Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 12:49 PM

2,905 posts, read 995,124 times

Advertisements

Stevie Wonder could see through the nonsense being perpetrated in this thread.

Old 04-19-2021, 12:50 PM

21,952 posts, read 9,517,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
^

It would certainly be helpful if people could post a link in the OP to the news story or whatever the hell it is they're talking about.
OMG. This is the OP's story, not a link. Not EVERYTHING is a link.

Old 04-19-2021, 12:52 PM

2,905 posts, read 995,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electricpack View Post
This thread is an epic fail. I thought this poster was gone for good.
Just busy counting Black people standing in line for luxury goods. There were 14.

Old 04-19-2021, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You missed the point. I NEVER took notice of the race of people waiting to stand in line until the left started ramming all the race....race.....race stuff down our necks.

(And just like a liberal, you accuse me of being a racist simply for pointing out the obvious. It's the left's way of shutting down any comment - and dehumanizing the speaker - that deviates from the radical left narrative.)
I noticed this stuff, too. We were on vacation recently at a high end mall....Chanel, Gucci, Neiman Marcus and I noticed a large percentage of the clientele were black.

And I never used to be scared to go to the high end shopping areas in Chicago but I am now and I noticed who is around. They have people getting stabbed on the high end streets of Chicago and smash and grab robberies on broad daylight.

Old 04-19-2021, 12:55 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,259,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
OMG. This is the OP's story, not a link. Not EVERYTHING is a link.
Well maybe she should keep that bs to herself next time then.

Old 04-19-2021, 12:55 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
There is nothing wrong with liking and wanting nice things. Doesn’t matter what your ethnicity.
Nothing wrong with wanting to live in a beautiful house, nothing wrong with driving a nice car and nothing wrong with wanting to go to a top private university. I’m amazed at how judgmental some folks are. It’s an American value that I don’t see why it is a big problem - unless you are stealing or cheating to get it.
Why is this even a thread? Is it because black people have a poor value system in the OPs opinion?
Melania is a big wearer of designer items. She should wear whatever she likes. So should Michele Obama.
Is there some point that is trying to be made here?
Maybe someone can spell it out for me.

Eta so the point of the thread is to say not all black people are poor!!?? That’s the big reveal?
Now that is crazy. Everyone knows Oprah and jayz and will smith and Tyler perry and Ben Carson and thousands more successful black people. There are dozens in my neighborhood living in 1million dollar plus houses. Is the op educating all of us that not all black people are poor.
Well thanks for that important discovery.
And out comes another liberal yelling "racism" because I dared to take issue with the left's narrative - namely, that blacks are all oppressed and suffering from systemic racism, and we whites owe it to them to pass legislation geared specifically to people of a darker skin color. To the contrary, there are plenty of black people in my area, the majority of whom are middle-class at worst and outright affluent at best.

And yes, if you listen to the leftist media wail on and on about the poor, downtrodden, oppressed black people, it seems some DO need an education that most aren't like that. You should see the mailer I just got from the liberal running for governor: it was on four issues (economy, education, health care, and the justice system), with primary attention devoted to how blacks need help in every area, and what he proposes to provide for them. There was no mention of any other demographic.

Old 04-19-2021, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Well maybe she should keep that bs to herself next time then.
Why does she need a link? Is it required?

Old 04-19-2021, 12:57 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,504,845 times
Nobody is obsessed with blacks as OP! Just like someone asked earlier - what color lipstick were they wearing? I guess same as on that website where all models were black, right I am still searching for that popular website though my wife says she wants to buy the same

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electricpack View Post
This thread is an epic fail. I thought this poster was gone for good.
And I see you're a "new" member. Ha.

9,434 posts, read 4,257,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Instead of trying to put me on the defensive - a leftist M.O. - how about addressing my very valid points? That plenty of blacks are affluent and successful, and that they're not ALL low-class high school dropouts who are oppressed by whites?
So you come here to tell us that you just discovered that not all black people are poor and some can afford Gucci? Welcome to the real world.
Is this some study you did on your time off of posting - sort of sociological field study maybe? Any other great earth shattering truths you want to share?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies