Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2021, 09:58 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The President of the United States must be held to the same standard. This isn't Trump's America anymore. This is CCP Joe Biden's America. It was Biden who claimed that Trump might as well have murdered everyone who died from COVID-19 under his watch. That is the standard that he effectively set for himself by running his mouth.

As of January 19th (Trump's last day in office) there were 417,262 COVID-19 deaths. That was spread out over an 11 month period, for an average of 37,933 deaths per month. The current COVID-19 death toll stands at 511,302. That means -- by the standard Biden set himself -- Joe Biden has murdered 94,040 Americans in just one month. This is even more inexcusable because Joe Biden gets to piggyback off of the Trump Presidency's vaccines, mask manufacturing surge, ventilator manufacturing surge, surge in hand sanitizer production, getting the hospitals well organized to treat COVID-19, etc.

Personally, I've got no objection to wearing masks. Infection and death rates don't seem to change all that much going from draconian mask enforcing places to very lax "Who needs a mask?" sorts of places. But it might help and doesn't hurt me, so I'll do it. The trend of refusing to mask up certainly isn't a purely Red vs Blue phenomenon.
I don't let Joe Biden or Donald Trump set my standards.

You can't change the course of a pandemic in thirty days, unless it's the first thirty days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2021, 10:07 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,060,758 times
Quote:
Thanks President Biden!

Quote:
COVID-19 is in retreat in America. New daily cases have plunged, and hospitalizations are down almost 50 percent in the past month. This is not an artifact of infrequent testing, since the share of regional daily tests that are coming back positive has declined even more than the number of cases. Some pandemic statistics are foggy, but the current decline of COVID-19 is crystal clear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
This is happening worldwide
Thanks Biden?

Old 02-22-2021, 10:08 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Thanks Biden?
What has he done that wasn’t already being done?

Old 02-22-2021, 10:14 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,060,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
What has he done that wasn’t already being done?
I was being facetious. Biden’s plan has almost completely been continue with what was in place.

Old 02-22-2021, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
I was being facetious. Biden’s plan has almost completely been continue with what was in place.
Ok

Old 02-22-2021, 12:56 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The average lifespan lost was ten years.

Some people care for their parents and grandparents. I'm sorry you have the fascist idea that people exist for the benefit of the state.
I'm sorry but the idea of locking down or forcing people to mask it (masks don't work btw, or we'd have controlled this pandemic by now as would W. Europe) is an argument for the good of society. I'm saying inconveniencing young and/or healthy people to spare fatties and oldies those 2 years, doesn't ring on my "give a sh* meter". I don't care. And many Americans don't care. We're not afraid of Covid, if we catch it or not. And we won't lose 1 minute of sleep if we pass it to you and you croak over it. We have our lives and we're gonna live them.

Old 02-22-2021, 02:48 PM

34,062 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I don't let Joe Biden or Donald Trump set my standards.

You can't change the course of a pandemic in thirty days, unless it's the first thirty days.
You can vastly change things in 30 days. JB hasn't.

Once the Chinese ate bats, the world was going to suffer. The POTUS, nor the EU leaders could undo the damage the LATEST Chinese pandemic caused the world.

Old 02-22-2021, 02:54 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Wow... this thread clearly illustrates Trumpism's awareness of the ex POTUS' total incompetence, failure and disinterest in the nation's well being...what other explanation for so much envy over the leadership and early successes made by the Biden team. Tsk tsk. Functioning government works for all of us.

Hey naysayers, chill out and stop trying to fabricate problems, as the implementation of the current administration's lauded plan, and their performance is meant for everyone, not just those who voted Democratic. Trumpism's members are the beneficiary of the hard work too. All Americans profit from the creation and roll out of this real response to our troubles. The Biden administration does not view our public health crisis as a partisan issue. Those days of a president pitting so called red and blue states against each other are over.

All the effort and accomplishments that have occurred from having this new, skilled and dedicated team focus on the federal response to the pandemic is for for the welfare of the entire UNITED States. This is not viewed as a divisive political contest or means to punish voters of any one ilk. This is good public service, why lie and spin falsehoods and tear normalcy down?

So much normalcy and in only 33 days.

Old 02-22-2021, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Wow... this thread clearly illustrates Trumpism's awareness of the ex POTUS' total incompetence, failure and disinterest in the nation's well being...what other explanation for so much envy over the leadership and early successes made by the Biden team. Tsk tsk. Functioning government works for all of us.

Hey naysayers, chill out and stop trying to fabricate problems, as the implementation of the current administration's lauded plan, and their performance is meant for everyone, not just those who voted Democratic. Trumpism's members are the beneficiary of the hard work too. All Americans profit from the creation and roll out of this real response to our troubles. The Biden administration does not view our public health crisis as a partisan issue. Those days of a president pitting so called red and blue states against each other are over.

All the effort and accomplishments that have occurred from having this new, skilled and dedicated team focus on the federal response to the pandemic is for for the welfare of the entire UNITED States. This is not viewed as a divisive political contest or means to punish voters of any one ilk. This is good public service, why lie and spin falsehoods and tear normalcy down?

So much normalcy and in only 33 days.
What have they done? Thought they already had a plan and been up and running the day after inauguration, yet
He is not enforcing stopping people from entering the country illegally at our borders. How is that supposed to stop the spread?

Old 02-22-2021, 03:37 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The President of the United States must be held to the same standard. This isn't Trump's America anymore. This is CCP Joe Biden's America. It was Biden who claimed that Trump might as well have murdered everyone who died from COVID-19 under his watch. That is the standard that he effectively set for himself by running his mouth.

As of January 19th (Trump's last day in office) there were 417,262 COVID-19 deaths. That was spread out over an 11 month period, for an average of 37,933 deaths per month. The current COVID-19 death toll stands at 511,302. That means -- by the standard Biden set himself -- Joe Biden has murdered 94,040 Americans in just one month. This is even more inexcusable because Joe Biden gets to piggyback off of the Trump Presidency's vaccines, mask manufacturing surge, ventilator manufacturing surge, surge in hand sanitizer production, getting the hospitals well organized to treat COVID-19, etc.

Personally, I've got no objection to wearing masks. Infection and death rates don't seem to change all that much going from draconian mask enforcing places to very lax "Who needs a mask?" sorts of places. But it might help and doesn't hurt me, so I'll do it. The trend of refusing to mask up certainly isn't a purely Red vs Blue phenomenon.
Cherry-picking much? The winter surge was worse in Arizona than the summer was. Why, more cases of getogethers. Lots of the "Biden deaths" are still Trump deaths since death happens often two to eight weeks after first symptoms. Most people who died when Biden were president, were sick before Biden took office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies