Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2021, 02:12 PM

989 posts, read 769,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
From your link^^^

Which is no different than buying a gun out of the back of your car, where criminals buy their stuff...
Exactly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2021, 02:18 PM

23,563 posts, read 17,237,701 times
For the last several months it has been near impossible to find a store with any guns in stock.

As for ammunition, every site and store has, 'BACKORDERED" beneath each offering. Ammo shelves are empty!

Gun shows are selling a thousand rifle or pistol primers for 300$$. primers typically cost about 25-30$ for a thousand.

A brick of 22 rimfire was going for 20-40 dollars and now scalpers are trying to get 99 dollars and up.

No ammo, no guns have been available for months.

Amazing this shooter was able to obtain a firearm from a legal dealer.

The bigger question is where did he get the ammunition????????????

Old 03-24-2021, 02:21 PM

50,320 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shokwaverider View Post
What rubbish this post is by the OP. We Left Leaning Independents are Gun owners too. Show me in writing where the Dems are going to take or ban guns. All we want as do 80 of Americans is sensible Gun laws and safeguards. Why Republicans will not stand by background check is ludicrous. Remember NOTHING will ever get done because the Republican congress is too busy thinking and praying, what a waste of taxpayers time. AND no one needs an assault rife, they should be banned.

Do not kid yourselves, the Republican Congress do not give a hoot about you children (E.G. Sandy Hook) or any other victim for that matter. Kids do not vote, Gun Fanatics do!!!!! Just another example of the corrupt lily livered republican congress. what a bunch of useless folk.
Ya, you are all in for now till your firearm type is used in a shooting then you'll be next on the hit list. You are either with us or against us as a gun owner. I hear this same tripe from people that shoot only bows. You don't need any gun if you have a bow.

Old 03-24-2021, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Exactly!
You cannot, will not be able to control what goes on in someone's house or garage. Ever. I am not paying 100 plus dollars to the govt and disclose information about an old firearm with no paperwork I'm going to sell to a buddy I know is not a criminal. Hard pass.

Old 03-24-2021, 02:24 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Stop with the math you'll just confuse them.
How about this math: the US surpasses ALL OTHER countries with the number of guns per capita.

Over 120 guns per 100 persons in the US. More than twice as many as the next highest country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estima...ita_by_country

The US is know for gun violence around the world!

Old 03-24-2021, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Gun shows are like a flea market for guns. You have licensed gun dealers who are required in all those states to perform background checks. But people who are selling their weapons second hand in those states are not required to qualify the buyer or recipient in order to transfer the weapon. Seems like there's something that could be done there, but as I understand it HR 8 has a lot of extra stuff in it and people are objecting to requiring a gun store act as a go-between even if you're selling a revolver to your brother in law
Because gun stores don't want to be bothered. So the Govt allows them to charge DROs fee, NIC check fees and storage fees for a stupid wait period. I sold a handgun to a guy and the fees were more than I was asking for the small revolver.

Old 03-24-2021, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
How about this math: the US surpasses ALL OTHER countries with the number of guns per capita.

Over 120 guns per 100 persons in the US. More than twice as many as the next highest country.

Yet still safer than any third world country. I feel completely safe anywhere when I have my .40 sw tucked away in the holster.

Old 03-24-2021, 02:29 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

Did you read your link? Small arms.....is a .223/5.56 considered "small arms" according to this discussion?

Old 03-24-2021, 02:37 PM

989 posts, read 769,995 times
Instead of taking jabs at each other we should agree that despite some archaic amendment, not everyone has the right to a gun. Any fool (and they do) can call them selves part of a militia. (Note the Spelling, It means Military like group).

Some people are just plain stupid and should not own a gun, others are mentally inept or challenged, others are known criminals etc., even those who are part of a militia of one.

We should agree, that like driving one should have a valid license of some sort stating one is competent enough to posses one or more. and NO the NRA firearms test is not adequate, in fact it is grossly inadequate, they do not even teach disabling, dismantling and assembling one's chosen firearm. and YES every gun should be registered to the current owner and that registration updated when the gun changes hands.

Hence, purchasing from ONLY proper reputable dealers should be sanctioned and full background checks should be carried out. I do not care about the personal rights critics, if you want a gun, get over it. Furthermore I think that licenses should be renewable and tests performed to validate competency. Yes just like driving.

Good law biding gun owners should not and most do not have any issues with this. It is only the incompetents that feel they are being repressed.

Old 03-24-2021, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Instead of taking jabs at each other we should agree that despite some archaic amendment, not everyone has the right to a gun. Any fool (and they do) can call them selves part of a militia. (Note the Spelling, It means Military like group).

Some people are just plain stupid and should not own a gun, others are mentally inept or challenged, others are known criminals etc., even those who are part of a militia of one.

We should agree, that like driving one should have a valid license of some sort stating one is competent enough to posses one or more. and NO the NRA firearms test is not adequate, in fact it is grossly inadequate, they do not even teach disabling, dismantling and assembling one's chosen firearm. and YES every gun should be registered to the current owner and that registration updated when the gun changes hands.

Hence, purchasing from ONLY proper reputable dealers should be sanctioned and full background checks should be carried out. I do not care about the personal rights critics, if you want a gun, get over it. Furthermore I think that licenses should be renewable and tests performed to validate competency. Yes just like driving.

Good law biding gun owners should not and most do not have any issues with this. It is only the incompetents that feel they are being repressed.
Ya, add more layers to those already obeying the law. That would realistically price out low income because none of that is free. We already have this garbage in CA and it's a joke. 25 bucks for a handgun test, 25 more for your firearm card, etc etc etc. Criminals don't care about all these silly laws and fees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies