Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2021, 09:15 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,244,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
Chauvin and his fellow officers were in a take-down and arrest situation. They were not responding to an emergency like an auto accident and saving lives.

EMS was called and minutes away. Even the paramedics who arrived did not render immediate attention on account of the insecure situation posed by the crowd. Floyd was put into the ambulance and taken away.
The take down ended when the person being taken down was down. Floyd was down, handcuffed, on his stomach, with 3 officers on him. At one point he became unresponsive, at that point there was no longer resisting in any way possible. To continue to use force was against policy. At na further point there was no pulse. To continue to use force was against policy. What is policy is to render medical aid when one is unresponsive or has no pulse.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:16 AM

14,516 posts, read 20,734,211 times
You people should know this. I don't remember the date or the link to the article.

Floyd and Chauvin knew each other. I think Floyd was an employee, security guard, bouncer, etc. at some club or business and Chauvin had visited that place more than once.

Knowing Floyd why wasn't the cop less forceful with someone he knew? That could also work the other way. His previous experiences caused him to be "more forceful" which could throw premediated into it. Though from the very little we watched of the trial that topic of premeditated was not brought up.

Surely the jury knows the cop is guilty of something which surely falls under one of the three categories of charges.
Hopefully they convict on all three counts so if M. Waters did taint it an appeal would have three targets and not just one. If guilty on one charge that could be reversed.

38,496 posts, read 25,870,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Gee that’s surprising. Not.
Your finding them all credible to me shows why you never know with a jury. They all go in with preconceived notions (on both sides) and it is hard to overturn that even when someone feels they are being objective.

You even found the expert witness with the 10 signs of excited delirium credible? I found that to be very superficial.

From what I saw I can’t see how there couldn’t be a reasonable doubt. Maybe that is my preconceptions taking over. Except I feel he probably does deserve some jail time but my vote can’t be based upon what I feel would be right.

I didn’t see it all though.
I couldn't watch all the testimony and did miss the testimony regarding 10 signs of excited delirium.

However, it all comes down to Chauvin being told Floyd had no pulse and Chauvin refused to help Floyd. That is willful disregard for Floyd's life.

35,262 posts, read 17,166,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The take down ended when the person being taken down was down. Floyd was down, handcuffed, on his stomach, with 3 officers on him. At one point he became unresponsive, at that point there was no longer resisting in any way possible. To continue to use force was against policy. At na further point there was no pulse. To continue to use force was against policy. What is policy is to render medical aid when one is unresponsive or has no pulse.
Again, why such an anal focus on a confrontation involving someone who contributes nothing to society. Derek Chauvin is not the politically powerful face of racism in this country.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
have you ever checked someones pulse? A first responder medical certificate is like half a step above first aid. You won't and don't have to believe me but paramedics, nurses, and doctors can't always feel a pulse and they are all trained in finding pulses. I've never in my life heard the term anoxic seizure until this trial. It's not reasonable to assume a cop with bare minimum training would know it and then instantly recognize it while also fighting with a known felon who is still fighting them. There is well beyond a reasonable doubt in this case why Floyd died. It had very little, if anything, to do with Chauvin.
Yes. I was taught to check for a pulse when I had basic CPR training years ago.
If you believe that police have bare minimal training, maybe more of their funds should go to training and not to military style vehicles and weapons.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:19 AM

8,964 posts, read 2,571,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloCleaveland View Post
Isn't this a great example though of someone having his/her/its ''own truth''? This twisted childish mentality that one has their ''own truth'', facts be damned.

"The drugs were protecting them'' line is a great example...that's ''my truth''...it's so bizarre but sadly true and quite scary.
I think in this case it's just gross dishonesty. They took a thing that could have some truth in some circumstances and attempt to use it in a different situation where it doesn't apply.

Basically that poster thinks everyone is dumb enough to believe their obvious BS.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:21 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,031,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Checking for a pulse is the cornerstone of Basic Life Support BLS/CPR training.
again, have you ever checked for a pulse one someone who isn't healthy? It's not like the crappy cpr videos. Have you ever given cpr? It's not what you see on tv and it rarely works.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:23 AM

728 posts, read 304,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Heart arrest / pulmonary arrest.

Both are what every human will surcumb to. When ceasing life.

How is a heart attack different then an arrest?

If you don't know that- learn it.
They are not interchangeable.

Why don't we make it simple and compare the heart to a water pump?

A heart arrest is similar to the water pump stopping for any reason.

When the water pump stops due to clogging up of the inflow/outflow pipe , it is called a pump attack (i.e. heart attack).

Old 04-20-2021, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Again, why such an anal focus on a confrontation involving someone who contributes nothing to society. Derek Chauvin is not the politically powerful face of racism in this country.
The focus is the police acting a judge, jury, and executioner. That is not their job.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:25 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,944,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
You and I know what cowardice is. Changing one's mind to do the right thing is not doable when facts and supporting evidence are presented to give us the way out of doing the right thing.
Perhaps I don't have a proper understanding of what you're saying here?

The jury is the trier of facts; it's their duty to decide the facts of this case.

The Jury is required to apply the rules of law to arrive at their verdict.

How are you being given "a way out of doing the right thing?" (assuming you are a juror here, which is alright with me)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies