Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 05:16 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,860,239 times

Advertisements

Excerpt: The investigation determined that, on January 6, 2021, Ms. Babbitt joined a crowd of people that gathered on the U.S. Capitol grounds to protest the results of the 2020 presidential election.

Response: Opinion

Straight from the district attorney's Office...................a crowd of people.................not an insurrection.................a crowd of people!

I saw the video but could not make out the audio...............I support police but I believe this requires an investigation...........

Old 04-14-2021, 05:18 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClampOns View Post
I love it when the “yOu sHOulD juSt foLlOw oRdErs!” Crowd flip and are suddenly concerned about accountability...
They won't even tell us the cop's name. If it was some antifa scum who was shot, the media would give the officer's name, his address, and the names of his family.

If you don't see there's an agenda at work here, then you are deluded.

Old 04-14-2021, 05:27 PM

795 posts, read 408,274 times
She was white. There is no way for the MSM to whip people up into a frenzy over a police officer shooting and killing a white person. It doesn’t fit the narrative they are trying to push by painting all cops as racist jerks who only kill poor innocent minorities. Of course the story was quashed and the investigation dropped.

Old 04-14-2021, 05:28 PM

8,051 posts, read 10,642,372 times
Is she even really dead?

Can anyone post her obituary, or memorial service write-up?

I haven't been able to find one.

Old 04-14-2021, 05:49 PM

17,428 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
How was he “charging at the entire community”? I wanna hear you explain that one...
I literally just explained it.

Sigh.

I used the same word you used: "charging".

He's fleeing and putting the entire community at risk. He's behind the wheel, had a potential hostage, could have had a gun.

My point is, and has always been, you are inconsistent.

You think the cop was wrong in the Daunte Wright situation. You think the cop is correct in the Ashli Babbitt situation.

In both situations, Daunte/Ashli were both committing a crime and putting others at risk. If it's wrong to shoot Daunte, it's wrong to shoot Ashli.

Old 04-14-2021, 05:57 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,238,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Excerpt: The investigation determined that, on January 6, 2021, Ms. Babbitt joined a crowd of people that gathered on the U.S. Capitol grounds to protest the results of the 2020 presidential election.

Response: Opinion

Straight from the district attorney's Office...................a crowd of people.................not an insurrection.................a crowd of people!

I saw the video but could not make out the audio...............I support police but I believe this requires an investigation...........

Whether it's an insurrection is irrelevant.

She was breaking and entering, got shot.

This is exactly what the 2A gun nuts fought for - to legally shoot an intruder that places you in danger.

Old 04-14-2021, 06:02 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Department of Justice Closes Investigation into the Death of Ashli Babbitt

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/d...-ashli-babbitt

double standards abound.
Finally, they get it right. Don't spend one red cent on this. Did she deserve to die? no. But when you break into that building like that bad things can happen. I would point out that the "invasion" was over pretty quick. And nobody took to the streets around the country to burn down their own stores afterwards.

So yeah, double standard in how people think ...for sure.

Old 04-14-2021, 06:24 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Whether it's an insurrection is irrelevant.

She was breaking and entering, got shot.

This is exactly what the 2A gun nuts fought for - to legally shoot an intruder that places you in danger.

Yeah I mean she's literally forcing her way through a locked and barricaded door when she's shot. Like good grief what did she expect.

Old 04-14-2021, 07:43 PM

9,895 posts, read 4,656,637 times
Quote:
Dude seriously, they’re trying to use the logic that Duante could’ve been dangerous, but they don’t ask the question for Babbit who was literally on the offensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Yeah I mean she's literally forcing her way through a locked and barricaded door when she's shot. Like good grief what did she expect.
I thought she was climbing through a broken out window partially through when shot from the side.

Old 04-14-2021, 07:55 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
So an unarmed female protesters advancing through a doorway is an immediate deadly threat? So everything and everyone else is an immediate deadly threat and a justifiable shooting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies