Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2021, 08:30 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,812,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
you may think I am not for business rights but I don't think any business should be forced to be shut down by the government. a business can do what they want my only exception is forced vaccines and medical treatment. This might not be a problem if only a small minority of businesses require the vaccine.
You’re for businesses doing what you agree with and against doing what you disagree with. That’s not being for business rights. That’s insisting they do things your way. Some will and some won’t. Shrug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2021, 08:42 AM

16,079 posts, read 21,163,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Not at all. I just want others to stay the hell out of my personal life.

The only thing my employer needs to be concerned with is whether or not I can do the damn job I was hired to do.
LMAO. I'll tell you what, we should have called you when we repeatedly had to shut down because people kept passing around a virus and had to go into quarantine, leaving us so short staffed we were unable to function at times. Pissed off the customers who rely on us too.

Props to the OP, it's been a little while since I've read such an entertaining (dumb) thread here.

Last edited by DubbleT; 02-21-2021 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: Mensa- a group who charges a fee for the privilege of telling other people 'you is smart', lol. BFD

Old 02-21-2021, 08:48 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,555,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
LMAO. I'll tell you what, we should have called you when we repeatedly had to shut down because people kept passing around a virus and had to go into quarantine, leaving us so short staffed we were unable to function at times. Pissed off the customers who rely on us too.

Props to the OP, it's been a little while since I've read such an entertaining (dumb) thread here.
I was very angry when I wrote it so I made it overdramatic.

all these covid restrictions have affected me psychologically. I refuse to wear a mask and people yell at me for not wearing one.

Old 02-21-2021, 08:56 AM

Quote:
I was very angry when I wrote it so I made it overdramatic.

all these covid restrictions have affected me psychologically. I refuse to wear a mask and people yell at me for not wearing one.
Because from their POV it's like going out of the house with a contagious case of mumps. It's threatening to them even if it may not be a death sentence. What's the big deal with a mask, wearing it for a few hours isn't going to harm you, other than how you might feel about it. It's not the hill to die on that so many people seem to think it is.

Old 02-21-2021, 08:56 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,109,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
The precedent is already in place. Many employers require a drug test as a condition of employment. If you refuse the drug test, you don't get the job.
Peeing in a cup can't kill me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Employer-paid leave? FMLA?

Was your incident covered under worker's comp?

I've had several work-related injuries over the years, I was never forced into a tetanus shot by my employer, although it was recommended by the physician and paid for via workers comp.

If those that choose to vaccinate, vaccinate, I do not see how I am a threat to you. If you fear a mutation that will occur that will evade your vaccination if I choose not to vaccinate, you are ignoring potentially hundreds of millions of people in third-world countries that will likely not vaccinate and can still potentially host mutations that will evade vaccination.

Out of curiosity, what year was the Spanish Flu vaccine created?
Yes, employer paid leave/workman's comp is the right to be paid despite NOT working. And you won't be eligible for either if you are injured by the vaccine & can't work.

Old 02-21-2021, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Because from their POV it's like going out of the house with a contagious case of mumps. It's threatening to them even if it may not be a death sentence. What's the big deal with a mask, wearing it for a few hours isn't going to harm you, other than how you might feel about it. It's not the hill to die on that so many people seem to think it is.

I have seen studies the mask does not work. I was ok with the mask for a short period of time but when I realized this mask situation could be permanent I changed my mind. I believe the masks are unhealthy to wear for long periods of time. I live in a lefty state so I have to wear them in the supermarkets and liquor stores. I do not wear them outside. they want you to wear it outside here at all times. These people that wear it everywhere I think will develop health problems. I have only been able to wear it for 20 minutes and I get claustrophobic with it on. some have a condition where they can not wear the mask.

These covid restrictions can get customers mad. it has added inconveniences. for instance at one point no customer was allowed to go into the bank they all had to go thru the drive thru. well I waited 45 minutes in the banks drive thru and customers were complaining they could not go inside. the reason why the wait was so long was there was only 2 tellers and people could not go inside. i told the bank if this policy does not change I am taking my money out of the bank. people were pissed about the 45 minutes to make a bank transaction. I told them the bank down the street lets you go into the bank . one bank you could only go inside if you made an appointment.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 02-21-2021 at 09:20 AM..

Old 02-21-2021, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post

Yes, employer paid leave/workman's comp is the right to be paid despite NOT working. And you won't be eligible for either if you are injured by the vaccine & can't work.
you bring up a good point some will say a business can do what it wants it can but under no circumstance should a business be able to make it a condition for employment that you take an experimental vaccine.

everyone on this thread that is ok with the business having a policy of mandatory vaccines should at least admit someone could die from the vaccine.

Old 02-21-2021, 10:04 AM

Quote:
you bring up a good point some will say a business can do what it wants it can but under no circumstance should a business be able to make it a condition for employment that you take an experimental vaccine.

everyone on this thread that is ok with the business having a policy of mandatory vaccines should at least admit someone could die from the vaccine.
Only if you admit that by not taking the vaccine you could pass along the virus and it kills someone. It works both ways you know. And it's not mandatory, you have the option to not take it, albeit there may be employment consequences to you.

Old 02-21-2021, 04:32 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,463,474 times
The CEO of our business highly encourages us in the hospitality industry to follow our physicians recommendation on vaccinating. He is leaving it up to our medical side. He though considers us to maintain the health/safety protocols accepted by the CDC.
I am choosing the vaccine. Oddly two of my associates sat down when we each applied for appointments. All of us are in the demographic area that 'drives' the traffic for appointments to the main hospital system in our area. Let's call it , riskcareRus. Log in-create your account. Answer brief medical questions , provide identity data. And then get a ' wait list number'. Two of the co workers are 'in network's ' patients. I am supervised thru a state clinic program with physician care. So I had to indicate :not a patient with riskcare physician. Long story short- they are getting approved to be scheduled.
I am on 'hold'. Despite all of us meeting the criteria to apply to be scheduled in our phase 1a.
I will do more research as to how facilities can disenfranchise a person who qualifies simply based on 'not an in network patient's.
This is federal funded program.

Old 02-21-2021, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post

Yes, employer-paid leave/workman's comp is the right to be paid despite NOT working. And you won't be eligible for either if you are injured by the vaccine & can't work.
that is unfortunate if someone gets injured by the vaccine they can not collect workman's comp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies