Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 01:31 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times

Advertisements

I just talked with my Canuck neighbor who is here for the winter. He is afraid to go back cuz the covid is so widespread, but won't get a shot which is readily available to him around here out of fear. Between a rock and a hard head, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2021, 01:31 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,602,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Well if three nights in a hotel empties your bank account, you're too poor to travel.
That poster is likely referring to a story that some person who had to go to VT for a relatives funeral came back and was forced into one of the hotels. They charged like $3500.00 for one night. I do not know if the story is true.

Old 04-09-2021, 01:34 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,567,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Sigh
My wording was unclear. We mostly agree. 86% of Canadians would say no to US style health insurance.

That being said I like the Dutch, German or Swiss model more.
I now see the positive aspect of your post, although I still disagree with the " Canadians coming to the US..." bit.

Old 04-09-2021, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Not a fan of cold. What's a traveller? If that some French stuff? Been there enough to know no thanks, all yours. Do love your beer though. Oh, and your women. Love those. Most strikingly attractive women I've ever met were Canucks.

May do another hunt up there so I will bring some dollars over.
You do know that we have spring and summer?

Trust me, come to BC in summer, you will fall in love with it.

Old 04-09-2021, 01:35 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,263,996 times
West coast is very temperate and warmer than much of the US in winter.

Thread/CDC advice is rather ridiculous as Americans are not even allowed to enter Canada right now barring some exceptions.

Old 04-09-2021, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I just talked with my Canuck neighbor who is here for the winter. He is afraid to go back cuz the covid is so widespread, but won't get a shot which is readily available to him around here out of fear. Between a rock and a hard head, I guess.
I think they are reading or seeing hyped up media reports.

Numbers are up in Canada, sure, but it isn't even close to what you guys have in the US.

If they are afraid of the vaccine, that says quite a bit to me, about their ability to judge the situations rationally.

Old 04-09-2021, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
That poster is likely referring to a story that some person who had to go to VT for a relatives funeral came back and was forced into one of the hotels. They charged like $3500.00 for one night. I do not know if the story is true.
Yes, that is the woman who went to Portugal that I referred to.

The " story " is true in the fact that she was surprised. However it is also true that her story has a
lot of holes in it. For example, she could have easily booked online while in Portugal, or looked up the latest information, but she didn't.

Old 04-09-2021, 01:39 PM

4,299 posts, read 1,559,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Didn't Canada also express the same opinion of the US last year?

So much for private healthcare.

Old 04-09-2021, 01:40 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I think they are reading or seeing hyped up media reports.

Numbers are up in Canada, sure, but it isn't even close to what you guys have in the US.

If they are afraid of the vaccine, that says quite a bit to me, about their ability to judge the situations rationally.
Covid, because of a very aggressive vax program and the fact that we were just about the worst state in the US for it so there may be 40% who already had it, is very low in Arizona right now. But yeah, you pretty much nailed them. Kinda surprised me. I did not think Canadians were as dumb as Americans on average.

Old 04-09-2021, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Didn't Canada also express the same opinion of the US last year?

So much for private healthcare.
LOL

I wish I had the energy to find my post in from early on in 2020.

I stated then, that the type of healthcare system, UHC or US style, has usually NO bearing on how a country reacts during a pandemic.

A pandemic is a different beast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies