Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 12:08 PM

1,300 posts, read 961,140 times

Advertisements

My ideal solution to the Israel-Palestinian problem.
Both the Israelis and Palestinians ditch religion, unite, create the secular republic of New Samaria. Publicly guillotine all of the area clerics , Jewish, Muslim and Christian alike. Turn the former houses of worship into something actually useful. Paint graffiti on that useless wall. And build a large, beer garden bar atop the temple mount, selling a collection of alcoholic beverages and pulled pork sandwiches.

Maybe in a few centuries

Old 02-20-2021, 12:10 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Money,
easiest way to steal money is to "send it to poor people" in another country

Old 02-20-2021, 12:30 PM

2,774 posts, read 902,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Why do evangelicals believe whatever the government wants them too?

Before 1967 the US and Israel did not have the same geopolitical aims.

Before 1967 evangelicals were anti-Semitic and you did not see support for the Israel in the deep south.

The the Government and state department liked how Israel was destroying Arab nationalism and bolstering Islamic radicalism which is around the time evangelicals started preaching support for Israel.

Why are the evangelicals patsies for the government, why do they just happen to support policy that is inline with the USA's geopolitical goals?
Your anti-Jew sentiments are coming through loud and clear. First of all your "evangelicals were anti-Semitic" statement is a pretty broad brush. I can only speak directly to my personal evangelical experience from the late 80's on, but I've never known an evangelical who was openly anti-Semitic. I have met Lutherans and Catholics who are openly anti-Semitic even now. I was raised Catholic and test drove the Lutheran church for a few years until they took a hard left in their doctrine, after which I chose the evangelical route.

I think it's generally accepted that many evangelicals were apolitical until the 70's. Jimmy Carter claiming he was a "born again Christian" won with support from many evangelicals. Even back in 76 I had a bad feeling about Carter and his record as president confirmed my doubts. Carter has aged into a bitter, openly anti-Semitic person, which is sad. When Reagan took office he won the support of many evangelicals. At that point I think it's accurate to say evangelicals became a major voting block for republicans.

I think that Israel destroying Arab nationalism (which always included the destruction of Israel) is a good thing. They didn't "bolster" Islamic radicalism, it was always there but became more violent with each success Israel had against it's enemies, 6 day war, Yom Kippur war, etc..

The U.S government's political goals have been in the past, to shore up democracies that serve in our best interests particularly in terms of national security. It's good to have friends in the right places globally. That changed under Obama's open anti-Semitism, Trump restored it, and Biden, following instructions from his handlers, is dismantling the good relationship we had with Israel under Trump.

Last edited by Casey73; 02-20-2021 at 01:07 PM..

Old 02-20-2021, 12:35 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Not being particularly anti-semitic does not absolve them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antise...I_antisemitism

Christians have been anti-semitic for hundreds of years based on the death of Jesus.

Jews also promoted usury which Christian people didn't.

Evangelicals did not start supporting Israel state rights or the Jewish people in general until 1967, conveniently when Israel and US geopolitical goals aligned.

All the sudden they moved from ridiculing Jews to targeting Muslims.

What is the point of pretending to believe in something when its just about supporting whatever the government wants.

These "anti-government" people are a joke.
That's not true. In the Christian belief the death of Jesus was suppose to happen and his sacrificial death brought salvation. From that perspective Jews were doing what they were supposed to do at the time.

Long ago in Europe Catholics didn't tolerate anyone not accepting Catholicism, whether you were Jewish or non-Jewish.

Last edited by mtl1; 02-20-2021 at 12:46 PM..

Old 02-20-2021, 01:02 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WandererAndTraveler View Post
On Iranian passports, there is a written caveat saying the porter of this passport is prohibited from traveling to Israel and doing so is punishable by death.
Lol, I have an Iranian passport and I can go to Israel whenever I want.

Old 02-20-2021, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That's not true. In the Christian belief the death of Jesus was suppose to happen and his sacrificial death brought salvation. From that perspective Jews were doing what they were supposed to do at the time.

Long ago in Europe Catholics didn't tolerate anyone not accepting Catholicism, whether you were Jewish or non-Jewish.
They were anti-semites.

Hitler didn't appear out of no where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
Your anti-Jew sentiments are coming through loud and clear. First of all your "evangelicals were anti-Semitic" statement is a pretty broad brush. I can only speak directly to my personal evangelical experience from the late 80's on, but I've never known an evangelical who was openly anti-Semitic. I have met Lutherans and Catholics who are openly anti-Semitic even now. I was raised Catholic and test drove the Lutheran church for a few years until they took a hard left in their doctrine, after which I chose the evangelical route.

I think it's generally accepted that many evangelicals were apolitical until the 70's. Jimmy Carter claiming he was a "born again Christian" won with support from many evangelicals. Even back in 76 I had a bad feeling about Carter and his record as president confirmed my doubts. Carter has aged into a bitter, openly anti-Semitic person, which is sad. When Reagan took office he won the support of many evangelicals. At that point I think it's accurate to say evangelicals became a major voting block for republicans.

I think that Israel destroying Arab nationalism (which always included the destruction of Israel) is a good thing. They didn't "bolster" Islamic radicalism, it was always there but became more violent with each success Israel had against it's enemies, 6 day war, Yom Kippur war, etc..

The U.S government's political goals have been in the past, to shore up democracies that serve in our best interests particularly in terms of national security. It's good to have friends in the right places globally. That changed under Obama's open anti-Semitism, Trump restored it, and Biden, following instructions from his handlers, is dismantling the good relationship we had with Israel under Trump.
Israel and the US directly supported radical islam, not democracy.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/4328433...o_tab_contents

Read page 271 starting in the second paragraph, Pat Robertson and the moral majority thought 1967 should sign the reign of Jewish supremacy.

1967 was also the year Israel started supporting Jihadists, the 73 war also a secular arab war, Israel wanted Jihadism as did the US.

It's so strange the moral majority appeared when most convenient to the US government.

Old 02-20-2021, 01:14 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:

This is only partially true.

The long list of persecution of Jews in Europe, in Christian cultures of different denominations proves differently. ( I am sure that this kind of attitude didn't skip America entirely as well.)

I think only Christians that "got the message" for real, were ascribing the viewpoint that you described above.

Old 02-20-2021, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
What you mean to say is that you want evangelicals to confront your beliefs about their beliefs.
Read page 271, second parahraph:

https://www.jstor.org/stable/4328433...o_tab_contents

1967 was the year US-Israeli relationship turned into what it is today, a support of radical islam to counter arab nationalism.

This was also the time the moral majority showed up promoting Jewish supremacy, it is all a joke.

The evangelicals just support whatever the government wants, clueless patsies they are.

Old 02-20-2021, 01:18 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
They were anti-semites.

Hitler didn't appear out of no where.

That has nothing to do with religion, evangelicals and Christians. It was based in secularism and wasn't representative of most of the population.

I think I just realized why you keep bringing 1967 up. Wasn't that the year Muslim nations tried to take out Israel and were almost miraculously defeated by Israel in 6 days of warfare? And American Protestants are also to blame for the defeat. Maybe we should've came to the aid of Muslims right?

Old 02-20-2021, 01:19 PM

Quote:
That has nothing to do with religion, evangelicals and Christians. It was based in secularism and wasn't representative of most of the population.
Have you read Chaucer before, anti-semitism is everwhere in medieval europe:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/ant...edieval-Europe

England banished the jews from their kingdom in 1100.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies