Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2021, 05:54 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,402,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
That's the thing: my desire since I was 12 was to move to another state but I have never been able to make that happen. I would lose my coach if I moved out there. I don't know about transferring my job so I would need to find another one. So it's that good old catch 22: Need a job to get out there but need to be out there to get a job.
Try Indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2021, 05:54 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
truly no way you were ever a Republican.
So what do Republicans want for tax reform. A flat income tax for everybody, whether rich or poor?

Old 03-02-2021, 05:58 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Yeah but I don't make that much.

My point is I was cursed to make those choices.

I mean as I said earlier I think I caused the virus so that's pretty strange to say to me. Aside from that nothing is really my fault. I mean I used to tell myself it was so much so that I thought it was better off I was never born but that's lies we tell ourselves right?

No I just wanted it to be worth the effort.

Exactly so I'm making a good choice not to try and pay it.

I just said but okay: IT/Visual Communications and anything in graphic design/video editing.

I already told you but in case you forgot: I wanted a decent paying job that suited me.

IT jobs are nearly everywhere... are you willing to look outside of your current location??

checkout USAJOBS.GOV the government is always looking for IT people

Old 03-02-2021, 05:58 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So what do Republicans want for tax reform. A flat income tax for everybody, whether rich or poor?
Zero income tax and zero corporate tax.

A consumption based sales tax such as Fair Tax would do the trick.

Old 03-02-2021, 05:59 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
What do you mean it doesn't matter? Is the amount 30k or is it 10k? How do I pay it back if I don't have it? With another loan? That wouldn't solve the problem.
You make payments like everyone else who has a loan does. How do you not know that?

Quote:
If delusional means looking back at my past self with a kinder eye then sure. Because I'm not interested in hating myself all the time for things that weren't my fault. I thought it wasn't healthy to think that way? In fact someone in my head was the one that used to say those things to me so I know they are all lies.
It absolutely was your fault, and no one else's, that you signed one or more student loan contracts. Why can't you accept responsibility for your own actions?

Old 03-02-2021, 06:00 PM

1,503 posts, read 608,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Did you even read your own link? Significant difficulty is not the same as being unable to get a job. And there is never a 100% guarantee in any sector or career.
Still in denial?

https://www.jem-journal.com/article/...006-8/fulltext
https://www.reddit.com/r/emergencyme...o_to_ensure_a/

Excert:
"I’m a graduating resident. Not a single one of my coresidents has a job yet. It will probably be marginally better next year since we missed out on ACEP but it’s not just big cities where it’s hard to get a job, it’s any high volume ED even near a big city".

Job growth for EM: 1.8% a year. EM supply growth: > 4% year. Demand/supply were expected to intersect in the beginning of 2021, but that expectation was pre-covid. Supply of EM is now more than demand. Can't find a link now, but number I saw was about 2000 new EM doctors.

According to you, EM doctors made a bad, irresponsible choice.

Old 03-02-2021, 06:01 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
That's the thing: my desire since I was 12 was to move to another state but I have never been able to make that happen. I would lose my coach if I moved out there. I don't know about transferring my job so I would need to find another one. So it's that good old catch 22: Need a job to get out there but need to be out there to get a job.
what kind of coach....?? are you talking sports? or something else

if your current location does not have the jobs you desire, then you NEED to be willing to look else where

Old 03-02-2021, 06:06 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,402,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
what kind of coach....?? are you talking sports? or something else

if your current location does not have the jobs you desire, then you NEED to be willing to look else where
These days you can almost work just about anywhere, anyway if you have a degree.

Old 03-02-2021, 06:07 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
A tax on cash & income? Or estimated value of property like homes ie a property tax?
I started bartering for just about everything....

Old 03-02-2021, 06:08 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
Still in denial?

https://www.jem-journal.com/article/...006-8/fulltext
https://www.reddit.com/r/emergencyme...o_to_ensure_a/

Excert:
"I’m a graduating resident. Not a single one of my coresidents has a job yet. It will probably be marginally better next year since we missed out on ACEP but it’s not just big cities where it’s hard to get a job, it’s any high volume ED even near a big city".

Job growth for EM: 1.8% a year. EM supply growth: > 4% year. Demand/supply were expected to intersect in the beginning of 2021, but that expectation was pre-covid. Supply of EM is now more than demand. Can't find a link now, but number I saw was about 2000 new EM doctors.

According to you, EM doctors made a bad, irresponsible choice.

Seriously? An unexpected disruption due to covid is all you've got? That's 2000 EM doctors out of how many total? What percentage is that? Worst case, cross over into non-emergency medicine. Let me know when licensed doctors have to start living on food stamps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies