Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2021, 07:47 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times

Advertisements

130 million people in Mexico and Biden puts out the welcome mat. We will be overrun by illegals again and again. They get food, housing, schooling, and lawyers and we tax payers will have to pay much higher taxes to keep from going bankrupt. Get ready for higher cost of everything.

When we have an influx of illegals , food stamp buying brings prices up because free food pushes up demand and the food stamp buyers , buy at any price. Supply and demand , more demand and those that have to pay for their food out of their own pockets considers the price. Food stamps make it free so they buy at any price especially if they have free housing, free lunches, free free free they don't consider the cost. Americans get the shaft and wages stagnate because of cheap labor.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:01 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,563,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WandererAndTraveler View Post
So, did anyone actually answer the OP's question?
it's not a factual question. so when it actually happens I'll get back to op.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:34 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Just a simple question-

How does importing millions of uneducated, illiterate, unemployed people who do not speak English to the US make us a "better country"?

If these individuals are the key to a nation's prosperity, why does Guatemala, Mexico and Nicaragua not have a higher standard of living and greater GDP per capita than the US?

What are the chances of such people gaining employment in an economy that increasingly demands higher levels of technical education and degrees for employment?

Why are walls and fences required to "protect" our Capitol Building, but not the border?
The reason they come is because they are hired! Employers prefer illegal immigrants, especially for seasonal work, so that they can pay them extremely low wages without benefits.

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/21/75233...e-american-her

Old 03-15-2021, 09:41 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,510,277 times
Illegals are exploited as modern day slaves. The democrats like having their slaves even today. Most of them absolutely do not consider those people they want coming in their equals. They're cheap labor for them and their wealthy corporate friends.

Old 03-15-2021, 10:04 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Illegals are exploited as modern day slaves. The democrats like having their slaves even today. Most of them absolutely do not consider those people they want coming in their equals. They're cheap labor for them and their wealthy corporate friends.
They are also new potential democrat voters, Why do you think one of the very first things Biden did when get into office was starting talking about a path to citizenship for illegals? I'm watching that dumb old fool talking about that and I'm like, who in their right minds thinks that during his first 100 days that him putting that up high on the list is a good thing for the American people? I doubt that too many will. Of course you'll have your hand wringing America apologist types that think it's a good thing.

Why make it harder for our own low skilled people here to compete with a whole new influx of low skilled low educated people?

In one minute the Dems are talking about automation taking jobs away and how we are going to need UBI and then the next minute throwing out the welcome matt for more illegals to come here.

The border could be fixed now if they wanted it too. Trump was making an attempt. Wall was going up, border crossings were down and people weren't coming up in droves because they knew it was tougher.

Now, crap for brains reverses all of that and now all of the sudden we have a self-created "crisis" at the border.

This was at first all about cheap labor, now it's a blatant attempt at shifting the voting demographics by importing more people that will end up voting democrat because they know that the Dems did them a solid by giving them a path to citizenship.

It's so blatant I can't believe more people aren't seeing this.

Old 03-15-2021, 10:08 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
They are also new potential democrat voters, Why do you think one of the very first things Biden did when get into office was starting talking about a path to citizenship for illegals? I'm watching that dumb old fool talking about that and I'm like, who in their right minds thinks that during his first 100 days that him putting that up high on the list is a good thing for the American people? I doubt that too many will. Of course you'll have your hand wringing America apologist types that think it's a good thing.

Why make it harder for our own low skilled people here to compete with a whole new influx of low skilled low educated people?

In one minute the Dems are talking about automation taking jobs away and how we are going to need UBI and then the next minute throwing out the welcome matt for more illegals to come here.

The border could be fixed now if they wanted it too. Trump was making an attempt. Wall was going up, border crossings were down and people weren't coming up in droves because they knew it was tougher.

Now, crap for brains reverses all of that and now all of the sudden we have a self-created "crisis" at the border.

This was at first all about cheap labor, now it's a blatant attempt at shifting the voting demographics by importing more people that will end up voting democrat because they know that the Dems did them a solid by giving them a path to citizenship.

It's so blatant I can't believe more people aren't seeing this.
I think a lot of people ARE seeing it. Their opinions are being censored to give the impression that most people are in support of allowing millions of uneducated, unskilled semi-literate foreigners into the country illegally - and that those who are opposed are racists. It’s the way liberals dehumanize people who disagree with the New Radical Left.

Old 03-15-2021, 10:13 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,759,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Nor me! It's some greedy employers who decided it and they are breaking the law hiring illegal aliens. Most Americans do not hire them and no minority of fools are going to include me in their "we". Many of our politicians are at fault to and it's mostly Democrats. They aren't are part of "we" either. It will be a cold day in hell that I will learn Spanish to survive in my own damned country just to accomodate illegal aliens!
It's not "your" country. It's "our" country and soon Spanish will be the second language . It's gonna happen no matter what you think. They have more kids than people of European decent. That's just a fact. If it wasn't for immigrants from latin america the schools would be empty. Aprende español hermano. Lol

Old 03-15-2021, 10:20 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I think a lot of people ARE seeing it. Their opinions are being censored to give the impression that most people are in support of allowing millions of uneducated, unskilled semi-literate foreigners into the country illegally - and that those who are opposed are racists. It’s the way liberals dehumanize people who disagree with the New Radical Left.
Nobody in this thread gave a sufficient answer to the main point of the thread. Saw a bunch of dumb posts making references to the old days and how people just came over, blah blah blah.

We're talking NOW. Things change, times change, needs change.

How in the world is bringing in lots and lots of poor people into this nation that in many cases are unskilled and not well educated. How does this help America?

There is no answer because you, I, everyone that has an ounce of intellectual honesty knows that bringing too many of those people isn't productive for the nation.

We already let I think it's a million in per year, when they go the legal route. That too me is fine. It's more than many many other nations allow for.

The Lefties like to hold up Scandinavian countries as the be all end all, guess what, those countries have very tough entry rules (in general) and rules around becoming a citizen.

They seem to forget that part when they prattle on about how great northern European countries are.

Old 03-15-2021, 10:22 AM

1,052 posts, read 453,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
I'm gonna be frankly honest here.. We need them simply because they will do the jobs that whitebred millennials and younger from the burbs simply will not do. We have created at least 2 generations of useless worthless soft entitled lazy soulless mouth breathers. Now we have hit the nitro button on entitlement programs that incentivize creating welfare babies.

So in turn we are going to need an influx of nannies, construction workers, food service, etc.. jobs. You know the ones that don't pay that well and require actual work. We need these people!
Maybe instead of blaming "millennials" you can instead blame the greedy billionaire and corporate class for refusing to pay livable wages? If those jobs you speak of actually payed well, I guarantee you'd see a flood of "entitled millennials" taking them up, no need for Central American illegal alien gimmegrant invaders.

Old 03-15-2021, 10:27 AM

1,052 posts, read 453,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Nobody in this thread gave a sufficient answer to the main point of the thread. Saw a bunch of dumb posts making references to the old days and how people just came over, blah blah blah.

We're talking NOW. Things change, times change, needs change.

How in the world is bringing in lots and lots of poor people into this nation that in many cases are unskilled and not well educated. How does this help America?

There is no answer because you, I, everyone that has an ounce of intellectual honesty knows that bringing too many of those people isn't productive for the nation.

We already let I think it's a million in per year, when they go the legal route. That too me is fine. It's more than many many other nations allow for.

The Lefties like to hold up Scandinavian countries as the be all end all, guess what, those countries have very tough entry rules (in general) and rules around becoming a citizen.

They seem to forget that part when they prattle on about how great northern European countries are.
I agree with you except the Scandinavia part. The Scandinavian countries, especially Sweden, love mass unskilled migration just as much as the US under dems does. In 2015 Sweden accepted 163,000 refugees, or nearly 2% of its entire population. Due to high migration numbers, Sweden has the second highest population growth in the EU. Finland, although not Scandinavia, also has a "feminist" all-female led government that is keen on accepting large numbers of unskilled refugees. Denmark has had enough of the mass migration so now they are leaning anti-immigrant, though they still have a very large migrant background population, especially in Copenhagen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies