Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2021, 09:27 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The focus is the police acting a judge, jury, and executioner. That is not their job.

None of them did. The guy overdosed himself and got into a fight with police that exacerbated his heart condition. This dude chose his path.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:28 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloCleaveland View Post
Isn't this a great example though of someone having his/her/its ''own truth''? This twisted childish mentality that one has their ''own truth'', facts be damned.

"The drugs were protecting them'' line is a great example...that's ''my truth''...it's so bizarre but sadly true and quite scary.
Well documented in medical literature that opioids reduce blood pressure and heart rate thus reducing work-load and oxygen demand of the heart.

I realize this is difficult for lay people to understand.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:28 AM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Yes. I was taught to check for a pulse when I had basic CPR training years ago.
If you believe that police have bare minimal training, maybe more of their funds should go to training and not to military style vehicles and weapons.
Maybe people should be educated in basic civic responsibility and rules such as generally obeying lawful authority.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:30 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,928,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
Why don't we make it simple and compare the heart to a water pump?

A heart arrest is similar to the water pump stopping for any reason.

When the water pump stops due to clogging up of the inflow/outflow pipe , it is called a pump attack (i.e. heart attack).
What would a reasonable person do when faced with a 'clogged water pipe'? Make it worse? Or, make it better?

Old 04-20-2021, 09:31 AM

728 posts, read 303,356 times
Quote:
If you believe that police have bare minimal training, maybe more of their funds should go to training and not to military style vehicles and weapons.

A jack of all trades is a master of none. It's better to have a medic ride along with a police officer if we are concerned about protecting lives of lawbreakers.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
have you ever checked someones pulse? A first responder medical certificate is like half a step above first aid. You won't and don't have to believe me but paramedics, nurses, and doctors can't always feel a pulse and they are all trained in finding pulses. I've never in my life heard the term anoxic seizure until this trial. It's not reasonable to assume a cop with bare minimum training would know it and then instantly recognize it while also fighting with a known felon who is still fighting them. There is well beyond a reasonable doubt in this case why Floyd died. It had very little, if anything, to do with Chauvin.
Chauvin had to have felt the sudden loss of muscle tone throughout Floyd's body. That and being told Floyd had no pulse should have made it obvious that Floyd needed CPR.

The dramatic loss of muscle tone at death is quite notable. Chauvin, having 26 years on the force, most certainly had experience with dead bodies that have no muscle tone.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:32 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,360 times
Quote:
So you've never checked a pulse on someone having a medical emergency? Watching a video from the 1980's doesn't make you an expert. And there are literal er doctors who can't find pulses on people just using the finger method. You know what would be easier is to try and teach dindus to stop doing meth and then fighting with cops

Old 04-20-2021, 09:34 AM

1,889 posts, read 1,325,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Don't know why, at this stage, you are bringing Fentanyl back into the mix. The Defense's closing arguments pretty much put that possibility to bed when they argued that Floyd was coherent until his last breath. The defense seems to eliminate one possibility when they try to introduce another.

Doubt you have any clinical experience with patients who have been given high doses of Fentanyl to be used as induction of anesthesia (controlled OD ). They do not behave as Floyd did. Floyd had Fentanyl in his system but he also had a very high tolerance. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2628209/

Regarding the redistribution of Fentanyl: your study is from 2012. It "reviews" two the limited number of results from ME's site in CA. As you stated, it is a review, not a research study, much less a meta-analysis.
At least you're making some attempt to read the sources now. What is table 6 in the review if not a meta-analysis?

Why don't you also have a go at reading the studies you've linked?

Old 04-20-2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
again, have you ever checked for a pulse one someone who isn't healthy? It's not like the crappy cpr videos. Have you ever given cpr? It's not what you see on tv and it rarely works.
Yes and yes!

Old 04-20-2021, 09:36 AM

728 posts, read 303,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
What would a reasonable person do when faced with a 'clogged water pipe'? Make it worse? Or, make it better?

Whose clogged water pipe? A reasonable person wouldn't have a clogged water pipe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies