Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2021, 10:15 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,256,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
Once respects are paid to the victims, and if we all want to face reality, and more importantly to try to prevent it from happening again, yes it is political.

We have become a spoiled society. People get what they want, whether it is right or wrong, moral or immoral as well as getting away with things they need to be accountable for. And like spoiled little children, when they don't get what they want and or they feel like they were "wronged", evil kicks in.

All that is part of it. The other part is taking God out of society.

Now take a minute and think. Which party is contributing to this?
So your answer is to put God back in society. Do you have a specific god in mind? Is it allah, is it adonai? Or does it have to be that Jesus guy that no one I know believes in.
editing to add - sometimes its the most god fearing that do the killing. Like the recent Atlanta shootings. I could argue that it the belief in god that causes much of the evil deeds.

Old 04-16-2021, 10:18 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
It's the 2A right-wing nuts who put the guns on the streets.

For the 1,000,000th time. This is why we need gun control.
There is no second amendment Right to shoot and kill people, so don't be ridiculous. We don't need con control, because IT'S ALREADY AGAINST THE FREAKING LAW TO SHOOT PEOPLE!

Old 04-16-2021, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
There is no second amendment Right to shoot and kill people, so don't be ridiculous. We don't need con control, because IT'S ALREADY AGAINST THE FREAKING LAW TO SHOOT PEOPLE!
If it against the law then we should have no more shooting. Yeah, that works.

Old 04-16-2021, 10:20 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
If you are living in fear of being in a mass shooting you also must be living in fear of heart disease, lighting strikes, dying in a car accident, swimming pools, and cancer. Since all things things are more likely to kill you than being in a rampage shooting. Now if you frequent sketchy hoods in places like Detroit or St. Louis, well your chances are much higher then.
Not to mention the many more people dying from hammers, blunt weapons, knives, bare hands, car accidents, etc... We need automobile control laws, and hammer control.

Old 04-16-2021, 10:27 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
You can link to those great suggestions so we can all evaluate in the context of this thread.
The search button is your friend.

Old 04-16-2021, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
The search button is your friend.
I wanted to read about it and searched a few pages of your recent posts and could not find it. Could you help me out.

Old 04-16-2021, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
Once respects are paid to the victims, and if we all want to face reality, and more importantly to try to prevent it from happening again, yes it is political.

We have become a spoiled society. People get what they want, whether it is right or wrong, moral or immoral as well as getting away with things they need to be accountable for. And like spoiled little children, when they don't get what they want and or they feel like they were "wronged", evil kicks in.

All that is part of it. The other part is taking God out of society.

Now take a minute and think. Which party is contributing to this?
Quote:
So your answer is to put God back in society. Do you have a specific god in mind? Is it allah, is it adonai? Or does it have to be that Jesus guy that no one I know believes in.
editing to add - sometimes its the most god fearing that do the killing. Like the recent Atlanta shootings. I could argue that it the belief in god that causes much of the evil deeds.
I wouldn't say it is about taking God out of society. Although, I do believe it is due to the break down in structure. I'm not religious, but do try to lead my life along the lines of a certain code, which helps me to lead a moral life. Am I perfect, no. But I'm not a criminal either.

Society needs structure, some resort to religions. Some find other types of structure. We all need a path to follow to lead our lives. Many have lost that path and we are seeing the repercussions of it.

Why do you think religion was created in the first place....control.

Old 04-16-2021, 10:35 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,169,235 times
"Multiple Victims" after mass shooting in Democrat Joe Hogsett's Indianapolis

Ha ha -- mass shooting happens in a deep red state with a Republican governor. "lovecrowds" desperately searches for and finds a Democrat to blame this on -- LOL

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
That is not true.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...y-weapon-used/

Please stop posting this lie. Repeating it will not make it true
Well, since they did say car crashed, that would be approx 3700 people a month, which if far more yearly than all guns combined....

So, it is true, no matter how many times you say it...does not make it true....

https://www.driverknowledge.com/car-...nt-statistics/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Not to mention the many more people dying from hammers, blunt weapons, knives, bare hands, car accidents, etc... We need automobile control laws, and hammer control.
Quote:
That is not true.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...y-weapon-used/

Please stop posting this lie. Repeating it will not make it true

To be clear, this statement is true ,only concerning rifles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies