Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2021, 12:09 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
are heart problems a side effect of long term drug abuse?
According to medical science? Yes.

According to some here though, long term Fentanyl abuse protects your heart.

I guess it just depends on who you find credible.

Old 04-20-2021, 12:16 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloCleaveland View Post
Maybe Floyd was freakin' out cuz he knew his Mercedes Benz would be towed.
and he dindu nuttin.

13,753 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloCleaveland View Post
Biden's advanced comments also known as ''covering his azz''.

The President of the United States is saying in advance that if it's not a certain verdict, it's an improper verdict.

It's all over folks.
I'd say it's more about covering Maxine Waters ass. A guilty verdict will immediately be appealed and her comments are likely to play a major role should a mistrial be declared.

Nobody in the Dem leadership is going to publicly disavow what Waters said (or will say for that matter...)

Best they can do is deflect some of the heat off her.

728 posts, read 303,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
One of the analysts of the case, a former judge, said they never had a hung jury, which is somewhat disturbing. I've heard reports of yelling, crying, pounding on tables in other trials.

I think there should be a process they follow where jurors can talk to each other and share what they found relevant in the data, but that it should be highly regulated. I think they should anonymously vote maybe a few times, but the thing of stay in there until you all agree just doesn't sound right. I also think there should be a cap on the number of days they deliberate instead of it just being up to the judge.

You don't think that a member or two or even three of the jury could be badgered by the rest into coming along with the majority decision?

Old 04-20-2021, 12:17 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,360 times
I wonder how many rioters will be at auntie Maxines house when all of these charges are dismissed

Old 04-20-2021, 12:23 PM

11,796 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
According to medical science? Yes.

According to some here though, long term Fentanyl abuse protects your heart.

I guess it just depends on who you find credible.
I have first hand knowledge of this - my son's friend was on Oxy for a back injury sustained at work. Despite multiple surgeries - it didn't stop the pain. After not hearing from him for 3 days - my son and his uncle went to check on him only to find him dead on the floor. He'd been using the bathroom and the autopsy concluded he died of a heart attack. Just the strain of trying to go to the bathroom put enough strain on the heart to cause this.

Old 04-20-2021, 12:29 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
You people should know this. I don't remember the date or the link to the article.

Floyd and Chauvin knew each other. I think Floyd was an employee, security guard, bouncer, etc. at some club or business and Chauvin had visited that place more than once.

Knowing Floyd why wasn't the cop less forceful with someone he knew? That could also work the other way. His previous experiences caused him to be "more forceful" which could throw premediated into it. Though from the very little we watched of the trial that topic of premeditated was not brought up.

Surely the jury knows the cop is guilty of something which surely falls under one of the three categories of charges.
Hopefully they convict on all three counts so if M. Waters did taint it an appeal would have three targets and not just one. If guilty on one charge that could be reversed.
George Floyd and Derek Chauvin Were Once Co-Workers, Ex-Club Owner Tells TV Station
https://www.npr.org/2020/05/29/86580...mer-club-owner

Old 04-20-2021, 12:31 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,679,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
and he dindu nuttin.
He also said he didn't do any drugs and that he couldn't breathe. And according to some here, you have to believe everything everyone says. He knows himself best, so if he didn't do anything or take drugs, then I believe him, as should everyone.

Old 04-20-2021, 12:35 PM

2,106 posts, read 979,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
George Floyd and Derek Chauvin Were Once Co-Workers, Ex-Club Owner Tells TV Station
https://www.npr.org/2020/05/29/86580...mer-club-owner
Yes I remember reading that when it all started , but I don’t think they really knew each other even working at the same place ...maybe different shifts?

Old 04-20-2021, 12:41 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
He also said he didn't do any drugs and that he couldn't breathe. And according to some here, you have to believe everything everyone says. He knows himself best, so if he didn't do anything or take drugs, then I believe him, as should everyone.
Lol...right, because criminals always tell the truth...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies