Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2022, 01:21 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,874,419 times

Advertisements

I don't believe ANYTHING my goverment says,why should I. or should you..Ill have to amend that statement.If Joe says 'taxes are up ' I'll take that to the bank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2022, 03:35 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,364,321 times
So...heres my issue. Look at how fast technological change is accelerating. Our tech 100 years from now is simply put, resolve most of our problems if we can survive. And the probability is near certain that if a alien race has arrived here their technology will be so advanced as to be magical.

So could we be seeing these things? Maybe? Folks are being really cagey about the underwater sensors I noticed. Someplace where we might be having sensors that find them.

Who/what are they? Cause we do have some sensor data that says some of these things really are real, and doing something. Anything from a private company with breakthrough technology, to a government lab. Or black projects. Even foreign ones.

But we could also be seeing aliens. Theres not much we can do about them you know? Anything with the power to get here over interplanetary distances has technology that simply put could remove us as a species if push came to shove. And at no risk to themselves. Lets be better people.

Old 05-21-2022, 04:05 PM

10,029 posts, read 9,503,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily76 View Post
I don't believe and think anything about UFOs are fake.
Well, maybe so. But it would certainly explain the presence of Nancy Pelosi here on earth.

Old 05-21-2022, 05:19 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
While I personally have no opinion on what UFOs are, this particular skeptic rationale is flawed.

You are confidently asserting what aliens cannot do based on our current capabilities. The universe is nearly 14 billion yrs old, our species is about 100-200k yrs old and our civilization is only around 10k yrs. It makes no sense to reference our current capabilities when speculating about civilizations thousands or millions of years older.

Besides if some intelligence is coming here from light years away, they arent likely doing it with chemical propulsion at all, but with the ability to manipulate gravity and space-time.
Here's the fantasy argument that I mentioned. You can support anything at all if you leverage as-yet undiscovered or proven physics. This is the science fiction justification for UFOs being aliens. Of course I made my argument based on a number of known engineering solutions. That's how rationality works. You follow steps of the known to try to explain an unknow. It's not skepticism. Of course I understand that we are not all knowing. Science progresses, technology progresses ... obvious but using the "and then a miracle occurs" step in your theorem is not science, it's not rational it's fantasy. Indulge in it if you like. Until proven otherwise I'm sticking with special relativity. I'll remain a rational NO on aliens until science changes or I wake up with one half of my face sunburned, my butt's been probed and it's not Tuesday night.

Old 05-21-2022, 05:35 PM

2,039 posts, read 853,545 times
Real! 110% real. I’ve read, studied, followed every documented and known case of UFOs, aliens, multiple dimensions, wormholes, space travel, time and space, the energy of space, a.k.a. God particles, dark matter, all of it. We are infants in this universe. There are intelligent life forms that have been traveling through multiple dimensions about this universe probably for billions of years. The human mind is not even capable of grasping 1% of what these beings are capable of. If we understood just the things we’ve seen it would be completely magical and virtually impossible given the current science that we know.

They’re real, they’ve been here for centuries, it’s nothing new.

Old 05-21-2022, 07:03 PM

16,075 posts, read 10,735,467 times
Okiedoke. There is stuff that is unexplainable. I have that in my fridge. I’m waiting for intelligent communication evidence. If there are alien visitors in UFOs flying around in some sort of coordinated effort they would need to communicate with each other but we have not intercepted any odd chatter or unidentified transmissions. There would be some detectable noise transmission when these things are sighted in groups or clusters. Even if they were some sort of alien drone there would be some sort of control instructions. Even navigational systems have to communicate.

Old 05-21-2022, 07:57 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Real! 110% real. I’ve read, studied, followed every documented and known case of UFOs, aliens, multiple dimensions, wormholes, space travel, time and space, the energy of space, a.k.a. God particles, dark matter, all of it. We are infants in this universe. There are intelligent life forms that have been traveling through multiple dimensions about this universe probably for billions of years. The human mind is not even capable of grasping 1% of what these beings are capable of. If we understood just the things we’ve seen it would be completely magical and virtually impossible given the current science that we know.

Tinfoil? Nikes? Check. Ready to go.

Old 05-21-2022, 08:04 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post

You are kidding right?

Old 05-21-2022, 09:46 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
That has been well reported for years. And not just once, and not just the United States. Think about it for a minute, it seems what ever these things are, are able to turn off and turn on specific weapon systems, at the same time leave the lights on without ever entering the building.
Yes, they have the power to disable our entire military if they wanted to...But they havent, in fact, they have not done anything remotely aggressive towards us...

Whatever they are, they prefer to stay in the shadows, even though they would wipe us out in 5 minutes. Has to be a reason for that.

What is most likely, they are part of a much larger world, that we are not aware of (citizens anyway), Govt probably had a good idea though. There must be laws governing these beings and what they are permitted to do in our world.

Old 05-21-2022, 09:50 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
You are kidding right?
What is so strange about that post, to make you ask if it was a joke?

The other poster was correct...we are puny little insects to these beings, our most advanced technology, compared to theirs, makes us look like cave man, dragging our knuckles around, we still rely on brute force for nearly everything in our world. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies