Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2021, 01:20 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Have you read Chaucer before, anti-semitism is everwhere in medieval europe:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/ant...edieval-Europe

England banished the jews from their kingdom in 1100.

Yup.

Long list of hostilities, as I've already said.

Old 02-20-2021, 01:26 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yup.

Long list of hostilities, as I've already said.
So true. Reminds me of the song National Brotherhood Week....

Oh, the black folks hate the white folks,
and the white folks hate the black folks,
The poor folks hate the rich folks,
And the rich folks hate the poor folks,
And the etc., etc., etc.,
And everyone hates the Jews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUwbZ9AlSPI

Old 02-20-2021, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post

Pretty much.
And the reason for this all is?...
"Dem Jews failed God's commands, killed Jesus," so they must be that "evil seed" and therefore they can't be trusted.
They deserve their suffering.

Old 02-20-2021, 01:33 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post

Except for Pat Robertson and his 'moral majority' when preached Jewish supremacy.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/4328433...o_tab_contents

Read page 271 third paragraph.

This was at the same time the US realigned themselves to support Israel because both of their political goals in using radical islam to destroy secular nationalism.

Jews are sitting pretty comfy today with control of the Christian population, them being the government supporting morons they are.

Old 02-20-2021, 01:36 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,698,337 times
I'm not sure I am buying the idea that evangelicals were "against" Israel in the 1950s. Their support might have been lukewarm as was the US state department. The US had several points of contention with Israel at times. I think your suggestion that Israel was part of the power struggle between the US and USSR and that the picture solidified in 1967.

As for evangelicals in the south being anti-sematic in the 1920s? That was before Israel officially became a nation which was the event that around which this new age eschatology seemed to coalesce. Southerners were just jealous of old "Saul" who was the prosperous merchant among their midst.

I think it took a while for the New Age dispensationalists to get things cranked up regarding how important the Nation of Israel was in regards to the end times stuff. And then when Israel whipped up on all the Soviet backed Arab states in both '67 and '73 it was sort of confirmation that Jesus was on their side.

There were some other things that went on. Leon Uris book "Exodus" and the movie made from the book presented Israel in a sympathetic light for Americans during the late '50s and early '60s. Hal Lindsey wrote his book in 1970... "The Late Great Planet Earth" which spelled out Israel's role in the end times.

Finally, when the Arab terrorist kidnaped the Israeli athletes in the '72 Olympics...that went a long way in making Americans (not just evangelicals) sympathetic and supportive of Israel. And this was about the time when Arab terrorists were hijacking a plane every other day and constantly doing stuff to make Americans more supportive of Israel.

Old 02-20-2021, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I'm not sure I am buying the idea that evangelicals were "against" Israel in the 1950s. Their support might have been lukewarm as was the US state department. The US had several points of contention with Israel at times. I think your suggestion that Israel was part of the power struggle between the US and USSR and that the picture solidified in 1967.

As for evangelicals in the south being anti-sematic in the 1920s? That was before Israel officially became a nation which was the event that around which this new age eschatology seemed to coalesce. Southerners were just jealous of old "Saul" who was the prosperous merchant among their midst.

I think it took a while for the New Age dispensationalists to get things cranked up regarding how important the Nation of Israel was in regards to the end times stuff. And then when Israel whipped up on all the Soviet backed Arab states in both '67 and '73 it was sort of confirmation that Jesus was on their side.

There were some other things that went on. Leon Uris book "Exodus" and the movie made from the book presented Israel in a sympathetic light for Americans during the late '50s and early '60s. Hal Lindsey wrote his book in 1970... "The Late Great Planet Earth" which spelled out Israel's role in the end times.

Finally, when the Arab terrorist kidnaped the Israeli athletes in the '72 Olympics...that went a long way in making Americans (not just evangelicals) sympathetic and supportive of Israel. And this was about the time when Arab terrorists were hijacking a plane every other day and constantly doing stuff to make Americans more supportive of Israel.
The moral majority thought 1967 ushered in an era of Jewish supremacy: https://www.jstor.org/stable/4328433...o_tab_contents

edit: read page 271 third paragraph

To this day I see evangelicals worship Jews and Israel, a brand new phenomenon.

It also ironically matches when the US geopolitical interests aligned with Israel (support radical Islam to destroy Arab nationalism).

To me, that makes evangelicals government patsies, they don't have an original idea in their bone. They just believe whatever is convenient for the government at any given time.

Old 02-20-2021, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Except for Pat Robertson and his 'moral majority' when preached Jewish supremacy.

This was at the same time the US realigned themselves to support Israel because both of their political goals in using radical islam to destroy secular nationalism.

It's in the Bible that those that bless Israel will be blessed as well. ( Or something like that, can't find it right away.)
So finally the "evangelists" caught up with this message.

Therefore Jews are doing very well in America from that point on.

Quote:
Jews are sitting pretty comfy today with control of the Christian population, them being the government supporting morons they are.

They are definitely NOT "in control of Christian population," since Israel's policies are coordinated with US government.

Old 02-20-2021, 01:43 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:

Jews control the Christian population?

And I’m not reading any article that is entitled “The Problem with Israel,” put out by an Arab antisemite.

Finally, I thought this thread was about Israel. Why are you complaining about Jews? I thought hating Israel, which you clearly do, has nothing to do with being antisemtic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
It's in the Bible that those that bless Israel will be blessed as well. ( Or something like that, can't find it right away.)
So finally the "evangelists" caught up with this message.

Therefore Jews are doing very well in America from that point on.

They are definitely NOT "in control of Christian population," since Israel's policies are coordinated with US government.
The second the US government has no geopolitical interests with Israel is the second these evangelicals start hating jews again.

They do not have an original bone in their body, just slaves of the government.

If you go down south and talk to them, they'd tell you they were against the federal government. It's just a joke.

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Have you read Chaucer before, anti-semitism is everwhere in medieval europe:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/ant...edieval-Europe

England banished the jews from their kingdom in 1100.
You keep changing the goal post. In the past, particularly medieval times not being Christian was not tolerated in Europe. Even being a Christian without being exactly in alignment with the Church wasn't even tolerated then. But Hitler and the nazis wasn't based in religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies