Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2021, 11:56 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
That is exactly the issue. Those nut jobs - and I agree with that assessment - were law abiding just before they decided to kill. That in lies the problem. How do we make it so the nut jobs don't get the guns.
I'm not sure I would call them nut jobs for in a way, they are probably like rapists. If we say they are out for power, to control people, and their device is mass murder, then it is like rape where it is to control or hurt other people and sex is the weapon.

Calling people nuts doesn't lend to good prosecution.

As to the other question? Declare a dictatorship and lock everyone up from the start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2021, 11:58 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
The AR-15 especially is the gun because you can mow down so many more people.
Complete lie, you can get just the same rounds off as a colt revolver which is also a semi-automatic gun

Old 03-24-2021, 12:00 PM

4,905 posts, read 2,058,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I never understood how some people can live in a country with daily mass shooting and say, "That's fine."

To add insult to injury, it's the same group who wants to ban abortion and weed, as if people aren't just going to go around the law to get it. But with guns, somehow we can't do anything because "criminals will just go around the law and get them anyway."

You are free to surrender your guns at any time. As for your weed and abortion comment, neither of those two events are NOT protected under the Constitution of the United States... Yes, I know that this “little” called the Constitution gets in the way of liberals plans to get rid of ALL guns.

Old 03-24-2021, 12:03 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
I'm not sure I would call them nut jobs for in a way, they are probably like rapists. If we say they are out for power, to control people, and their device is mass murder, then it is like rape where it is to control or hurt other people and sex is the weapon.

Calling people nuts doesn't lend to good prosecution.

As to the other question? Declare a dictatorship and lock everyone up from the start.
I
A mass murder is not the same as a rapist. I disagree that they are out for power and control. It is a different pathology.

Old 03-24-2021, 12:05 PM

29,486 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
No. It was simply the term I used. I forgot that around here, everyone must use exact descriptions and meanings or they aren't taken seriously. Seriously, some people are wound a little too tight. That's the main reason friendly discussions don't often happen in the POC section of CD. smh
When one is talking about rights, and possible bans, you're damn right you'd better have the exact definitions. Rational discussion can't happen, until both sides agree on what they are debating.

We have some people, possibly you as well, that don't understand the definition of what a select fire (assault weapon, which is really a made up term) and a magazine fed semi auto rifle.

Old 03-24-2021, 12:07 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I never understood how some people can live in a country with daily mass shooting and say, "That's fine." To add insult to injury, it's the same group who wants to ban abortion and weed, as if people aren't just going to go around the law to get it. But with guns, somehow we can't do anything because "criminals will just go around the law and get them anyway."
I bet you feel SAFE in the inner city ghetto where guns are fully outlawed - do you dare walk down the street at night in those places? Because your chance of dying THERE dwarfs the astronomically low chance of dying in a mass shooting:

"The lifetime risk of dying in a mass shooting is around 1 in 110,154 — about the same chance of dying from a dog attack or legal execution. There is a three times greater chance of dying from a sharp object than from a mass shooting." On the other hand, you have a 1 in 7 chance of dying of heart disease or cancer, and a 1 in 113 risk of dying in a motor vehicle crash. https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...ar-out-of-sync

It amazes me that Leftists actually believe the propaganda that OUTLAWING guns - which means nullifying the 2nd Amendment and leaving us at the mercy of the Marxists who just took over our nation - will end the threat of mass shootings. Of course it won't - just the opposite - it will ensure that mass murderers will not encounter an armed citizen who can end the slaughter. Remember this? "A 'Good Guy With a Gun' Prevented a Texas Church Shooting From Becoming a Massacre" https://reason.com/2019/12/30/a-good...ng-a-massacre/

As a female, I am absolutely helpless if a criminal decides to attack me - unless I am armed. Guns are the great equalizer, and no woman should fall for the globalist propaganda that they will be SAFER if guns are outlawed for citizens. Just try and fend off a vicious psychopath intent on rape & murder with a can of mace, and see how well it works.

Old 03-24-2021, 12:14 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
It amazes me that Leftists actually believe the propaganda that OUTLAWING guns - which means nullifying the 2nd Amendment and leaving us at the mercy of the Marxists who just took over our nation - will end the threat of mass shootings.
Yeah, no one will be getting rid of their guns and any attempt to do so will set off red flags, if not something considerably worse.

Old 03-24-2021, 12:37 PM

989 posts, read 769,786 times
What rubbish this post is by the OP. We Left Leaning Independents are Gun owners too. Show me in writing where the Dems are going to take or ban guns. All we want as do 80 of Americans is sensible Gun laws and safeguards. Why Republicans will not stand by background check is ludicrous. Remember NOTHING will ever get done because the Republican congress is too busy thinking and praying, what a waste of taxpayers time. AND no one needs an assault rife, they should be banned.

Do not kid yourselves, the Republican Congress do not give a hoot about you children (E.G. Sandy Hook) or any other victim for that matter. Kids do not vote, Gun Fanatics do!!!!! Just another example of the corrupt lily livered republican congress. what a bunch of useless folk.

Old 03-24-2021, 12:38 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shokwaverider View Post
What rubbish this post is by the OP. We Left Leaning Independents are Gun owners too. Show me in writing where the Dems are going to take or ban guns. All we want as do 80 of Americans is sensible Gun laws and safeguards. Why Republicans will not stand by background check is ludicrous. Remember NOTHING will ever get done because the Republican congress is too busy thinking and praying, what a waste of taxpayers time. AND no one needs an assault rife, they should be banned.

Do not kid yourselves, the Republican Congress do not give a hoot about you children (E.G. Sandy Hook) or any other victim for that matter. Kids do not vote, Gun Fanatics do!!!!! Just another example of the corrupt lily livered republican congress. what a bunch of useless folk.

Are we talking about assault rifles or the AR-15......for the two are not the same.

Old 03-24-2021, 12:38 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
violence itself is out of control... there are more people killed by knives, than by guns
I've heard this argument before, usually followed by " why don't we ban knives?"

Of course the answer is you can't carve a turkey with a Glock.

You may have misunderstood an article that claimed more people died from knives than rifles. That may be true
but excluding all guns to make a headline about knives is sensationalistic journalism.

"When combined, murders with guns comprised around 73.6 percent of the 13,927 total homicide victims recorded by the FBI in 2019."

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...y-weapon-used/

So in regards to homicides, no. Knives do not kill more people.

Plus add in suicide by firearms, and accidental shootings. I haven't heard of accidental stabbings, but I suppose one COULD accidentally fall on a knife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies