Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 03:44 PM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Are these the same people who brought in armed soldiers and barbed wire for protection and still have them guarding the Capital?

So these weapons are OK for their protection but not ours?

OK, got it.
Don’t worry, the capitol can have National guard troops and huge fences, but not the southern border or small businesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 03:46 PM

4,868 posts, read 2,676,734 times
assualt weapons ban and tighter background checks..I got no problem with either on of them..just do it..

Old 03-23-2021, 03:48 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
If something has been done (I didn't read the OP), or will be done, I will be nothing but happy. In the meantime, I'm not holding my breath.
There are already thousands of laws, including laws against murder. What function is layering useless laws on already useless laws...

Old 03-23-2021, 03:49 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,358,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Or maybe people from Syria should stay in Syria?
What are you kidding? We need to have more mayhem, this way we can pass even more asinine gun laws that only affect those who lawfully own them.

Old 03-23-2021, 03:50 PM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
assualt weapons ban and tighter background checks..I got no problem with either on of them..just do it..
Ofcourse you don’t have a problem with it, it won’t stop inner city crime, just how you like it. Blacks destroying one another with illegally acquired weapons while you pat yourself on the back over window dressing gun laws.

Old 03-23-2021, 04:04 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Universal background checks are have been found to be massively popular in pretty much every poll ever made. They're only blocked because certain Republicans are scared of losing their checks from the NЯA.

Of course they're popular in the polls.

Because most of the people being polled are clueless. Many people probably believe in the "gun show loophole" myth.

Old 03-23-2021, 04:19 PM

327 posts, read 211,476 times
If any of these stupid gun laws goes into effect I sure hope there are consequences for those who pushed said laws. Such as.....high capacity magazine ban.....oh no a shooting just took place by someone with a large magazine. Looks like that ban sure worked.....not. Those who voted for it along with Biden and his whole administration shall be open to lawsuits (for the duration they remain alive) because their “gun control” failed the families.

Old 03-23-2021, 04:25 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
I see reading comprehension isn't practiced.

Reform is not the same as 'ban'.

This isn't the wild west.

Gun reform has for years and years been a contention. 2nd amendment is not in jeopardy.

When nation's have 'talks' on nuclear reform, we breathe a little easier. Yet by golly let a leader bring forth some reforms ...which guide society. And suddenly Mr Smith and Wesson don't want to come to the table.

That's because every law passed, every "reform" is a baby step towards the ultimate goal.

That darn 2nd amendment keeps the Dem wolves at bay.....but it doesn't keep them from trying to eat the elephant one bite at a time.

Every gun law ever passed is a violation of the 2nd amendment.

And you want more "compromise" from the Right?

Tell me, what are you willing to give up in return in this "compromise"??

Old 03-23-2021, 04:32 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,463,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
And the daily mass shootings in the inner city are by folks who acquired guns illegally.

So sorry, background checks don’t solve gun violence.
Solve? No! Minimize? Yes!

Do traffic laws “solve” accidents? Not really. Minimize them? Absolutely. We don’t ditch traffic laws because they don’t solve 100% of all accidents, but they are there for the benefit of society. Although sometimes they can be annoying. When I hurry to work and the red light stops me for a long time - it’s very annoying. Still I don’t want to get rid of it. It’s the same with firearms.

Old 03-23-2021, 04:37 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Of course they're popular in the polls.

Because most of the people being polled are clueless. Many people probably believe in the "gun show loophole" myth.
And when did rights become subject to popular opinion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies