Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2021, 09:36 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
Why don't we make it simple and compare the heart to a water pump?

A heart arrest is similar to the water pump stopping for any reason.

When the water pump stops due to clogging up of the inflow/outflow pipe , it is called a pump attack (i.e. heart attack).
That analogy is ridiculous! Just saying.

The water pump (heart) would get water from the (vena cava).

If you want to talk about what powers the water pump then you can compare the source of power (electric lines) to the coronary arteries.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:40 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower72 View Post
At least you're making some attempt to read the sources now. What is table 6 in the review if not a meta-analysis?

Why don't you also have a go at reading the studies you've linked?
Thanks but no thanks. Your "study" is not relevant to the case. I am not taking the time to scroll back to find it. Why don't you move on to something more relevant?

Old 04-20-2021, 09:45 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yes and yes!

I don't believe you because if you had you would realize that people who are pulseless don't thrash around, which is what Floyd was doing. Ems was on the way so the police didn't need to be working on a guy who was a known felon with a history of armed robbery and violent resistance, additionally there was a crowd and became a mob that were becoming increasingly aggressive. Their job was to stay alive.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:48 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
None of them did. The guy overdosed himself and got into a fight with police that exacerbated his heart condition. This dude chose his path.
Which made Chauvin hold Floyd down compressing his lungs after he was no longer responsive and had no pulse?

Old 04-20-2021, 09:52 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
So you've never checked a pulse on someone having a medical emergency? Watching a video from the 1980's doesn't make you an expert. And there are literal er doctors who can't find pulses on people just using the finger method. You know what would be easier is to try and teach dindus to stop doing meth and then fighting with cops
Yes I have checked the pulse of someone having a medical emergency. Then when no pulse was found I started CPR until the ambulance arrived. If I as a late teen aged lifeguard could manage this I would assume that a veteran police officer would be able to manage it also.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Well documented in medical literature that opioids reduce blood pressure and heart rate thus reducing work-load and oxygen demand of the heart.

I realize this is difficult for lay people to understand.

I pray to something greater than me that you aren't a medical provider because you are so mis informed on how things work. Roughly a year before Floyd died he was arrested/detained and when Ems checked him his blood pressure was 216/160 because he was dangerously unhealthy, was on meth, and fighting police. If opiates helped blood pressure that much he would have been good. The prosecution argued that he had a high tolerance so that would lead any sane person to believe he was using opiates for more than a year.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yes I have checked the pulse of someone having a medical emergency. Then when no pulse was found I started CPR until the ambulance arrived. If I as a late teen aged lifeguard could manage this I would assume that a veteran police officer would be able to manage it also.
And was that pulseless person thrashing around?

Old 04-20-2021, 09:55 AM

728 posts, read 303,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Perhaps I don't have a proper understanding of what you're saying here?

The jury is the trier of facts; it's their duty to decide the facts of this case.

The Jury is required to apply the rules of law to arrive at their verdict.

How are you being given "a way out of doing the right thing?" (assuming you are a juror here, which is alright with me)

You are talking about an ideal juror which is neither you nor me nor any of those sitting in for the Chauvin trial.

An ideal juror is a perfect individual much like a programmed decision making computer processing the situation reconstructed using all the evidence. Perhaps, this is what we should be doing instead of using 12 imperfect people. Run the prosecution case through the computer programmed in accordance with presumed innocence criteria and see if it can crack the defense. It will be like cracking a safe. If the safe can be opened, Chauvin goes to jail.

What do you say?

Old 04-20-2021, 09:56 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The focus is the police acting a judge, jury, and executioner. That is not their job.
Agree. & personally, I don't think there's one person here who is claiming that all police officers are doing so. This trial & others, the protests, & the fact that so many civilians have cell phones have shredded much needed light on these situations & incidents.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:58 AM

1,889 posts, read 1,325,411 times
Quote:
Thanks but no thanks. Your "study" is not relevant to the case. I am not taking the time to scroll back to find it. Why don't you move on to something more relevant?
If there's a lethal dose of fentanyl at post-mortem then it's definitely relevant. But feel free to do whatever you want.

Remember, respiratory depression is not the only concern with fentanyl toxicity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies