Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 02:39 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,498,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Why has Donald Trump fought so hard to keep his tax returns secret?

I keep mine secret. Why shouldn't he?
Because he said he would release them.

Nothing is more important than character, and the non release is yet another example of Trump’s lack of character.

Old 02-24-2021, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
"Iff you haff nothink to hide, then why do you keep it secret?"

TRANSLATION: We have no legal means to compel you to open up for tax forms, and no particular reason to think you've committed a crime. So we want to go on a fishing expedition, looking at every bit of your life in hopes we eventually find something somehow, and then destroy you for it.

""Show me the man, and eventually I'll find you a crime."
He promised he would release them.

If he didn’t want to release them, and wasn’t going to, then he should have said that from the beginning.

Old 02-24-2021, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Possibly because it is none of your business.
He made it our business by promising to release them.

Old 02-24-2021, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
Do you think that any POTUS can effectively govern without conflict of interest if the POTUS owes substantial amounts of money to foreign interests? I'm not saying that's the case here but American citizens are entitled to know if any presidential candidate or POTUS is beholden to a foreign influence. That's why his and any presidential candidate should release their tax returns.
No, voters aren’t entitled to know that....but if the candidate intends to keep that private by not releasing his/her returns, we are entitled to know about that refusal to release before the election if the candidate is asked about it.

Old 02-24-2021, 03:45 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,084,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Except he promised to release them.

Yet another example of his lack of character.

I think he should have said what you just did, adding that he wouldn’t release them, and then let the chips fall where they may re the 2016 election.

But Trump was too much of a coward to do that.

He didn’t want to release his tax returns, but he also didn’t want to risk losing votes from supporters who wouldn’t like a refusal to release, so he lied.

My Mommy promised me a pony when I was 5.

I got over it.

Old 02-24-2021, 04:36 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,756,686 times
I am more interested in the tax returns of those career politicians that have become wealthy while in office, not those that already were.

Old 02-24-2021, 05:28 AM

9,500 posts, read 4,336,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatecake1977 View Post
Maybe because a person's tax returns are their own business...... Just a thought......

Seems obvious, but Dems/lefties/progressives don't do obvious very well.

I think Dem obsession with Trump's tax returns is just one small aspect of the huge, and growing, epidemic of cognitive dissonance/irrational hysteria sweeping the lefty community. I fully expect their heads to explode any time now. Luckily, their tiny pea brains are so small there won't be much mess to clean up.

Old 02-24-2021, 06:03 AM

58,992 posts, read 27,280,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
A man with nothing to hide, hides nothing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...7km?li=BBnbfcL
"Why has Donald Trump fought so hard to keep his tax returns secret?"

ALL people's tax returns are kept private, by LAW. Aren't you lefties always talking about following the law?

Why don't YOU release ALL your tax returns for your entire life? What are you hiding?

A person with world wide presence and a a multitude of businesses here, has a LOT MORE COMPLICATED taxes then those who use the simple tax return method.

I Thought you lefties knew EVERYTHING?

Another wasted thousands on a "higher" education!

The IRS experts who audit him EVERY YEAR have found NOTHING that warrants legal charges against him, but YOU know MORE then they do!

Old 02-24-2021, 09:05 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,688,265 times
Trump is a proven liar, cheat, con guy, etc. How on earth can anyone still believe anything Trump says?

Trump has inflated values his properties to secure a loan and then devalued those same properties for tax purposes. Felony! LOCK HIM UP!

Money laundering - Trump has be money laundering for years. His tax returns will show a connection to the Russian mob. Felony. LOCK HIM UP!

Misuse of campaign and charity funds. Felony. LOCK HIM UP!

Trump is guilty of so many frauds it is hard to list them all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbYkZXg0icw

Old 02-24-2021, 09:07 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,007,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
A man with nothing to hide, hides nothing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...7km?li=BBnbfcL
Or maybe it's because it's none of anyone else's business. They are only fishing for a charge to bring against him. It's for the same reason that we all fear an IRS audit. Look hard enough and they'll find SOMETHING wrong. It's just inevitable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies