Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 10:46 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
The ACLU is okay. They've been consistent free speech advocates for all political stripes since their founding. On the SPLC I'm agnostic to indifferent. And the Iranian mullahs? If you think I support the Iranian mullahs then you know nothing of my political beliefs. If you've gone through my posting history you know this. Show where I said I support the Iranian mullahs and I'll donate $100 to your favorite charity (as long as it isn't the Trump slush fund).
I agree on the ACLU. Sometimes they defend some truly unpopular folks. And when they do. Its painful. But when you look at WHY they do it. It lines up with them protecting civil liberties. And yes, that means the unpopular ones too. Because its better to be more permissive, then to suppress peoples rights.

And they will fight a Left ran country, or a Right ran country that goes against what they believe are civil rights. And even when I find it offensive....I agree with the underlying purpose. They are a great place to bet folks on where the loser donates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2021, 10:50 PM

634 posts, read 328,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
LOL, sure he did. And he got 80 million votes, millions more than the first black President. That's all right, let's see how it goes in 2024 when you don't have a pandemic to mask the widescale fraud that happened.
How it goes in 2024? If Democrats are able to conduct such "widescale fraud" that they can win without any evidence or proof of the fraud existing, then I'm not worried about them ever losing an election again.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:53 PM

17,645 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEL1NER View Post
How it goes in 2024? If Democrats are able to conduct such "widescale fraud" that they can win without any evidence or proof of the fraud existing, then I'm not worried about them ever losing an election again.
If the rules stay the same, you'll be right. We have time to address the cheating that predated the 2020 presidential election.

Democrats can't win a fair national election, because the electorate doesn't hate the country like they do.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:54 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEL1NER View Post
Yep. The Dems sure got some powerful Juju.

Old 03-22-2021, 11:00 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
If the rules stay the same, you'll be right. We have time to address the cheating that predated the 2020 presidential election.

Democrats can't win a fair national election, because the electorate doesn't hate the country like they do.
Can we agree we want to find ways to keep foreign countries from being able to influence our country as much? And maybe agree to punish other countries that do it?

Cause I dont want other countries trying to make us hate each other. I dont care which side thinks they are supporting them-its only to damage us.

Old 03-22-2021, 11:01 PM

628 posts, read 695,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I bet Biden deposits his hard-earned salary.

Or, will he be like Trump and donate it back to the government?
The first president to work for free, in centuries. Will Biden be the 2nd?
No one! I wouldn't give my check to charity the CEO gets most of the funds. How do we know #45 gave his check-up every month? He said, he would, to be honest, I do not believe anything he says. To his supporters, I don't want to rain on your parade, burst your bubble. I am standing by my beliefs.

Old 03-22-2021, 11:05 PM

634 posts, read 328,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaJoy View Post
No one! I wouldn't give my check to charity the CEO gets most of the funds. How do we know #45 gave his check-up every month? He said, he would, to be honest, I do not believe anything he says. To his supporters, I don't want to rain on your parade, burst your bubble. I am standing by my beliefs.
Well that's certainly a take. I didn't think him donating his salary was ever up for debate; press releases were coming out quarterly showing his donations and it was easily verifiable. I mean, him donating that money doesn't mean anything 'good' about him and he more than made up for those amounts in other ways, but he did donate them and hopefully they helped at some of the organizations that received them.
It would have certainly made the news if he hadn't been doing it.

Old 03-23-2021, 01:48 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
There is fair and reasonable and then there is being a blood sucker.

At the time Biden was in the hole from large medical bills, that took a toll on his finances, he was not sitting so pretty. I am sure there were expenses associated with the cottage use and he was not exactly milking the government by charging the princely sum of 2200 a month. You really can’t compare.
This is like comparing someone who wants to steal a kiss to a your rapist.
Come on Biden is a multi millionaire from sucking the blood of the tax payers for over 4 decades. However, I agree he does steal kisses, sniffs hair and gropes. You know either you are a thief or you aren't. You aren't a little bit of a thief. Lets also not forget Biden using his position as VP to help his son in law's business. Then the hook ups for his son Hunter. Do you really think that the USN offers commissions to drug addicts? I wont even bring up the rest about hunter. Biden didnt steal a kiss, he is just another rapist. His charm is playing village idiot to hide it.

Old 03-23-2021, 01:50 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I think that a % is the best way to gauge a mans charity. Trumps have been trivial in comparison to his income. Also Charity is most seen in the moments you give without anything in return.

You donate because you care. You even donate to things you cant write off it sounds like. THAT is charity.

Biden doesn't brag about his, and I never would have suspected he gave almost 10%. Trump? Its a news conference, and the vast majority of his "charitable" giving has been easements on his properties-and often involved hm turning a small cash purchase into a massive tax writeoff. Those arent the same.

Let me give you a example. I bought storage lockers as a hobby for a bit. I could have donated the designer bag I found in a locker I bought for $150, and the bag was easily 2K! So I could have written off the 2K bag you donate to Goodwill.

Charitable guy right? Except here reality. Its DARN hard to get value like that from a bag that could very well be fake. Some of the fakes are REALLY hard to spot. So these designer bags dont really have good resale value. But the ones that can be authenticated? Sell at high values. So its easy to provide documentation showing the value of the bag you donated to goodwill. Voila. Small investment, massive writeoffs. In fact during bidding seeing these bags really doesn't cause folks to bid as high as you expect in a locker-because everyone who does this knows they probably arent real. And even if they were real it might still be hard to get that value. Its unlikely a tax auditor would know this, and even if he did you can write it off as a "misunderstanding". And thats the sort of thing Trump does.

BTW for those wondering? I gave it to my niece as a present after she saw it and was instantly in love. Odds of it being real? hmm...50/50. There was a lot of high end stuff in the locker, but also some knockoffs.

Also for those who are curious? Storage lockers? A TON of hard work. One place I won 2 lockers on the third floor. And had 12 hours to empty them. Which...hey thats doable right? Elevator was broken. And.....it was 110 degrees that day. It was 130 inside on the third floor. I almost got heatstroke. Also-theres a story behind every locker, and most of them are heartbreaking. You can see it in many of them as you go through. Medical bills of someone dying, court documents that make it clear they lost all their stuff. You're supposed to return personal stuff like that. If you ask the storage folks, that stuff is almost never picked up.
Great post if for no other reason it is a great read.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:51 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
I found an interesting article in Forbes: "What We Know- And Don't Know-About Biden And Trump's Charitable Giving."

The article goes into detail how much the Biden's gave to charity going back to 1998 when their annual salary was around $322,000.

The Biden's made most of their money in 2017 post his vice presidency. That year they made nearly 11 million from book and speaking engagements. That's the year they donated 1 million or 9% of their earnings. Which of course is way more than his presidential annual salary.

There are two decades worth of tax returns for the public to see.

Trump?

In 2016 he released a lost of charities he supposedly donated to. Most were free rounds of golf at Trump's golf courses. His foundation gave away 10,9 million from 2001-2014. Most of that money was from outsiders and only $2.8 million came from Trump himself. But we all know what happened to his grifter foundation.

Trump gives a little, but takes much much more. Trump donating his presidential salary? Peanuts compared to the tens of millions he made off of his presidency and the $200 million in his super Make America Great PAC that he can use for himself. If you read the fine print you will see that 75% of that money is routed to Trump's new Save America PAC. That money could legally end up in his own pocket.

Source: Business Insider: "75% of every donation to Trump's election defense fund could be spent by the president himself like paying family members or financing 2024 bid."

So I guess donating $400,000 a year to grift hundreds of millions? So Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies