Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2021, 07:34 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I haven't attacked Biden, I said I'd give him another month to see if his plans are effective. Trump put anyone succeeding him in a deep hole. His maskless moronic followers will spread illness, deaths and economic misery wherever they go and a lot won't get vaccinated either. Traitors to our nation is what they are. Biden's job now is to get the vaccines out.
I would give Biden a pass since February deaths were largely January cases. The bell was rung before Biden could do anything to stop it. Now if cases and deaths didn't plateau and comeback down, yes we should be in attack mode. No reason to be since Biden's biggest vaccine hurdle thus far is transportation due to a series of bad winter storms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2021, 07:41 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
What IS Biden's plan exactly? Of course give it time, but what is the plan?

So far he has mandated masks on interstate travel - something that was already being done. You needed to wear a mask in airports, airplanes and federal buildings before the Biden administration's EO order.

He is going full steam with vaccinations, as was the Trump administration. Nothing has changed.

Old 02-23-2021, 07:53 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
W. Europe has had to lockdown businesses with curfews for months now. They abandoned controlling this pandemic with masks, because masks don't work.
Somehow they work in Asia. Biology and physics is no different there.

Anyways it's just fatties and old people dying. Just hope ya right and my 110 lb diabetic wife with chronic kidney disease is safe. I've already been told she would never come out of a vegetative state once, don't want to repeat that experience.

Old 02-23-2021, 07:55 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
Quote:
Somehow they work in Asia. Biology and physics is no different there.

Anyways it's just fatties and old people dying. Just hope ya right and my 110 lb diabetic wife with chronic kidney disease is safe.
They don't work there either. Asia didn't just implement mask mandates. Their response was to lockdown in January. Do you understand why that worked and not masks? Is your IQ high enough?

Old 02-23-2021, 08:07 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
I haven't attacked Biden, I said I'd give him another month to see if his plans are effective. Trump put anyone succeeding him in a deep hole. His maskless moronic followers will spread illness, deaths and economic misery wherever they go and a lot won't get vaccinated either. Traitors to our nation is what they are. Biden's job now is to get the vaccines out.
What has Biden done? So far nothing is different then what is already being done.

Old 02-23-2021, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
What plan???

I have diabetes, I'm a two-time cancer survivor and have had triple bypass heart surgery. I should think I'd have a reasonable expectation of being a priority for vaccination. I'm not. I've gone the rounds calling everyone imaginable and nobody can help me. Everyone with even a modicum of decision making capability is completely inaccessible. I'm not a medical worker, I'm not over 65, I'm not a nursing home resident or in prison, I'm not considered an essential worker, bla, bla, bla. So I will probably have to wait until sometime after August to get the vaccine for a disease that is much more likely to kill me than most of the people who "matter enough" to be vaccinated.

So tell me, how is Joe Biden's "plan" going to help me??

Truth is, "the plan" was already in place long before Biden took office and Biden hasn't done anything that's going to significantly affect much of anything. Lots of word salad for doing nothing that wasn't already being done.
Talk to your state. The state is running who is in what group, not the feds. You are directing your anger at the wrong people and being a hypocrite since you never held Trump's feet to the fire.

Old 02-23-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
What has Biden done? So far nothing is different then what is already being done.
Federal vaccination sites. Remember, Trump barely had any federal testing sites during the thick of things.

Old 02-23-2021, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Federal vaccination sites. Remember, Trump barely had any federal testing sites during the thick of things.
Then why are people complaining that they can’t get vaccinated, even though they have medical issues? I see more complaints now then before.

Old 02-23-2021, 08:40 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Talk to your state. The state is running who is in what group, not the feds. You are directing your anger at the wrong people and being a hypocrite since you never held Trump's feet to the fire.
The fact is States aren't getting all the vaccines they need. My wife's in the same boat as Golden. We need more vaccines produced and people like Golden and my wife should be able to get it without going through hoops. As I've stated this ain't on Biden... yet.

Old 02-23-2021, 08:41 AM

Quote:
The vaccine was in the early stages under Trump. First responders, medical personnel were first in line to receive the vaccine, my daughter who is a RN got hers pretty early.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies