Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2021, 09:56 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
This is a failure of nearly all of allopathic medicine right now though, hardly just Fauci.
Not in my experience. Our family doctor told my late husband his being overweight would kill him early, the smoking would kill him later.

Died at 43. He wasn't obese, but the doctor DID tell him.

And anyway, do you really need a doctor to tell you that you are overweight and that it is not healthy?

How about a little personal responsibility?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2021, 10:02 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,936,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Obesity kills 2.8 million more. What is Fauci doing about that?
If you're trying to make an analogy to mask wearing, it's a fail. If you get obese and have a heart attack, it doesn't hurt me. If you smoke and get lung cancer, it doesn't hurt me (as long as you don't smoke around me). If you have Covid-19 and cough on me, it could kill me.*

*not anymore, since I've been vaccinated, but not everyone has.

Old 04-04-2021, 10:07 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,936,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I didnt believe this either, until I started looking at monthly drug (heroin) arrests in my area, the very large majority of heroin/opioid related arrests in my area, are WHITE PEOPLE!

This is highly suspicious, because if you look at the history of heroin related arrests, the drug has ALWAYS been 'associated' with a specific race of people, in the beginning it was the Chinese, then, it was black people...and today, Im starting to believe 'white people' are the target of these laws...

If you do not believe me, look at the arrest data in your own area and see if Im right!
I don't get your point. Heroin has always been illegal. At one time the majority of users may have been Chinese or Black, but today the majority of users are white, many of them well-off. This is a sad result of over-prescription of opioid painkillers, nothing more.

Old 04-04-2021, 10:14 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I don't get your point. Heroin has always been illegal. At one time the majority of users may have been Chinese or Black, but today the majority of users are white, many of them well-off. This is a sad result of over-prescription of opioid painkillers, nothing more.
If you look at why the Chinese, and the black people were 'associated with' and targeted for heroin, it was for very specific reasons though, (the dangers of the drug have never been a factor) and are not today.

The dangers of the drug are only used as a deception, (just like it was used in the past, with the Chinese and black people), the govt has even admitted they lied about the dangers and its real goal was to target a specific race! Its not like the govt can just come out and admit they are targeting specific races, its common sense they would use 'health/safety' as the excuse.

Old 04-04-2021, 10:17 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Not in my experience. Our family doctor told my late husband his being overweight would kill him early, the smoking would kill him later.

Died at 43. He wasn't obese, but the doctor DID tell him.

And anyway, do you really need a doctor to tell you that you are overweight and that it is not healthy?

How about a little personal responsibility?
That’s good, yeah I’m sure some doctors are different but there is still a lot of PC pressure not to be honest about it.

Old 04-04-2021, 10:34 AM

15,848 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Prohibition demonstrated what happens when you try to ban a widely popular substance. The politicians have done their best to discourage the practice by limiting where you can smoke, and I think that has had a significant effect.

Old 04-04-2021, 10:41 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
That’s good, yeah I’m sure some doctors are different but there is still a lot of PC pressure not to be honest about it.
There is no sense in doctors telling patients they are fat, the patients already know it. Doctors talk to the patients about the medical conditions they may have.

Studies have shown that when doctors nag about weight, the patients just don't come in. Which makes more problems in the long run.

It's not based upon being "PC" it is based upon study results.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-04-2021, 10:43 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Prohibition demonstrated what happens when you try to ban a widely popular substance. The politicians have done their best to discourage the practice by limiting where you can smoke, and I think that has had a significant effect.
I work for one of the top 3 largest gas station/convenience store chains in the country...cigarettes are our #2 best selling product, (fuel is #1 of course). This is company wide as well, and we are nationwide.

Old 04-04-2021, 10:46 AM

6,229 posts, read 3,413,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Obesity kills 2.8 million more. What is Fauci doing about that?

Here is another statistic that seems over looked by China Joe, MSM and democrats in general.

Quote:
The metrics show that there were a total of 1,515 deaths by knives or other cutting instruments last year. Compare that against 297 people killed by rifles. It’s a gap that widened significantly over 2017. In that year, the FBI said nearly four times as many people were stabbed to death as killed with rifles. During that year, the number of murders with rifles was around 400.
It gets better. More than 100 more people were killed with hammers and clubs in 2018 than were killed by rifles. There were 443 people killed with hammers, clubs, or other “blunt objects”.
We need to point out that the data isn’t just semiautomatic rifles – it’s ALL rifles, including bolt action, pump or lever action rifles as well.
If you were to contrast the numbers between JUST semiautomatic rifles and knife homicides, the gap would be even larger.
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...ifles-in-2018/

Old 04-04-2021, 10:47 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
There is no sense in doctors telling patients they are fat, the patients already know it. Doctors talk to the patients about the medical conditions they may have.

Studies have shown that when doctors nag about weight, the patients just don't come in. Which makes more problems in the long run.

It's not based upon being "PC" it is based upon study results.
The problem is figuring out how to communicate to the patients that simply being obese IS in itself an unhealthy medical condition.

And if the patients don’t come back when this is mentioned, then ultimately it is still about PC, specifically the patients not wanting to see an un-PC doctor rather than one that was giving them completely unbiased medical information like your husband received.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies