Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2021, 10:29 AM

7,383 posts, read 3,539,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
This is referred to as the Ultraterrestrial theory...

I think this is what we are dealing with, it wont be a good thing for us, but it is what it is.
I don't see why we can't coexist. It's not like they can live on the surface and probably wouldn't want to anyway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2021, 12:31 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Elizondo
"The government is in possession of exotic materials, and we'll leave it at that." -Former senior Pentagon official at the Advanced Aerial Threat Identification Program
Hmm.

Old 05-25-2021, 12:48 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,038,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
I don't see why we can't coexist. It's not like they can live on the surface and probably wouldn't want to anyway
does this theory take into account things like earthquakes, plate shifts, etc.?

Old 05-25-2021, 01:07 PM

7,383 posts, read 3,539,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
does this theory take into account things like earthquakes, plate shifts, etc.?
There are many underground caverns and voids that have been undisturbed for thousands of years.

Old 05-25-2021, 02:37 PM

12,994 posts, read 9,521,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
LOL! And how is 'QAnon' doing these days, anyway...?
Military.com: Trump Says He's Heard 'Interesting' Things About Roswell
President Donald Trump says he’s heard some interesting things about Roswell, but he’s not sharing even with his eldest child.
We've all heard "interesting" things about Roswell. So it's not surprising that Trump has heard them too.

Old 05-25-2021, 05:31 PM

30,455 posts, read 21,289,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
The irony of using Neil as your rhyming name, while refuting that we can get to the moon. You're really a buzz kill, Bill.

I'm constantly amazed by how limited some people are, by putting human limitations on possible extra terrestrial capabilities, we could be the ant colony of the universe.
Man on the moon is something i just don't buy sly. Mars is never gonna happen in our lifetimes and why even bother? Everything in our system is dead, barren.

If everything was real like it was SPACE1999 then i would be all for it if we had a Eagle that did a speed of 8.4. At least you can get to the moon in under 3 hours.

Old 05-25-2021, 05:33 PM

30,455 posts, read 21,289,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Many people wouldn't believe in extraterrestrial life if one of these crafts landed on their back lawn and the occupants came right out and stood before them.

In my opinion, it is damned arrogant and stupid to assume there is no life anywhere in the universe besides this tiny little insignificant planet. And it is very naive to assume there is no chance of technology far in advance of ours in said extraterrestrial life. When we are dealing with an infinite universe and possibly infinite dimensions of our universe, the probability of there not being life elsewhere is essentially zero.
I do i do i do believe in life on other planets janet. I say millions of planets have life. But the time speed thing can never be licked. At least that is what the lion said on OZ.

Old 05-26-2021, 09:36 AM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times
The aliens haven't landed: Why you should be skeptical of recent reports on UFO sightings

Quote:
However, close examination of the videos by myself and others over the three years since they were released has shown them to be far more mundane than first thought.

The "glowing aura" mentioned in the New York Times headline turned out to be a processing artifact common to thermal cameras.

The supposed impossible accelerations in the "Tic-Tac" video were revealed to coincide with (and hence caused by) sudden movements of the camera, leading to the conclusion that the object in the video was not actually doing anything special.

The video titled "Go Fast" was claimed to show an object with no heat source (and hence, no conventional engine) moving impossibly fast over the surface of the ocean.

But some 10th-grade trigonometry showed it was actually much higher than it seemed, creating an illusion of motion, and the actual speed was more like wind speed, meaning it was probably just a balloon.

The most compelling video, "Gimbal,” seems to show an actual flying saucer skimming over clouds then coming to a stop and bizarrely rotating into an aerodynamically impossible position.

But closer examination of this video showed that when the "object" rotated, other patches of light in the scene rotated.

The only possible explanation being that the rotation was a camera artifact, and that the "flying saucer" was simply the infrared glare from the engines of a distant aircraft that was flying away. An examination of the camera's patents revealed the gimbal mechanism responsible for the apparent rotation.

Since then, two more videos from the UAP Task Force were leaked. Both initially seemed amazing: a flying triangle and a zig-zagging submersible sphere.

But, like the previous three, they became more mundane under closer examination.

I found that the triangle looked and acted exactly like an out-of-focus airplane, and the sphere was shown not to zig-zag, probably to be another glare, and to disappear behind the horizon rather than under the water.

Given the disappointing mundanity of the video evidence, what are we to expect from the upcoming UAP report, due in June?

Old 05-26-2021, 11:35 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times
Right because fighter pilots, radar techs, image/video analysts, and high ranking military brass were all fooled and said it was unexplained but those mundane problems are really so obvious that an armchair skeptic could easily point them out and explain it all.

Clearly reality is going to be a shock for some people who don't want to see it. Probably still why the government is trying to slow roll this, even though they can't stop it completely any more.

Old 05-26-2021, 11:37 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,559,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I do i do i do believe in life on other planets janet. I say millions of planets have life. But the time speed thing can never be licked. At least that is what the lion said on OZ.
At least not by our way of thinking or understanding of physics.

We could be wrong/too stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies