Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 11:36 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

Department of Justice Closes Investigation into the Death of Ashli Babbitt

Quote:
The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia and the Civil Rights Division of the U.S. Department of Justice will not pursue criminal charges against the U.S. Capitol Police officer involved in the fatal shooting of 35-year-old Ashli Babbitt, the Office announced today.
https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/d...-ashli-babbitt

double standards abound.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:41 AM

9,880 posts, read 4,646,105 times
The narrative of the capital being invaded like there were tanks rolling down the street is more important than the truth.

I don't even know if they could file a civil suit or it may be quashed so information won't be revealed.

The video I saw looks like she was shot by someone off to the side not as she was approaching him. I don't even think she made through the broken window.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:42 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

double standards abound.
You care so much you misspelled her name, even though it was repeatedly in your link.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:43 AM

3,225 posts, read 1,605,586 times
Quote:
... Specifically, the investigation revealed no evidence to establish that, at the time the officer fired a single shot at Ms. Babbitt, the officer did not reasonably believe that it was necessary to do so in self-defense or in defense of the Members of Congress and others evacuating the House Chamber. Acknowledging the tragic loss of life and offering condolences to Ms. Babbitt’s family, the U.S. Attorney’s Office and U.S. Department of Justice have therefore closed the investigation into this matter.
From the link, the statement is phrased in an odd way to me.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:47 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

double standards abound.

I'm puzzled that the 2A crowd who repeatedly said for decades we need to protect the right for innocent people to shoot intruders who break into their space... is shocked that someone who broke into the building was shot and the officer has every right to do so.

I mean, this right is exactly what they said they needed to protect. Well, here it is.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:57 AM

5,345 posts, read 3,214,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I'm puzzled that the 2A crowd who repeatedly said for decades we need to protect the right for innocent people to shoot intruders who break into their space... is shocked that someone who broke into the building was shot and the officer has every right to do so.

I mean, this right is exactly what they said they needed to protect. Well, here it is.

Fair point. We have the right to protect ourselves with a gun, and that right was exercised. I suppose if there's question on whether Babbitt was attempting to break in via the broken glass then there's a case to be had but the video evidence seems to say otherwise.

If anything it should be on the MSM as a lesson that forcefully entering the seat government, when the VP is on site, is a bad idea.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:59 AM

5,345 posts, read 3,214,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClampOns View Post
I love it when the “yOu sHOulD juSt foLlOw oRdErs!” Crowd flip and are suddenly concerned about accountability...
There's also average people, like myself, who don't change their stance depending on the "victim".

If you are not following orders, it doesn't end well. I don't care if you're trying to evade arrest or breaking into the Capitol. You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

Old 04-14-2021, 12:01 PM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
The Ashley Babbitt and the Duane Wright shooting have 1 things in common, both people were shot by cops that failed in their training.

The odd thing, well not really, is that with Babbitt her death is being swept under the rug while Duane's is being talked about and commented on by Biden and others while the mob riots.

Is it a case of White V Black? It is really convenient how one death plays right into the agenda and advances the racist narrative?

Old 04-14-2021, 12:02 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Fair point. We have the right to protect ourselves with a gun, and that right was exercised. I suppose if there's question on whether Babbitt was attempting to break in via the broken glass then there's a case to be had but the video evidence seems to say otherwise.

If anything it should be on the MSM as a lesson that forcefully entering the seat government, when the VP is on site, is a bad idea.

She was not attempting to break in, she had already broken in. She was trying to access a different section of the building that she had broken into.

She was like an intruder that had broken into your house and was trying to gain access to your bedroom.

Old 04-14-2021, 12:03 PM

17,422 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
From the link, the statement is phrased in an odd way to me.
Agreed. I had to read it five times - like, spit it out DOJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies