Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why does Biden wear a mask despite being fully vaccinated
Genuinely protect himself and others against asypmtomatic or VERY small chance of Covid 21 27.63%
Virtue signalling 55 72.37%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 08:00 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,750,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Because the reaction to COVID is a scam and a hoax. He’s a moron but millions of sheep will do whatever he says.
There was perhaps an overreaction, but scam and hoax? Nah. There’s no reason to engage in hyperbolic stuff to make a point.

Millions dead worldwide would be ahead of me in line to call you out on this...if they weren’t, in fact, dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 08:06 PM

17,644 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
There was perhaps an overreaction, but scam and hoax? Nah. There’s no reason to engage in hyperbolic stuff to make a point.

Millions dead worldwide would be ahead of me in line to call you out on this...if they weren’t, in fact, dead.
The data is in and it proves that mask mandates and lockdowns do not work. Yet here we are going on year 2 of mask mandates and lockdowns in much of America (Democrat-run America).

Old 03-05-2021, 08:42 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Fauci wants masks into 2022, shot or no shot.
This morning I was driving by a Walmart about 10-12 minutes before they opened. I had one thing I needed to get, so I decided to pull in, park, and go to the door and wait. Right after I walked up to the door a guy (Gen Z or Millennial) went back to his car to get a second mask. When he came back, finishing putting on the second mask as he walked up, one of the guys he had been chatting with before he went back to his car asked him why he was putting on a second mask. He said that he doesn’t want to take any chances because he provides care for his mother.

^^^^^
and this was in the Houston metro.

Old 03-05-2021, 08:43 PM

331 posts, read 182,479 times
C) He keeps forgetting he took the vaccine already

Old 03-05-2021, 08:54 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,696,027 times
I'm no fan of Biden but he needs to wear a mask in a lot of situations. Now, I don't think he needs to wear one while giving a press conference.

I always thought that is where Trump lost some voters. A lot of people in this country lost a loved one to covid and instead of Trump just wearing a mask to lead by example he chose not too.

Old 03-05-2021, 08:54 PM

16,093 posts, read 10,762,339 times
Quote:
Because the reaction to COVID is a scam and a hoax. He’s a moron but millions of sheep will do whatever he says.
I think we now know who the moron is.

Actually he wears a mask to cover up the pesky baby's blood stain on his upper lip. You probably believe that, right?

Old 03-05-2021, 09:01 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:

Hyperbole is all he has.

Biden is setting an example. He isn't like Trump who got vaccinated but didn't want his freedumber base to know.

Old 03-05-2021, 09:04 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,750,085 times
Quote:
The data is in and it proves that mask mandates and lockdowns do not work. Yet here we are going on year 2 of mask mandates and lockdowns in much of America (Democrat-run America).
Eh? The majority of lockdowns and mask mandates were in a Republican-led America...so...yeah...

I’m open to the idea that lockdowns are not the best way to go about this. There have been some massive harms which have never really been, IMHO, fully accounted for.

But masks work fairly well, if it’s understood how they work and if people use them. When few folks use them, then duh, it won’t work for the rest who do. Maybe it’s because I grew up in a majority-Asian area, but while I always kind of made fun of them wearing masks, not it kind of makes sense. I find them to be a mild inconvenience, sure, but not much of one.

I can’t really understand the mask backlash. It really can’t be the masks themselves - it probably has to do with the so-called “mandates”, which by and large never had any teeth - they really weren’t enforced. So I have trouble understanding why, if you were always effectively allowed to flout the mandates, it’s a big deal in the first place. Mere personal responsibility for yourself and your neighbors should have prompted wearing masks regardless of any mandates.

Old 03-05-2021, 09:06 PM

45,233 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Hyperbole is all he has.

Biden is setting an example. He isn't like Trump who got vaccinated but didn't want his freedumber base to know.
An example for who? Do you need a politician to guide your behavior? Too funny.

Old 03-05-2021, 09:08 PM

17,644 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Eh? The majority of lockdowns and mask mandates were in a Republican-led America...so...yeah...

I’m open to the idea that lockdowns are not the best way to go about this. There have been some massive harms which have never really been, IMHO, fully accounted for.

But masks work fairly well, if it’s understood how they work and if people use them. When few folks use them, then duh, it won’t work for the rest who do. Maybe it’s because I grew up in a majority-Asian area, but while I always kind of made fun of them wearing masks, not it kind of makes sense. I find them to be a mild inconvenience, sure, but not much of one.

I can’t really understand the mask backlash. It really can’t be the masks themselves - it probably has to do with the so-called “mandates”, which by and large never had any teeth - they really weren’t enforced. So I have trouble understanding why, if you were always effectively allowed to flout the mandates, it’s a big deal in the first place. Mere personal responsibility for yourself and your neighbors should have prompted wearing masks regardless of any mandates.
Yes, I understand you don’t get it. You never will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies