Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 08:49 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,043,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
it looks like that requirement for the job did not make her get vaccinated. the waitress because of this incident does not want to work there anymore. some are so against gene therapy that they would rather be unemployed than work for a company that does not care about individual rights.
If she wants to oppose gene therapy that's fine by me. I don't have to pay for her opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2021, 11:47 PM

8,244 posts, read 3,499,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Because from their POV it's like going out of the house with a contagious case of mumps. It's threatening to them even if it may not be a death sentence. What's the big deal with a mask, wearing it for a few hours isn't going to harm you, other than how you might feel about it. It's not the hill to die on that so many people seem to think it is.
I have had a yeast infection twice so far because I was forced to wear a mask. I nearly died from an asthma attack last year because I was wearing a mask. I had an allergic reaction to the material the earloops were made of and it triggered the asthma attack. Wearing them for several hours a day would mean even more harm than the mandates have forced on me already. I already rub antifungal cream on my face every few days trying to prevent another infection. Do people ever care about my well-being? Nope! So I sure won't care about people who don't care about me.

Old 02-23-2021, 12:05 AM

8,244 posts, read 3,499,398 times
Quote:
that is unfortunate if someone gets injured by the vaccine they can not collect workman's comp.
Do you think they would admit it was the vaccine that caused your problem? It was just a coincidence.

Old 02-23-2021, 04:07 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
As long as extended unemployment benefits with extra payout benefits are offered for those who refuse, that's fine. Like an early retirement buyout, say a years salary in addition. Then if things settle down they can be rehired at full pay at a later date.

Old 02-23-2021, 04:13 AM

34,066 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
As long as extended unemployment benefits with extra payout benefits are offered for those who refuse, that's fine. Like an early retirement buyout, say a years salary in addition. Then if things settle down they can be rehired at full pay at a later date.
UI should be automatic if refusing to vaccinate is the cause. I would also be fine with requiring the ex employer to continue insuring the person throughout the ui period, and paying the same share of premiums they do for current staff, with the ex employee paying just the employee share. (Discontinued the second the ex employee got a new job, btw).

The extra years pay should not be offered. The compensation should make the ex employee whole, not better off.

Old 02-23-2021, 07:21 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,555,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Do you think they would admit it was the vaccine that caused your problem? It was just a coincidence.
You're right there are people dying hours after the shot and they deny it was the vaccine.

Old 02-23-2021, 10:22 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,555,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
UI should be automatic if refusing to vaccinate is the cause. I would also be fine with requiring the ex employer to continue insuring the person throughout the ui period, and paying the same share of premiums they do for current staff, with the ex employee paying just the employee share. (Discontinued the second the ex employee got a new job, btw).

The extra years pay should not be offered. The compensation should make the ex employee whole, not better off.

usually when you quit or get fired for something you did you can not get unemployment. I agree you should get unemployment in this case because it's your body you have to risk for the employer if you do not want to take the vaccine.

Old 02-27-2021, 12:01 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,816,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post

UI would apply in most states.

There's already COBRA for insurance and it works effectively.

Old 02-27-2021, 07:10 PM

4,563 posts, read 4,105,282 times
This is America. Employers rights come before that of the individual, plain and simple. Figure out the logical conclusion from there.

Old 02-27-2021, 08:23 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
If an employer mandates the new covid 19 vaccine and someone dies then whoever made the mandate should be put to death.
You mean, that since Joe Biden and Tony Fauci said the vaccine is safe, Biden and Fauci should be put to death?

You're right, that's very simple.

I'm having a little trouble with "fair", though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies