Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why does Biden wear a mask despite being fully vaccinated
Genuinely protect himself and others against asypmtomatic or VERY small chance of Covid 21 27.63%
Virtue signalling 55 72.37%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 05:48 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,882,121 times

Advertisements

Sleeps Joe is wearing a mask so you cant see his lips move... DR Jill is behind pulling strings doing voice imitations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2021, 06:09 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,169,235 times
Wah wah wah, snowflake conservatives can't stand it that Biden has strong support 60%+ approval rating, a number Trump never got close to....

Old 03-07-2021, 06:19 PM

6,120 posts, read 4,611,100 times
Either way, it's not a bad thing.

If he's doing it because of (A), he's being extra cautious around himself and other people, even though as POTUS, he has an entourage of security that would not let anyone violate social distancing protocol and he has better access to testing than anyone else. He could snap his fingers 24-7 and the most accurate rapid test possible is done on the spot.

By this point, it should also be common knowledge that if someone who is fully vaccinated is around someone who is not, they should still wear a mask because the vaccinated person can still be an asymptomatic carrier of COVID-19 even though the vaccinated person would be less likely to get a severe case it it were transmitted to them. Which is why credible infectious disease experts are still urging vaccinated people to stick with the masks until COVID vaccinations become widespread enough to make herd immunity really work.

If he's doing it because of (B), he's simply modeling good behavior. I've noticed that "virtue signaling" has become the latest buzz phrase that adherents of right-wing politics use in a pejorative way when someone (particularly a public figure who has the public observing their every move closely) does something that sets a good example for others in a visible, public way.
I call it the old-fashioned "setting a good example" when it comes to Biden wearing a mask.

Old 03-07-2021, 07:54 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,264,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Why does Biden always conduct himself in public with a mask on even though he's vaccinated?

A) He genuinely wants to protect others from a possible asymptomatic spread or protect himself in the very small chance he could still get Covid

B) Virtue signalling
Trump didn’t So Joe does.

Old 03-07-2021, 08:01 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,936,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Why does Biden always conduct himself in public with a mask on even though he's vaccinated?

A) He genuinely wants to protect others from a possible asymptomatic spread or protect himself in the very small chance he could still get Covid

B) Virtue signalling
I have to say it, this is one stupid poll, based on a stupid question. I have been vaccinated, and I still wear a mask when I go out in public. Why?

1) Them's the rules. Most states still have mask mandates, and most restaurants and stores still require masks, and I've never seen a sign that said masks were rquired unless you've been vaccinated.

2) Safety. Health officials say we don't yet know whether an immune person could spread the virus.

3) Courtesy. I don't want some person in the grocery store to freak out because they think I'm endangering their life.

Only a moron of a President would go around all the time with no mask on.

Old 03-07-2021, 08:55 PM

5,057 posts, read 3,959,113 times
Is there any evidence at all that fully vaccinated folks are significant sources of viral transmission?

We’ve got 30 million fully vaccinated citizens now - we would know it if they were significant sources of Covid spread.

(It did take a long while for the Left to admit gloves in grocery stores was silly, scrubbing FedEx delivery boxes was nutty, closing beaches was absurd, banning spectators from outdoor stadiums was unscientific, pee wee soccer was ‘safe’, closing schools did more harm than good...at some point they’ll come clean regarding masks and the fully vaccinated ...till then Joe’s just another virtual signaler and obvious science denier.)

Old 03-07-2021, 09:01 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Is there any evidence at all that fully vaccinated folks are significant sources of viral transmission?

We’ve got 30 million fully vaccinated citizens now - we would know it if they were significant sources of Covid spread.

(It did take a long while for the Left to admit gloves in grocery stores was silly, scrubbing FedEx delivery boxes was nutty, closing beaches was absurd, banning spectators from outdoor stadiums was unscientific, pee wee soccer was ‘safe’, closing schools did more harm than good...at some point they’ll come clean regarding masks and the fully vaccinated ...till then Joe’s just another virtual signaler and obvious science denier.)

I suspect they will come clean about vaccinated people NOT spreading the virus once the vaccine opens up to any adult who wants one. Right now, they just don't want a two tiered system where vaccinated people can walk around maskless while non-vaccinated people are required to wear them since the vaccine is only open to 65 + and certain essential workers (my 68 year old dad was easily able to schedule his vaccine while my 63 year old mom has to wait until they open up to 50+ which might not be until April. I might have to wait until June).

Old 03-08-2021, 05:29 AM

5,057 posts, read 3,959,113 times
/\ Fortunately we have a system of federalism wherein our states can decide to follow the science while fully-vaccinated Joe dodders around in one - sometimes two- unnecessary masks.

One imagines there could be an (attempted) unscientific excuse to #maskforever since younger kids won’t be fully vaccinated for quite a while...

Meanwhile (and post-inauguration) it does appear the Left is finally acknowledging the obvious science regarding schools and Covid. Just a shame all those kids were unnecessarily damaged (academically, psychologically, etc).

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 03-08-2021 at 06:13 AM..

Old 03-08-2021, 07:07 AM

9,726 posts, read 14,269,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
Haven't seen anyone say that fully vaccinated are a significant source.

When you are president of the USA you need to be a good example to your people. That's why Biden is wearing a mask. We have a LOT of stupid people in the country. If they see him without one ANYWHERE, they will say "well I don't have to wear one in the store". They cannot comprehend that he'd be okay to not wear a mask when no one is within 20 ft of him.

Which is one of the things Trump failed to realize. It's called "being a good example for your people".
LOl.....A Good Example ???? ...... such as lying, plagiarizing, hiding in the basement, as President-not having press conferences, womanizing, "touching" children, calling Americans names like "Neanderthals", threatening to take President Trump behind the gym/barn to beat him up. If you're looking for a good example for the people of America, it certainly wouldn't be "Hiden Biden" and/or it wouldn't be "Sleepy Joe". Sorry, wearing a face mask just isn't going to do it.

Old 03-08-2021, 07:11 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
He wears one because from the states perspective its about mass compliance, nothing more. Its never been about actual health. Health is a personal choice and the state has no role there whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies