Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2022, 10:29 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times

Advertisements

With all the junk that flying around in low orbit around Earth, I'm sure there are going to be a lot more UFO sightings will be reported than ever before.

I well remember how closely the first space lab was watched when it slowly fell out of orbit. Despite all the observation, it finally burned up, and what remained sank into the ocean. No one found any traces of it.

Not very much is going to come out in the hearings, I expect. The stuff that makes it all the way down to Earth's surface, which won't be very much, could be crap from somebody's advanced weaponry. If it can reveal anything at all.

Anything like that is bound to stay highly classified, and I expect there will be quite a lot of classified private sessions will be held, but very little will be released to the public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2022, 10:36 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
With all the junk that flying around in low orbit around Earth, I'm sure there are going to be a lot more UFO sightings will be reported than ever before.

I well remember how closely the first space lab was watched when it slowly fell out of orbit. Despite all the observation, it finally burned up, and what remained sank into the ocean. No one found any traces of it.

Not very much is going to come out in the hearings, I expect. The stuff that makes it all the way down to Earth's surface, which won't be very much, could be crap from somebody's advanced weaponry. If it can reveal anything at all.

Anything like that is bound to stay highly classified, and I expect there will be quite a lot of classified private sessions will be held, but very little will be released to the public.
Isnt the govt supposed to be horrible at keeping secrets?

You theory falls apart once you factor in UFOs from decades ago. LOL Try to explain 'UFO' reports from the early 1900s, or even further back in history, (before the airplane was invented)...strangely, if you read thru the long list of these very old reports, they are very similar to reports today, (care to explain that too?) I guess it was just experimental aircraft in the late 1800s, right? (that apparently were using the same technology as todays UFOs. )

Old 05-22-2022, 04:31 AM

30,455 posts, read 21,298,747 times
Peeps see sun dogs and spots on their eyes sly. No ship from any planet janet has ever been here.

Old 05-22-2022, 05:58 AM

8,633 posts, read 9,142,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Until these aliens land and make their presence known to the world its all speculation. Its not beyond our government to put out fake radar images or get ex military people to lie about what they say they saw. They just want to create enough confusion that they can fly around experimental craft and no one knows if its a UFO or a experimental craft.
The United States and the US military do not have a monopoly on UFO encounters. Long before Roswell, sightings accured, and plenty of them for hndreds of years including fighter pilots in WW2. Before Roswell, 1942, an incident occured in LA where spotlights zeroed in on a group of UFO in which were fired opon. It was called the "Battle of Los Angeles" The Vatican, in its archive, have documented UFO sighting going backed a couple of thousand years, including events where Roman legion commanders wrote down UFO encounders.

Make no mistake the US government can and will twist things, create disinformation pertaining to many things, including intel to fool other competing nations including its own people. Most sightings no doubt are explainable. I'm 65 years old and have always had my doubts about UFOs, however, over the years so many credible witnesses and events have taken place that something serious is going on and has been going on for many years. Much more so than these recent events. All Roswell was, was an event that made it into the mainstream media, turning peoples' attention to the skies. If UFOs exist then it is only a matter of time when our Government or other governments leak info about its authenticity. And sure enough, a handful of credible government people did just that. Several Navy personnel including Top Guns followed suit after retirement. The new radar systems in our craft is much more abled to track these objects like never before, but make no mistake, our Navy and Airforce have encounted these objects for several decades.

Old 05-22-2022, 06:13 AM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
What is so strange about that post, to make you ask if it was a joke?

The other poster was correct...we are puny little insects to these beings, our most advanced technology, compared to theirs, makes us look like cave man, dragging our knuckles around, we still rely on brute force for nearly everything in our world. LOL
What "beings" and who are the "theirs" you are talking about? Do you have concrete proof or just your imagination?

Its their hypothesis or yours which is fine. But its portrayed as fact. Lots of smart people, astrophysicists etc who disagree wildly as to what is out there and if anything has visited us. The only verifiable scientific proof at this moment says we are it, we may not be alone in the universe but might be lonely here on earth. I have a good education and have studied science all my life as well as stuff outside of science like UFO's and other phenomenon. You are taking conjecture and packaging it as fact.

We really don't if we are the only intelligent life in the universe or if there are millions or billions of smarter organisms that have been around for billions of years. Of if there are things way beyond our comprehension. Its possible but not a fact.

I am open to all possibilities just don't package it as fact.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 05-22-2022 at 06:23 AM..

Old 05-22-2022, 06:17 AM

8,386 posts, read 4,372,592 times
There are many things we just do not understand. Not just UFOs but ancient civilizations, pictographs, constructs, Nazca lines and even crop circles that can not be definitively explained. Many indicate levels of technology that do not correlate with the time period as we understand it.

There are mind blowing images of the far reaches of space. Comprehension of time, space, matter, light in all its varied forms is something I am not sure mankind on Earth will ever fully understand but the possibilities ..... are endless.

Old 05-22-2022, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
It's something. It's just not aliens. They're out there on various worlds (maybe many) but we will never meet them and vice versa. Only fantasy or highly theoretical/speculative physics suggests it's possible but special relativity which is our gold standard of science covering the boundary conditions of interstellar travel says that it's basically impossible. The nearest star with what appear to be habitable planets is proxima centauri 4.2LY away. With proven methods of propulsion the times are insane.
Gravity assist (proven method) - 76,000 years
Nuclear propulsion (never proven) - 1000 years
Electromagnetic drive (never proven) - 100 years ... G-Forces very high.
Fusion rockets (never proven) - 36 years. Insane G-forces and Helium would have to be mined along the way.
Laser sail with photon boost from earth - Reaches 25% of light speed in ten minutes. Acceleration of 50Gs. First you become a liquid glob against the wall and then as Gs continue to build your glob gets compressed back into a tiny solid. As if that's not enough you have no corresponding lasers on Proxima Centauri to slow you down so your little glob goes blasting past into infinity.

Not aliens.
Would G-forces be a factor in a vacuum?

Old 05-22-2022, 06:19 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,791,856 times
With traditional religions on a decline, UFO worship is getting more popular.

Old 05-22-2022, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
With traditional religions on a decline, UFO worship is getting more popular.
There are plenty of interesting observations in the Bible, including events of Jesus's birth. Does that mean life from other rocky planets are visiting us? No, what it means is mankind has and always will have his or her's eyes directed to the skies, because it is and always will be another frontier to explore, an endless one. Not worship.

Old 05-22-2022, 09:36 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
What "beings" and who are the "theirs" you are talking about? Do you have concrete proof or just your imagination?

Its their hypothesis or yours which is fine. But its portrayed as fact. Lots of smart people, astrophysicists etc who disagree wildly as to what is out there and if anything has visited us. The only verifiable scientific proof at this moment says we are it, we may not be alone in the universe but might be lonely here on earth. I have a good education and have studied science all my life as well as stuff outside of science like UFO's and other phenomenon. You are taking conjecture and packaging it as fact.

We really don't if we are the only intelligent life in the universe or if there are millions or billions of smarter organisms that have been around for billions of years. Of if there are things way beyond our comprehension. Its possible but not a fact.

I am open to all possibilities just don't package it as fact.
The recent Congressional report concluded these things were not experimental/developmental aircraft, or any aircraft belonging to a foreign nation.

if you read thru the related declassified docs on this topic, its clear as day whats been going on, these docs mention 'secret research facilities' and also redact a large percentage of the type

There is also a 'classified version' of the Congressional report. (that citizens are not allowed to see).

These things originate right here on earth, they are not coming from some other planet or system. They have facilities in the depths of the oceans and deep underground, there are 'agreements' in place that govern their behavior in regards to contact with humans.

This is not something you want to dig too deep into, you will face some major legal problems if you do, but like Ive told other people, if you really have the desire to know...go ahead and start digging, if you truly believe there is nothing to any of this, you shouldnt have any problems.

***Years ago, I contacted my Senators office about this topic, asking a specific question about an incident that occurred in my state recently...how they responded and what they told me was shocking to say the least.

Last edited by rstevens62; 05-22-2022 at 09:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies