Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2021, 05:01 PM

89,049 posts, read 44,853,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
So do you have a time machine? Because I've been looking for one for years.
You made a foolish, costly mistake. That's a shame, but it doesn't relieve you from your legal obligation to pay back your loan.

Quote:
With what money? I don't have that much even if you included the taxes.
You have a job, so with your income.

Quote:
The choices I made are irrelevant.
That belief is stunningly very far removed from actual reality. The choices you made are exactly why you have tens of thousands of dollars in student loan debt and a crappy low-paying job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2021, 05:02 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,227,909 times
Quote:
I didn't get a job at all let alone one in my field. I only got a very limited time with a career coach. I signed up to get a mentor and they flaked out on me and nothing happened after that. Any time I told them I couldn't find anything all I got was "look on our website at the job listings".

It's always someone else's fault, isn't it?

Old 03-02-2021, 05:03 PM

1,503 posts, read 608,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
I 100000% agree with you on that. Our sales taxes are high in my state but I’d much rather pay 3 years worth of property taxes as a sales tax at the closing table than to have to get squeezed every year for the rest of my life.
But you understand that property tax is not designed to get some money from you, right? It is designed to control you, force you to work forever, and not allow you to have safe life that billionaires enjoy. Property tax is a tool of a torture, not an economical tool.

I guarantee that nearly 100% of population will welcome increased sales tax in exchange to zeroing out property tax, but I can also guarantee that elites will never allow this to happen.

Old 03-02-2021, 05:04 PM

Quote:
So only I should abide by my contract?

Because the school is the one that broke their word.
How did the school break their word? You earned a degree.

Old 03-02-2021, 05:04 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
I didn't want an education though. Yeah but it took me another year to do it. I failed a few classes.

Yeah I'm choosing not to go into the military or become a teacher. Do you really think I belong in either place?
look at what YOU just wrote about yourself.....

you did NOT want an education....that itself says a lot about you...so just what are you expecting... a cradle to grave handout??

do I think you "belong" as a teacher or the military?? not a chance, if you don't think education is worth it, you would not make a good teacher.... and as to the military, nope, I don't think you would conform to the rules and regulations

again what kind of degree...and where are you willing to look for work??

Old 03-02-2021, 05:09 PM

1,768 posts, read 716,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Corporations and people should be not be one and the same. You tax capital gains of individuals separate from businesses. Anything over 10 million a year should be taxed at 50%.

I noticed people claiming 50% tax rates etc. Guess what? We have a graduated tax structure. The highest rate is for income above a certain amount and the rate is less at lower tiers of income earned.

As for people leaving the country. They won’t be able to perform any transaction, investment or make any money here without being penalized. Trade deals could be made with other wealthy nations to implement extra taxes on these people wherever they run.

Someone who makes 100 million didn’t necessarily work any harder than someone who makes 100 dollars. The rich person also couldn’t get that way without a society to profit from. So since monopolies are unlawful, it implies there is a limit to resource accumulation.
The rich person person also usually has most of their net worth in business, real estate, and stocks, ect.
Raising the rates really only hurts the people with high paying jobs ect. It's tricky how to raise rates on these people without having unintended consequences for others that aren't near as wealthy. I think most people would be in favor of new brackets for for capital gains. I am against raising the corporate tax rate though as it reduces investment in the US and leads company's like apple and Microsoft to keep billions and billions overseas to avoid the taxes completely.

Quote:
I didn't want an education though. Yeah but it took me another year to do it. I failed a few classes. Sure if it makes a difference to you: IT/Visual Communications and anything relating to graphic design/video editing.

Yeah I'm choosing not to go into the military or become a teacher. Do you really think I belong in either place?
Then why did you sign contracts to borrow tens of thousands of dollars in student loans to go to college?

9,890 posts, read 4,653,413 times
What happens to budget if just 10% of those millionaires go broke?

Old 03-02-2021, 05:17 PM

1,503 posts, read 608,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Nonsense. And don't feed me stories about graduates who can't find a match for residency because they went to offshore medical school mills because they couldn't pass MCAT or measure up to a US medical school.

Even in the hottest professions I'm sure you can find 0.1% who just don't have what it takes to make it in that field.
Nonsense? Oh, I'm sure you know much better that AAEM:

https://www.aaemrsa.org/about/positi...ent-job-market

I understand your desire to get into denial, but in this life and especially in this capitalist system the following is an absolute truth:

1. Hard work means nothing and leads to nowhere.
2. Your own efforts, your abilities, your choices mean nothing and lead to nowhere.
3. The ONLY way to get good job and/or good life is sheer dumb luck.

I've seen way too many proofs of the above (including my own) - to the point when this can count as ultimate fact.

30 years ago I had equal interest in chem and programming. Both were respectable carrier choices. I got into programming, then through the chain of lucky events I got into the position where I'm now. If I've chosen chemistry - ops, there are no more good paying chem jobs in the USA. Zero. All of them went to Canada and China. Some remnants are still in Germany and Russia, but - that's it. Sheer dumb luck.

As for programmers - I've seen guys smarter than me, but getting five times less. I've seen guys infinitely dumber than me, but getting millions - just by being in the right place in the right time. Sheer dumb luck.

Old 03-02-2021, 05:17 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,401,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
What happens to budget if just 10% of those millionaires go broke?
Than we blame our current situation on the rich and tax those that remain at a higher rate. I learned that at college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies