vaccination program in Israel. The Israelis also have data showing that if vaccinated people get infected after the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine the viral load is significantly lower than in unvaccinated people who get infected. That implies that vaccinated people are less likely to transmit the virus to someone else.

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-o...d-study--68439

"In the study, which has not yet undergone peer review, researchers in Israel measured the viral loads in 2,897 unvaccinated people and in 2,897 age- and sex-matched people who had received their first of two doses of the Pfizer vaccine. The authors conclude in their report that 'viral load is reduced 4-fold for infections occurring 12–28 days after the first dose of vaccine. These reduced viral loads hint to lower infectiousness, further contributing to vaccine impact on virus spread.'

Viral abundance could drop further after the vaccine’s second dose, Cyrille Cohen, a vaccine expert at Bar-Ilan University who advises Israel’s health ministry on COVID-19 vaccines and wasn’t involved with the study, tells The Times of Israel. 'This is a game-changer to some extent,' he says. 'After all, transmissibility after the vaccine has been one of the most important questions we are asking ourselves.'”

Old 02-18-2021, 05:24 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,990,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
So glad to hear no serious reactions. I'm curious:

1. Who is tracking 1000 employees if adverse reactions? You? The hospital? Is this data available online?

The hospital, and no its not available online.

2 You do know the mRNA 'vaccine' is not a vaccine but a lab made synthetic RNA strip of virus protein instruction gene code? It instructs your cells to make a virus protein. I'm curious if the hospital explained this to everyone? Yes and Yes, for interested employees. Town hall meetings were held explaining the vaccines and how they work

These statements are misleading. Its not "experimental", that stage is past. The vaccines are available under emergency use authorizations from the FDA because they have not completed the formal approval process. This is far different than experimental.

Old 02-18-2021, 06:00 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
These statements are misleading. Its not "experimental", that stage is past. The vaccines are available under emergency use authorizations from the FDA because they have not completed the formal approval process. This is far different than experimental.
actually by law..by the FDA..it is considered experimental

and that is one of the many sticking points that makes the current 'vaccinations' experimental

1. the effective rate is supposedly 95%...that is a good thing... but it still leave 5% that wont be covered

2. none of the current 'vaccination' are allowed for children under 16.... moderna is running tests for 12-16, but does not have anything substantial yet

3. J&J just said that it may require a YEARLY booster

4. Both Pfizer and Moderna have stated they have no idea how long the coverage will be for (could be less than 6 months)

5. IF...IF the coverage is less than 6 months...and it could take a year to get everyone and initial shot (just talking USA , pop just over 330mil, and they HOPE to be able to administer close to 1mil shots a day (they are not even close to that right now))..then just how with coverage of 6 months yet initial inoculations taking a year or more , just how will we EVER reach herd immunity

6. to the threads beginning.... I don't see how any company can make an experimental vaccination mandatory

Old 02-18-2021, 09:04 PM

37,112 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
actually by law..by the FDA..it is considered experimental and that is one of the many sticking points that makes the current 'vaccinations' experimental

1. the effective rate is supposedly 95%...that is a good thing ... but it still leave 5% that wont be covered

2. none of the current 'vaccination' are allowed for children under 16.... moderna is running tests for 12-16, but does not have anything substantial yet

3. J&J just said that it may require a YEARLY booster

4. Both Pfizer and Moderna have stated they have no idea how long the coverage will be for (could be less than 6 months)

5. IF...IF the coverage is less than 6 months...and it could take a year to get everyone and initial shot (just talking USA , pop just over 330mil, and they HOPE to be able to administer close to 1mil shots a day (they are not even close to that right now)).. then just how with coverage of 6 months yet initial inoculations taking a year or more, just how will we EVER reach herd immunity

6. to the threads beginning.... I don't see how any company can make an experimental vaccination mandatory
No one knows yet whether any of the vaccines will require a booster and, if so, how often. As short as six months appears unlikely. The people in the Phase 3 studies for Moderna and Pfizer are still being monitored and that info will eventually be available. The Moderna study enrolled its first participants at the end of July last year, so it has already been more than 6 months since they got their second shot.

The best chance at achieving herd immunity is to vaccinate as many people as possible as quickly as possible, the way the Israelis are doing. Refusal to vaccinate based on issues like an effect on fertility (which cannot happen due to a proposed effect on a certain placental protein; it is counter to basic immunology) will hamstring that effort.

The anti-vaccinationists have the potential to keep the pandemic going pretty much forever if people listen to their deliberate misinformation.

Businesses can claim that failure to vaccinate in the absence of a valid medical reason can potentially cause significant financial harm to the business.

Old 02-19-2021, 01:35 PM

3,401 posts, read 1,555,656 times
it's already happening now. A waitress was fired for not getting the vaccine because she wants to make a baby.

there is such a thing as body sovereignty. it may be legal to require a vaccine but it's wrong. if someone burns that restaurant down I would not shed a tear. I only wish the worst for whoever mandates a vaccine.

Its in NYC the restaurant will probably fail anyway and who ever made the mandate should eat food out of a dumpster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aofIkQVQRFI

I saw another video on this and the youtube comments were on my side saying they should boycott the restaurant.

Old 02-20-2021, 08:53 AM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
it's already happening now. A waitress was fired for not getting the vaccine because she wants to make a baby.

there is such a thing as body sovereignty. it may be legal to require a vaccine but it's wrong. if someone burns that restaurant down I would not shed a tear. I only wish the worst for whoever mandates a vaccine.

Its in NYC the restaurant will probably fail anyway and who ever made the mandate should eat food out of a dumpster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aofIkQVQRFI

I saw another video on this and the youtube comments were on my side saying they should boycott the restaurant.
I disagree. We really need to get the country vaccinated, sooner rather than later.

Old 02-20-2021, 08:58 AM

282 posts, read 114,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I disagree. We really need to get the country vaccinated, sooner rather than later.
Messenger RNA shots are not a vaccination. It's a gene therapy drug that invasively sends messenger RNA to genes that instruct human cells on how to manufacture proteins that humans do not naturally make.

God preserve you that you also want restaurants having your medical records.

Old 02-20-2021, 12:09 PM

3,401 posts, read 1,555,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
it looks like that requirement for the job did not make her get vaccinated. the waitress because of this incident does not want to work there anymore. some are so against gene therapy that they would rather be unemployed than work for a company that does not care about individual rights.

Old 02-20-2021, 12:18 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
If an employer mandates the new covid 19 vaccine and someone dies then whoever made the mandate should be put to death. it's very simple and very fair.

[/url]
Absolutely not. The employee can quit. I would , though, make it mandatory, that quitting for that reason makes one automatically eligible for the maximum weeks of unemployment.

No employer can mandate anyone get a shot. They may mandate whether those who have not can work for them. That's a giant distinction you fail to mention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies