Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 01:10 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,671,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Anyone who has been to rodeo drive in LA (the most expensive shopping street) has seen countless black people in every single store of every single line.

It’s shocking because these are the same people who Democrats claim can’t afford a $30 ID which is required to even use a debit card.

Anyone in LA can tell you this.
In many states the ID is provided free by the local police or state troopers.

Old 04-19-2021, 01:12 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
In many states the ID is provided free by the local police or state troopers.
Certainly true in Georgia. IDs are provided free-of-charge, yet the Dems are saying (or implying) that blacks can't figure out how to get one. Sort of like when Biden said minorities can't figure out the internet to sign up for the vaccine. Dems are so racist with their condescending beliefs about blacks.

Old 04-19-2021, 01:12 PM

73,047 posts, read 62,646,469 times
America is a society where materialistic reigns supreme in many places. And this is the case regardless of what race a person is. I would never buy a Gucci bag, whether I could afford it or not. It means nothing to me, nothing good anyway. As a man, I have no use for it. I couldn't imagine buying one for a woman. The only reason a person would buy a Gucci bag, or any bag for $1000 is to show off. It's basically "look what I got, I'm better than you". When you live in a society or culture where what you have often determines how people treat you, you get people standing outside in a line to get a $1000 handbag or purse. This is how I see life. What you have is suppose to have a function, and to represent who you are as a person. It's suppose to be about quality and having something that will last. It isn't suppose to be about "I want to impress people I don't know or don't like".

Old 04-19-2021, 01:13 PM

9,155 posts, read 6,202,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
We could call them "The Black Fourteen"...except that infamous moniker is already taken...
Protesting about someone else's religious practices seems unjust and totally unrelated to football.

I guess they also wouldn't have played against Notre Dame since the RC church wouldn't ordain women if Notre Dame had been further west.

Old 04-19-2021, 01:16 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrombopulosMichael View Post
And this is your attempt to make a judgement about an entire population of people based on 14 people you saw at the mall...
No, it's my attempt to negate the judgment being made about an entire population of people by the Democrats (namely, that blacks are oppressed victims of racism).

(And on an aside, I won't be responding any more to "new" members who obviously have been banned and have skirted the rules by coming up with a new account.)

Old 04-19-2021, 01:18 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,257,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
America is a society where materialistic reigns supreme in many places. And this is the case regardless of what race a person is. I would never buy a Gucci bag, whether I could afford it or not. It means nothing to me, nothing good anyway. As a man, I have no use for it. I couldn't imagine buying one for a woman. The only reason a person would buy a Gucci bag, or any bag for $1000 is to show off. It's basically "look what I got, I'm better than you". When you live in a society or culture where what you have often determines how people treat you, you get people standing outside in a line to get a $1000 handbag or purse. This is how I see life. What you have is suppose to have a function, and to represent who you are as a person. It's suppose to be about quality and having something that will last. It isn't suppose to be about "I want to impress people I don't know or don't like".
Have you seen the new Gucci platform slides? They are pretty great looking. I ordered a pair in brown. And I don’t think im better than anyone, I just like pretty things. Sure judge me.

Old 04-19-2021, 01:19 PM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Thank you! That's my point exactly: that there is this mad attempt by the Democrats to paint blacks as helpless, oppressed victims who can't make their way in the world without special legislation geared to give them special benefits. It's a campaign strategy, and you see how angry liberals get when someone pulls the curtain back.
Agreed. I’ve been to rodeo drive and saw it with my own eyes.

I expected to see a bunch of uppity white people, nope, complete opposite. I don’t know what their occupation was, but it was black people left and right.

There was also a ton of black people staying at the intercontinental hotel in downtown LA, including myself.

The notion that 50 million black peoole don’t have money is a false narrative by Democrats

Old 04-19-2021, 01:30 PM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesick_Giraffe View Post
Yes the entire population of black people shop at rodeo drive and Gucci.
And the stats agree with you:

Quote:
And with nearly 50 million Black people in the United States, Black consumers spend more than $1 trillion a year.
https://newsone.com/3901998/black-bu...istory-making/

Old 04-19-2021, 01:33 PM

73,047 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Have you seen the new Gucci platform slides? They are pretty great looking. I ordered a pair in brown. And I don’t think im better than anyone, I just like pretty things. Sure judge me.
I haven't seen them. It's not for me. And I'm not saying that you think you're better than anyone else. I'm saying that it's often done for trying to impress. I'm talking about the culture of materialism in America. I've never stood in line to buy any shoes. If I see a line for shoes or any other "hot ticket item" going around the block, I'll just leave. I don't have the patience for it.

Old 04-19-2021, 01:37 PM

18,471 posts, read 15,259,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
As I alluded to in my previous post, I think you might be right about people that spend $1000 on a bag with a bunch of "G"s on it. They are probably surrounded by people that might be impressed by that.

But in other circles, it would be seen as tacky, and the person might be seen as someone that thinks they are impressing people. In those circles, women have bags that cost 10 or 20 times that amount, made with superior materials, and design, without all the "G"s all over it, where you or I would have no idea that the bag costs as much as it does. Typically, the women that buy bags like these are not trying to "show off' to the masses. They are just buying what is socially "normal" in their circle of friends, where the price of any bag, no matter how expensive it may seem to you, does not give bragging rights because even at those prices, it is not something that is going to break any of their banks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies