Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 07:01 AM

5,046 posts, read 3,952,704 times

Advertisements

Maybe Joe is confused about this too, but he did receive his second vaccine (Pfizer) 10 weeks ago. And he is still parading round in his single and double masks.

It does seem the same silly 'experts' who denied science and told us to shut the k-12 schools, completely empty the outdoor stadiums and beaches, wear gloves while grocery shopping, and furiously scrub all delivered packages are at it again with the masks.

Somehow they duped Joe into wearing one - - now he's unknowingly spreading the anti-vaxx message that the vaccine is useless against Covid.

Somebody tell Joe that he has been vaccinated (even if he forgot both jabs and needs to be shown the picture), remind him he is the president of the US, and tell him there is now no scientific reason to think he'll spread Covid.

Last edited by Yac; 03-08-2021 at 12:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2021, 07:08 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,543,671 times
Vapid virtue signaling. That's all that the masks have EVER been. Look at me, I'm wearing this mask to protect YOU!

Puh-lease!

Old 03-06-2021, 07:15 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,567,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Vapid virtue signaling. That's all that the masks have EVER been. Look at me, I'm wearing this mask to protect YOU!

Puh-lease!
Exactly. Now I see people wearing Vaccinated buttons like a virtue signaling BADGE. While still wearing a MASK. Idiots all.

Old 03-06-2021, 07:20 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,543,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Exactly. Now I see people wearing Vaccinated buttons like a virtue signaling BADGE. While still wearing a MASK. Idiots all.

*sigh*

They can have their COVID shots. The more the better.

Old 03-06-2021, 07:21 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,168,768 times
It’s simple. There is still a chance to contract and spread the virus though vaccinated and furthermore, the federal government requires mask for all, whether or not vaccinated. So of course the President will wear a mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Idiotic comment. There is chance one can still contract and spread COVID even after being vaccinated. Furthermore, the vaccines are less effective against the newer strains.

In the federal government, you still must mask even if you are vaccinated and some employers are distinguishing between vaccinated and unvaccinated. My job has a badge.

So it’s not necessarily virtue signaling. People like yourself are being hypersensitive.

Old 03-06-2021, 07:31 AM

3,643 posts, read 1,597,875 times
After vaccination your immune memory is ready to go, but it takes 24 hours for it to start fighting if infected by the virus. In those 24 hours you can spread the infection to others.

Old 03-06-2021, 07:39 AM

9,874 posts, read 7,200,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
After vaccination your immune memory is ready to go, but it takes 24 hours for it to start fighting if infected by the virus. In those 24 hours you can spread the infection to others.
It takes a few weeks for the vaccine (any vaccine) to be fully effective. In that time one may catch the disease and although the body will be able to fight it off, one is still able to transmit the virus. It's not a magic pill.

Old 03-06-2021, 07:42 AM

24,471 posts, read 17,207,356 times
Joe wants to set a good example plus the mask prevents us from seeing any mutterings and possible spittle.

The guy has to be upset about the covid and mask wearing because it has kept him away from sniffing kids.

I don't care if Joe wears a mask or not but what really bugs me is the lying. Joe said that the vaccines were not available under Trump, trying to give himself a pat on the back but sorry Joe you got your first shot while Trump was still the President. It is convenient that Joe and the media both have such short memories.

I say keep wearing it Joe because if you do catch the Covid I don't think he has the strength to fight it like Trump did and that would mean a President Harris. Lord help us when Joe is the lesser of 2 weasels.

Old 03-06-2021, 07:54 AM

23,961 posts, read 15,069,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Joe wants to set a good example plus the mask prevents us from seeing any mutterings and possible spittle.

The guy has to be upset about the covid and mask wearing because it has kept him away from sniffing kids.

I don't care if Joe wears a mask or not but what really bugs me is the lying. Joe said that the vaccines were not available under Trump, trying to give himself a pat on the back but sorry Joe you got your first shot while Trump was still the President. It is convenient that Joe and the media both have such short memories.

I say keep wearing it Joe because if you do catch the Covid I don't think he has the strength to fight it like Trump did and that would mean a President Harris. Lord help us when Joe is the lesser of 2 weasels.
The vaccine has only become available in my county. A friend who is 76, has diabetes, a pacemaker, does in home dialysis just got his first shot Wednesday. So did DH. Others are still waiting. In Texas each county decides how they will administer the vaccine. If you can't get to the county site and refresh when they put out the weeks schedule, you are hosed. Some Dr. offices have it, some docs have no clue how to get it. Just the luck of the draw.

I was told it takes 4 weeks after the 2nd shot to be covered 95%. And to continue to wear the mask. You can have it and not know it, asymptomatic. If so, you can still throw it off. Not much, but still. If I care for others, why not?

Old 03-06-2021, 07:59 AM

18,801 posts, read 8,464,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Maybe Joe is confused about this too, but he did receive his second vaccine (Pfizer) 10 weeks ago. And he is still parading round in his single and double masks.

It does seem the same silly 'experts' who denied science and told us to shut the k-12 schools, completely empty the outdoor stadiums and beaches, wear gloves while grocery shopping, and furiously scrub all delivered packages are at it again with the masks.

Somehow they duped Joe into wearing one - - now he's unknowingly spreading the anti-vaxx message that the vaccine is useless against Covid.

Somebody tell Joe that he has been vaccinated (even if he forgot both jabs and needs to be shown the picture), remind him he is the president of the US, and tell him there is now no scientific reason to think he'll spread Covid.
Ah, how easy it would have been for Trump to have won!....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies