Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2021, 08:20 AM

17,427 posts, read 14,663,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
What do you think she and all of those who were ready to follow her were doing there? Hint: They did not have the lawmakers' best interests at heart. They were there to stop them from doing their job, and they had already proven they would do whatever it took to get that outcome. Their propensity for violence had already been well established.

She was a violent insurrectionist who needed to be stopped before she opened the floodgates for the rest of the mob to follow through.

There were real people they were threatening on the other side of that barrier. Had they gotten through, who knows how many people on the other side of that barrier would have been hurt or worse by this angry, out of control mob.

Ashli thought she was a badass by breaking through where she knew she didn't belong. No tears for her.
So I'm assuming you agree with Daunte Wright being shot as well.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:26 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
How are the two incidents comparable?

Old 04-15-2021, 08:28 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
What does that have to do with an insurrectionist who was hellbent on stopping Congress from carrying out their Constitutional duties? How about you address that instead? She wasn't driving down the street minding her own business, harming no one, she was violently attempting to overturn an election. You can't deal with those facts, so you attempt to divert attention away from it. That's what people who don't have a leg to stand on always resort to.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:34 AM

24,001 posts, read 15,096,054 times
She did not need to be shot and killed. She was already somewhat trapped in the window. They could have easily apprehender her as she climbed down.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:35 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
She did not need to be shot and killed. She was already somewhat trapped in the window. They could have easily apprehender her as she climbed down.
They were dealing with a MOB. So, no, they couldn't have easily apprehended her.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
How are the two incidents comparable?
Both were in the process of of committing a felony. Both were putting people in harm's way. Both were a danger to the public.

Quote:
What does that have to do with an insurrectionist who was hellbent on stopping Congress from carrying out their Constitutional duties? How about you address that instead? She wasn't driving down the street minding her own business, harming no one, she was violently attempting to overturn an election. You can't deal with those facts, so you attempt to divert attention away from it. That's what people who don't have a leg to stand on always resort to.
Daunte wasn't driving down the street when he was shot. He was in the process of committing a felony by resisting arrest and fleeing.

If you think Ashli was at the very least, partially responsible for being shot, you should think the same thing of Daunte.

If you have a position, at least let there be some consistency.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Both were in the process of of committing a felony. Both were putting people in harm's way. Both were a danger to the public.

Daunte wasn't driving down the street when he was shot. He was in the process of committing a felony by resisting arrest and fleeing.
And he posed no threat to the officers because he was fleeing. As in, he was moving away from them. They had his information. They could have apprehended him. Instead, they shot him. Accidentally. (That seems to happen a whole lot to blacks who encounter the police these days. No wonder he was fleeing.)

Quote:
If you think Ashli was at the very least, partially responsible for being shot, you should think the same thing of Daunte.
Ashli is 100% responsible for her own death. She very deliberately placed herself there, and her intentions were nefarious. She was attempting to overthrow the government. You want to treat her like some poor little white woman who was unfairly taken down by overzealous cops.

She was there to overturn an election.

She was taken out to prevent that from happening.

I, and every other real American, am glad she was.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:02 AM

Quote:
And he posed no threat to the officers because he was fleeing. As in, he was moving away from them. They had his information. They could have apprehended him. Instead, they shot him. Accidentally. (That seems to happen a whole lot to blacks who encounter the police these days. No wonder he was fleeing.)

Ashli is 100% responsible for her own death. She very deliberately placed herself there, and her intentions were nefarious. She was attempting to overthrow the government. You want to treat her like some poor little white woman who was unfairly taken down by overzealous cops.

She was there to overturn an election.

She was taken out to prevent that from happening.

I, and every other real American, am glad she was.
He posed a HUGE threat to the community if he was allowed to flee.

He had a hostage. He potentially had a weapon. Was he on drugs? He had an active warrant and fleeing put the entire community in danger.

He deliberately made the decision to flee and his intentions were potentially nefarious.

Who said I wanted to treat her "like some poor little white woman who was unfairly taken down by overzealous cops."? That's pretty racist, actually. I've never said that - in fact, I've said she was stupid.

What I have said though is that if people are you are going to pick a side, at least be consistent.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:21 AM

Quote:
He posed a HUGE threat to the community if he was allowed to flee.

He had a hostage. He potentially had a weapon. Was he on drugs? He had an active warrant and fleeing put the entire community in danger.
What was he doing when they stopped him? Driving down the street, hurting no one. And now he's dead because a veteran cop wants us all to believe she couldn't tell the difference between a taser and a gun. Uh, huh, that was a totally justified killing.

Quote:
What I have said though is that if people are you are going to pick a side, at least be consistent.
Which is what I have done. I have been consistent in the contention that these two cases bear no resemblance to each other, no matter how hard you try to make them. I stand by that. Consistently.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:29 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
She was unarmed and posed no physical threat to anyone.

There are states where you can be arrested for shooting someone breaking and entering your home.

And again, why was she singled out to kill when everyone else around her was not?

Personally, I think the Capitol cop panicked and pulled the trigger when he shouldn't have.
BLM rioters have been breaking into buildings private and public such as police stations and actually attacking the police inside and are not summarily shot. The Capitol is not a private residence.

I don't think the Capitol cop panicked. He was standing in a hall doorway aiming his gun at the window and it sure seemed he was set on intentionally shooting the first person that climbed into it. It was an intentional and unjustified killing, but apparently he's not going to be fired and prosecuted or even reprimanded or his identity revealed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies