Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2021, 12:32 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaflyer View Post
And which ones made it inside?
I don't know what you're talking about. BLMers have made it inside of various public building such as police stations and actually assaulted people inside and destroyed and burned down a police station.

Old 04-15-2021, 12:50 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,238,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So did many others.

There were dozens of others people near her doing the same thing.

Why did he single her out to kill but not anyone else?

No one singled her out. She was one of many who posted a danger and she was the one who got shot. She may have been doing something that made her stood out from her fellow insurrectionists, but no one at the scene said, "Hey, that's Ashley Babbitt, let's shoot her."

Old 04-15-2021, 12:52 PM

19,815 posts, read 9,376,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I don't know what you're talking about. BLMers have made it inside of various public building such as police stations and actually assaulted people inside and destroyed and burned down a police station.
Yes, but that's different./sarcasm. (Btw, here is just one example. I am fairly sure that there are many more, but I need to leave City Data for now.)

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/...sh/7215643002/

Old 04-15-2021, 12:53 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Congratulations, you have successfully diverted the thread to BLM. It's too tough for you to try to actually debate the subject of this thread because even you know that Babbitt was a criminal insurrectionist who wanted to break through a barrier in order to get to the lawmakers on the other side and forcibly stop them from carrying out their Constitutionally mandated job. And you supported her actions and would have liked to have seen her and the mob behind her get through and achieve their objectives.

Yeah, I can see why you'd want to talk about anything else but that hard truth.

Old 04-15-2021, 12:55 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,238,960 times
Quote:
She was unarmed and posed no physical threat to anyone.

There are states where you can be arrested for shooting someone breaking and entering your home.

And again, why was she singled out to kill when everyone else around her was not?

Personally, I think the Capitol cop panicked and pulled the trigger when he shouldn't have.

No one singled her out.

Your question is skin to asking why US soldiers singled out Nazi soldiers during WWII. Bruh, you shoot at a crowd charging at you, someone is going to get shot.

Your sense of physical danger is warped. What happened at the capitol was straight out of an action movie.

There is no state who'd arrest you for shooting at a large crowd trying to break down your locked bedroom door.

Old 04-15-2021, 12:59 PM

Quote:
She was unarmed and posed no physical threat to anyone.
What do you think her objective was? Why did she and the mob behind her want in so badly? Did she have milk and cookies in her backpack to share with the lawmakers? Do you think her intentions were friendly?

Old 04-15-2021, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Yes, but that's different./sarcasm. (Btw, here is just one example. I am fairly sure that there are many more, but I need to leave City Data for now.)

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/...sh/7215643002/
Yeah and the difference is worse. BLMers are rioting at the police station over a criminal killed in a shoot out at a hospital ER , and the police weren't "getting away with" anything. At least at the Capitol riot for all the rioters could possibly determine is "they were getting away with" stealing a Presidential election nothing important like a violent criminal being killed in apparent self defense .

Old 04-15-2021, 01:05 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,567,713 times
So sad. If she had not become a traitor to the nation she had once served, she would still be alive today.

Old 04-15-2021, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Congratulations, you have successfully diverted the thread to BLM. It's too tough for you to try to actually debate the subject of this thread because even you know that Babbitt was a criminal insurrectionist who wanted to break through a barrier in order to get to the lawmakers on the other side and forcibly stop them from carrying out their Constitutionally mandated job. And you supported her actions and would have liked to have seen her and the mob behind her get through and achieve their objectives.

Yeah, I can see why you'd want to talk about anything else but that hard truth.
I'm saying it is not procedure to summarily shoot protestors, rioters and even looters for entering or forcing their way inside public buildings or unarmed people breaking the law in general. So why are lefties trying to claim this shooting is normal and acceptable? I know why.

Old 04-15-2021, 01:14 PM

Quote:
I'm saying it is not procedure to summarily shoot protestors, rioters and even looters for entering or forcing their way inside public buildings or unarmed people breaking the law in general.
They do when the stated intention is to harm people if they get past you, and you are holding the last barrier to prevent that. Then you shoot to kill. That's the only way to ensure the safety of the people you are sworn to protect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies