Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 03:56 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
Oh no, not a censure!
LOL. Like he cares. He's rich as hell and getting older. I'm sure he could retire and not blink an eye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2021, 04:02 PM

1,517 posts, read 541,843 times
The Trumpers are making all the noise, the true republicans are the silent majority. I'm 1000% percent certain that Romney can retain his senate seat in Utah for as long as he wants to.

Old 02-15-2021, 04:03 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,091,368 times
Heavens to Betsy, a moderate republican do what is right.

It's sad to see long-time GOP congress people continue to bend the knee to Trump and appease his goofy base of supporters.

We need more decent people like Romney, Kinzinger, Burr, who put country first, to take control of the GOP and somehow try to save the sinking ship.

But sadly, it seems like the nut jobs are slowly taking over the GOP in DC. The Marjorie Taylor-Greene, Gym Jordan, Boebert, Matt Gates...crazy people. Absolute nut jobs.

The GOP really did die with John McCain. People like McCain, Charlie Dent, John Kasich....NORMAL people, who are NOT crazy, and believe in factual information, seem to be few and far between in the GOP these days.

I hope Adam Kinzinger runs for president, I'd vote for him in a heartbeat. But he would get DESTROYED by the far-right candidates in the primary, because Trump's base only likes far-right extremists and they'd never vote for a thinking person who believes in facts like Kinzinger.

Old 02-15-2021, 04:03 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,259,148 times
And he could win lotto tonight too.

Old 02-15-2021, 04:04 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,481,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
LOL. Like he cares. He's rich as hell and getting older. I'm sure he could retire and not blink an eye.
That doesn't sound like Mitt. Like Father like son.

I would watch the general Moron reaction to Trump with all his shenanigans.

Old 02-15-2021, 04:11 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,123,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
The Trumpers are making all the noise, the true republicans are the silent majority. I'm 1000% percent certain that Romney can retain his senate seat in Utah for as long as he wants to.
Exactly what credentials do you have to decide what a "true Republican" is? You're a lefty!

Old 02-15-2021, 04:16 PM

2,400 posts, read 784,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Interesting.....Globalist Mitt may pay for his traitorous behavior

Mitt Romney Could Soon Pay the Price for Voting to Convict Trump

Some Utah Republicans are rumbling in disgust over Republican Sen. Mitt Romney’s vote to convict former President Donald Trump during Trump’s Senate impeachment trial.

“I’ve gotten phone calls and emails, and I’m seeing a lot of chat on Facebook that people want to do a measure of censure against Sen. Romney

https://conservativebrief.com/could-soon-pay-35096/
My two most-regretted votes were for Romney and the azzhole from Arizona, oh ya, the little admiral's boy McCain.

Old 02-15-2021, 04:18 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times
Quote:
Interesting.....Globalist Mitt may pay for his traitorous behavior

Mitt Romney Could Soon Pay the Price for Voting to Convict Trump

Some Utah Republicans are rumbling in disgust over Republican Sen. Mitt Romney’s vote to convict former President Donald Trump during Trump’s Senate impeachment trial.

“I’ve gotten phone calls and emails, and I’m seeing a lot of chat on Facebook that people want to do a measure of censure against Sen. Romney

https://conservativebrief.com/could-soon-pay-35096/
Will it cost Romney influence within the GOP? Perhaps. Will it cost him his seat in the Senate. Almost certainly not. Utah was willing to vote for Trump, but more than any other state they voted for the alternative (Evan McMullin) in 2016. Utahns don't seem to exactly love Trump. They tend to be more socially conservative, which means that Trump the bullying manwhore is very off-putting to them. He does line up with them politically, but they'd rather have a good and decent human being for a president. Romney won't get primaried for his contempt and opposition to Donald Trump, though Utah might be the only red state where his seat would be safe.

Old 02-15-2021, 04:19 PM

2,082 posts, read 925,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
My two most-regretted votes were for Romney and the azzhole from Arizona, oh ya, the little admiral's boy McCain.
Ditto

Old 02-15-2021, 04:20 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times
Quote:
Ditto
I didn't even bother voting McCain in '08, that's how little chance I thought he had.
I did drag myself to the polls in '12 to vote for Romney - which turned out to be a waste of time & energy.
Won't make that mistake again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies