Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 07:26 AM

29,507 posts, read 14,668,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
There are literally few hundred "mass shooting" deaths per year in the USA. Out of a country of 333 million people.

This is dwarfed by say, a single American city such as Chicago with simple handgun violence in any given year.

One is covered a lot. One isn't covered at all.

Strange
Probably because it would point where the majority of our problems are in this country.

Old 04-16-2021, 07:27 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Hearing this definitely makes me angry. WHY are we seeing an uptick of people just losing their minds ? I know, some people , some in this thread think it's the guns that drive people to do this, but that is just asinine. We need to get ahold of the anger and mental health issues in this country. Instead though, Joe wants to ban semi auto rifles and pistol braces...
What does “ get ahold of anger and mental health issues” mean?

How would a country/ state/ county/ local government do to get ahold of anger and mental health?

What kind of objective criteria would be used to identify anger and mental health issues before someone becomes violent?

Be specific, please.

Old 04-16-2021, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
What law would have prevented this?
Top answer : eliminate guns.

Old 04-16-2021, 07:28 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,449,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
It's the 2A right-wing nuts who put the guns on the streets.

For the 1,000,000th time. This is why we need gun control.

For the 1,000,000 time if you outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns.

Old 04-16-2021, 07:29 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
So many Democratic cities are such a mess. Morally breaking down. The residents aren't praising God as generations have before.

So many Democratic cities are totally rotting morally. Violence in Democratic cities has every thing to do with toxic culture and needless confrontations and drama and nothing to do with anything else.

There is so much hatred in the air in Democratic cities from massive amounts of people being left behind because of Democratic policies.

Democrats tend to love confrontation and always trying to change who they are or conform to a groupthink mentality.

https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-news...n-indianapolis
To blame this on Democrats is about as twisted as it gets.

My thoughts are with the survivors, and the family members of the victims of this terrible tragedy. I really don't understand why, if someone's plan is to commit suicide, then why don't they just kill themselves and leave everyone else alone. These innocent people didn't deserve to die.

Old 04-16-2021, 07:35 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,968,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

My thoughts are with the survivors, and the family members of the victims of this terrible tragedy. I really don't understand why, if someone's plan is to commit suicide, then why don't they just kill themselves and leave everyone else alone. These innocent people didn't deserve to die.
We can certainly agree on that. But, remember, when the dust settles, Democrats WILL be blaming this on Republicans. Just FYI.

Old 04-16-2021, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
What does “ get ahold of anger and mental health issues” mean?

How would a country/ state/ county/ local government do to get ahold of anger and mental health?

Be specific, please.
FFS really ? When almost 50% of gun deaths are due to suicide , don't you think we should be addressing mental health ?

Years ago, Japan had a rampant upsurge in suicides, so bad, that the authorities started charging the families for the clean up. A bullet (ironic isn't it ? ) train, which was the method of choice, makes quite a mess of the human body. They have since addressed this, and reduced the amount of suicides.

Next, these rampage shootings are not done by rational individuals, there is obviously some issues these people have that they cannot deal with. Again, points to mental health.

And lastly, the violence that happens nightly in our inner cities and trailer parks across the country. Some can be attributed to drugs and gangs. Which is another problem, which requires a different set of solutions.
The rest is because many of these youths feel there is no other direction for them in life, and in the hood the strong survive. So they turn to violence. That type of thinking needs to change.

I'm just calling out what I think are the root causes. As far as solutions I'm not an educator, doctor, or therapist, so that is out of my scope.

Old 04-16-2021, 07:38 AM

2,400 posts, read 784,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
So many Democratic cities are such a mess. Morally breaking down. The residents aren't praising God as generations have before.

So many Democratic cities are totally rotting morally. Violence in Democratic cities has every thing to do with toxic culture and needless confrontations and drama and nothing to do with anything else.

There is so much hatred in the air in Democratic cities from massive amounts of people being left behind because of Democratic policies.

Democrats tend to love confrontation and always trying to change who they are or conform to a groupthink mentality.

https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-news...n-indianapolis
Social messes are the favorite tool of the Democrats. Out of the mess will emerge a new shining tyranny with jackboots and gulag's for all.

Old 04-16-2021, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
We can certainly agree on that. But, remember, when the dust settles, Democrats WILL be blaming this on Republicans. Just FYI.
This whole blaming Trump, blaming Biden thing is asinine. This is on the individuals that pull the trigger and nothing more.

Old 04-16-2021, 07:39 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,700,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
FFS really ? When almost 50% of gun deaths are due to suicide , don't you think we should be addressing mental health ?

Years ago, Japan had a rampant upsurge in suicides, so bad, that the authorities started charging the families for the clean up. A bullet (ironic isn't it ? ) train, which was the method of choice, makes quite a mess of the human body. They have since addressed this, and reduced the amount of suicides.

Next, these rampage shootings are not done by rational individuals, there is obviously some issues these people have that they cannot deal with. Again, points to mental health.

And lastly, the violence that happens nightly in our inner cities and trailer parks across the country. Some can be attributed to drugs and gangs. Which is another problem, which requires a different set of solutions.
The rest is because many of these youths feel there is no other direction for them in life, and in the hood the strong survive. So they turn to violence. That type of thinking needs to change.

I'm just calling out what I think are the root causes. As far as solutions I'm not an educator, doctor, or therapist, so that is out of my scope.
I'm all on board for having families pay for the clean up of homicides their family members commit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies