Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2021, 09:20 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,983,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
- 2 parent households, something Democrats discourage by subsidizing and rewarding single parent household

- Mental health classes in public school, mentors, and tutors, because Democrats don't seem to want to take care of their kids before they become menaces to society and join gangs

- Ending of all COVID lock downs and travel restrictions, because people have to work for a living and are going crazy with nothing to do.

- Stop and frisk: This was a very successful program that cleaned up the inner city crime.

- Company sponsored therapist or psychiatrist for high stress industries

What are your ideas? Take away their guns?
That makes too much sense for these current band of democrats to do LOL

Old 04-16-2021, 09:21 AM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
In the 70’s we had more mental institutions. Many of those have been closed. Perhaps we need to reinvent them. Also we need to make it easier for families to get their loved ones help and need a system that actually helps. Too many times the system ignores those who need help. How many of our homeless would be better off in help care facilities vs on the street. Many of them have mental issues and live on the street because of it. Either by being kicked out of home or leaving because they dont want help. I dont have the answers but as a nation we need to have this difficult discussion. Instead we have the much easier band aide discussing pro vs anti gun laws. We have alot of gun laws already and these incidents still happen. We need to get over the politics of that issue and actually work on dealing with mental health issues. Its the most important issue as a nation we need to discuss.
Oddly enough, in that era I think you could still order a semi auto rifle out of the Sear catalog and have it delivered to ones home. No NICS check, nothing. Where there as many rampage shootings then ? Sure there was still the inner city violence, which was worse, but some things never change there.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:22 AM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
To summarize- do nothing.
A considerably better option than stripping rights from the people.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:24 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
That makes too much sense for these current band of democrats to do LOL
Exactly. They have no intention of mental health reform, they think taking away legal guns is the solution. LOL.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:24 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,402,459 times
Quote:
What would you do then?
Quote:
To summarize- do nothing.
Just wondering if you read my post #50.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:25 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Good Lord, the first thing lefties want to know when these types of things happen?
The first thing I want to know is why people like the OP disingenuously assign blame to one political party.

Quote:
That's just another weekend for the inner city.
The Indianapolis location in question is not in the inner city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Liberal cities fail because liberals live there.
The only people who live in liberal cities are liberals? LMAO.

Quote:
- 2 parent households, something Democrats discourage by subsidizing and rewarding single parent household
The only single parents are Democrats? Next ...

Quote:
Mental health classes in public school, mentors, and tutors, because Democrats don't seem to want to take care of their kids before they become menaces to society and join gangs
But Republicans want to cut funding for public schools? Next ...

Quote:
- Ending of all COVID lock downs and travel restrictions, because people have to work for a living and are going crazy with nothing to do.
Most of us are managing to get through without killing anyone. Next ...

Quote:
- Company sponsored therapist or psychiatrist for high stress industries
That health insurance carriers limit the use of. Next ...

Old 04-16-2021, 09:25 AM

Quote:
What exactly would you implement to make this happen?
Which part didn't you get from my post ? Since the politicians seem to be the ones spear heading gun violence epidemic, why not start out with actually addressing facts ?

Addressing the root causes is the first part in solving a problem. They are not doing that. As far as implementation, I've listed suggestions many times in other gun related threads. I'm done typing the same stuff over and over.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Who's ensuring the constant supply of illegal weapons? They just arrested some kid who (over time) legally purchased over 50 handguns in Mississippi and sent them to be used to kill people in Chicago. Who wrote the gun laws in Mississippi?
Yeah, I'm going to need some more info on that one. Kid and legally purchasing handguns doesn't sound quite right to me.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:32 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,440,415 times
Quote:
So punish all gun owners now?

Guess we better take way your car, because people have used it to run people over.

How many normal gun owners buy dozens of the same handgun and report them stolen? Thanks NRA and Republicans for flooding my city with illegal guns!

Old 04-16-2021, 09:32 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
We've certainly gotten away from the thread topic, eh?

We made a choice, as a country, to make ourselves an armed citizenry. There's no reversing that at this point.

Guns are available. Legally, illegally, rightfully or wrongfully.

Mass shootings are going to happen. Mental illness plays a significant role in many of these mass shootings. So educating the public about mental illness, and getting those who need help the kind of help they need might have an impact on not just mass shootings, but, to take another story from the headlines this week, mothers killing their children.

How this applies to the FEDEX shooting, I don't know. We'll learn more in the coming days, about the victims and about the shooter. And maybe we can find it in our hearts to comfort the families of the victims, and the survivors, who truly do need comfort and compassion right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies