Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2021, 01:30 PM

33,555 posts, read 37,155,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman82 View Post
I don't understand what the point is, in bothering to even release this report, like before they know anything? Was the whole objective to just reiterate that no one knows what they are? I could have saved the govt a ton of money if that was the case!
I think that we are being prepared for the announcement that we are not alone in this universe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2021, 03:04 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,038,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman82 View Post
I don't understand what the point is, in bothering to even release this report, like before they know anything? Was the whole objective to just reiterate that no one knows what they are? I could have saved the govt a ton of money if that was the case!
I'm not sure either, but I agree with a lot of commenters on all these various UFO threads that we are not alone in the universe, not by a long shot. Maybe it's a slow introduction to the assertion that just because they (gov't) don't know firm details & where they come from...I'd bet they DO know there's no way the big ones are from Earth.....China? Russia? USA? Maybe the smaller ones. But not the big boys.

Old 06-05-2021, 03:53 PM

2,559 posts, read 2,220,712 times
I don't know. It's entirely possible that these could be some sort of high-performance drone from some country (including the US). Or from Planet Claire.

It's also possible that this whole episode will slowly fade from the public interest and be generally forgotten. Except from the "Ancient Aliens" show, of course.

Old 06-25-2021, 05:42 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Preliminary Assessment: Unidentified Aerial Phenomena
25 June 2021

https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/docum...P-20210625.pdf

Old 06-25-2021, 06:02 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times
From the report:

Quote:
And a Handful of UAP Appear to Demonstrate Advanced Technology

In 18 incidents, described in 21 reports, observers reported unusual UAP movement patterns or flight characteristics. Some UAP appeared to remain stationary in winds aloft, move against the wind, maneuver abruptly, or move at considerable speed, without discernable means of propulsion. In a small number of cases, military aircraft systems processed radio frequency (RF) energy associated with UAP sightings.

The UAPTF holds a small amount of data that appear to show UAP demonstrating acceleration or a degree of signature management. Additional rigorous analysis are necessary by multiple teams or groups of technical experts to determine the nature and validity of these data. We are conducting further analysis to determine if breakthrough technologies were demonstrated.

Old 06-25-2021, 06:10 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Preliminary Assessment: Unidentified Aerial Phenomena
25 June 2021

https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/docum...P-20210625.pdf
So they are claiming 'nothing to see her folks.' Just not enough data, apparently, and of course there never will be enough.

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

The limited amount of high-quality reporting on unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP) hampers our ability to draw firm conclusions about the nature or intent of UAP.

Old 06-25-2021, 06:12 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So they are claiming 'nothing to see her folks.' Just not enough data, apparently, and of course there never will be enough.

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

The limited amount of high-quality reporting on unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP) hampers our ability to draw firm conclusions about the nature or intent of UAP.
Most of the report is indeed an attempt to not say anything at all about it, however they were forced to put a few facts in it (see above).

Old 06-25-2021, 06:45 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

80 of the 144 UAPs were detected by multiple sensors. Plus what atltechdude posted. It’s mostly a nothing burger but that was expected. Still, that’s more than we’ve ever gotten as far as I know. I’m not really into the UFO/alien thing though. Although I have been contemplating AGI as a possibility lately. I need proof though before I believe that and our friends on the left losing their collective (snickers) minds isn’t quite enough.

Old 06-25-2021, 07:07 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
The right answer when you don't know is, "I don't know".

Old 06-25-2021, 07:13 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,554,586 times
At present I prefer to think it is some unexplained physical phenomenon. What I'm curious to know is: have any of these been spotted from satellite?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies