Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why does Biden wear a mask despite being fully vaccinated
Genuinely protect himself and others against asypmtomatic or VERY small chance of Covid 21 27.63%
Virtue signalling 55 72.37%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 09:18 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,747,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Yes, I understand you don’t get it. You never will.
Wouldn’t say that I never will, but it sure doesn’t compute in the terms in which it’s been espoused this far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 09:18 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
An example for who? Do you need a politician to guide your behavior? Too funny.
I didn't say I do. I certainly see Trumpies following Trump like sheep though.

Most people are stupid while I'm brilliant you're lucky I grace you with my presence here.

Old 03-05-2021, 09:21 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Eh? The majority of lockdowns and mask mandates were in a Republican-led America...so...yeah...

I’m open to the idea that lockdowns are not the best way to go about this. There have been some massive harms which have never really been, IMHO, fully accounted for.

But masks work fairly well, if it’s understood how they work and if people use them. When few folks use them, then duh, it won’t work for the rest who do. Maybe it’s because I grew up in a majority-Asian area, but while I always kind of made fun of them wearing masks, not it kind of makes sense. I find them to be a mild inconvenience, sure, but not much of one.

I can’t really understand the mask backlash. It really can’t be the masks themselves - it probably has to do with the so-called “mandates”, which by and large never had any teeth - they really weren’t enforced. So I have trouble understanding why, if you were always effectively allowed to flout the mandates, it’s a big deal in the first place. Mere personal responsibility for yourself and your neighbors should have prompted wearing masks regardless of any mandates.
Once you understand the typical Trumpie is dumber than a box of rocks it's not difficult to understand why they come to their wacky understanding of things.

Old 03-05-2021, 09:31 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,747,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Once you understand the typical Trumpie is dumber than a box of rocks it's not difficult to understand why they come to their wacky understanding of things.
Nah, I wouldn’t go there either. Trump was never my cup of tea, but I don’t think it’s the case that Trump folks are dumb. My parents spent a lot of time trying to convince me that Trump was a great president, and I’d hardly call them dumb. I don’t think there was any higher percentage of abject idiots voting for Trump than any other president, really. I also don’t think it’s fair to write off people en masse like that. I don’t mind writing off some ideas, however, or at least admitting that I’m totally lost when trying to understand them.

Old 03-05-2021, 10:36 PM

8,894 posts, read 5,375,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Fauci wants masks into 2022, shot or no shot.
Then there is no point in getting the shot.

Old 03-05-2021, 10:40 PM

8,894 posts, read 5,375,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Hyperbole is all he has.

Biden is setting an example. He isn't like Trump who got vaccinated but didn't want his freedumber base to know.
Sorry, but someone who took the vaccine and still wears a mask has declared it really doesn't work.

My son got COVID, but his company is now bothering him about taking the vaccine.

Old 03-05-2021, 10:52 PM

33,552 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The data is in and it proves that mask mandates and lockdowns do not work. Yet here we are going on year 2 of mask mandates and lockdowns in much of America (Democrat-run America).
Just wondering....Where do you get your science data? Magic 8 ball?

Old 03-05-2021, 10:53 PM

23,645 posts, read 12,553,459 times
B

Most likely he's doing it because they prerecord him talking, giving speeches and answering questions. Then they remove all of his dementia mutterings, along with removing anything he says that he shouldn't because he's too demented to remember not to say it, and then play it while he's talking. He just moves his jaw under the mask, maybe they give him a piece of gum or a tic tac to chew on, and it looks like he's talking in real time.

Old 03-05-2021, 10:56 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
B

Most likely he's doing it because they prerecord him talking, giving speeches and answering questions. Then they remove all of his dementia mutterings, along with removing anything he says that he shouldn't because he's too demented to remember not to say it, and then play it while he's talking. He just moves his jaw under the mask, maybe they give him a piece of gum or a tic tac to chew on, and it looks like he's talking in real time.

If it's THAT bad right now, they can't prop him for much longer. Do you think the media will admit that it's dementia or make up some other reason when he has to resign?

Old 03-05-2021, 10:57 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Sorry, but someone who took the vaccine and still wears a mask has declared it really doesn't work.

My son got COVID, but his company is now bothering him about taking the vaccine.
Someone who took the vaccine and still wears a mask is waiting for confirmation that vaccination not only prevents illness, which has clearly been established, but also prevents spread of the virus, which is not known for sure yet.

Vaccination is recommended for those who have had the disease because it is also not known how long those who have had it will be protected from getting it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies