Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 11:46 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,694,388 times

Advertisements

I hear a lot of people COMPLAINING about the path America is going down...but where are the people willing to stand up to stop it?! (thats what I want to know).

And its going to take much more drastic measures that simply 'voting' for someone different...all out revolution is whats needed at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2021, 12:05 AM

29,919 posts, read 25,040,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I hear a lot of people COMPLAINING about the path America is going down...but where are the people willing to stand up to stop it?! (thats what I want to know).

And its going to take much more drastic measures that simply 'voting' for someone different...all out revolution is whats needed at this point.

The government will never allow that to happen, unless they can control the revolution. They tolerate Pantifa and BLM because their movements are clumsy and not very well thought out, therefore, they don't present much threat to the government's goals and objectives. The government definitely keeps a watchful eye on any right wing movements, and goes to great lengths to suppress and demonize radicalized right wing movements. Those clearly present a direct threat to the government and it's well being.

All out revolution is not going to be allowed to happen. We do have a political system where people can enact the changes they want to see.

Old 04-25-2021, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The government will never allow that to happen, unless they can control the revolution. They tolerate Pantifa and BLM because their movements are clumsy and not very well thought out, therefore, they don't present much threat to the government's goals and objectives. The government definitely keeps a watchful eye on any right wing movements, and goes to great lengths to suppress and demonize radicalized right wing movements. Those clearly present a direct threat to the government and it's well being.

All out revolution is not going to be allowed to happen. We do have a political system where people can enact the changes they want to see.
The citizens have the numbers advantage in our favor!

If 'enough' citizens really wanted this to stop, it could be stopped within days. (and there is nothing Govt or law enforcement could do about it).

Even if the regular military is called in..the citizens STILL have the numbers in our favor, Govt, military, law enforcement, doesnt even come close.

This is what we are required to do, if our govt should ever stop representing the will of the people, (they have stopped and that is very clear)...its now time for citizens to tell them NO.

Old 04-25-2021, 12:25 AM

29,919 posts, read 25,040,196 times
Quote:
The citizens have the numbers advantage in our favor!

If 'enough' citizens really wanted this to stop, it could be stopped within days. (and there is nothing Govt or law enforcement could do about it).

Even if the regular military is called in..the citizens STILL have the numbers in our favor, Govt, military, law enforcement, doesnt even come close.

This is what we are required to do, if our govt should ever stop representing the will of the people, (they have stopped and that is very clear)...its now time for citizens to tell them NO.

It's not difficult to put down an active revolution with drones. Anyone who thinks for a second they could do that without the military on their side would only be fooling themselves. Not unless they had an arsenal of drones themselves. Perhaps some rich folks could pull it off, but why would they? The rich are living better than ever.

The people thinking about revolution in the USA lack the brains, finances and gonads to pull off such a stunt. The people with the right qualities to lead such a revolution have no desire to, because they tend to be doing quite well here and have no reason to complain.

Old 04-25-2021, 01:00 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,691,272 times
Quote:

You go first.

Old 04-25-2021, 01:01 AM

9,488 posts, read 10,854,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Don't you really want for the United States of America to hold a constitutional convention, so it can turn into a Christian Right Theocracy? And God will bestow us with so many abundant blessings, that it will be an challenge to take them all in.
No that is not what I want. What I want may no longer be possible....I want a restoration of traditional American representative democracy. I want a legitimate government that is not based on corruption and election fraud. I want our basic freedoms outlined in our Bill of Rights respected. I want capitalism to remain our economic system as it has provided for our incredible prosperity. I want our country to return to its path towards a colorblind meritocracy. Identity politics should have no place in our society. I want a nation that respects local and states rights. Issues such as abortion law, marriage law, drug laws all should be decided by the states as our founding fathers would have expected them to be. Our nation would not be tearing itself apart if we respected the rights of states to determine their own laws based upon their local values rather then one side using the federal government as a club against the other. Our founding fathers designed our government to work in a country that everyone knew had major ideological differences within it even back then.

You are wrong to think the right wants a theocracy....it is tyranny that we most want to stop. We certainly are not interested in replacing leftist tyranny with a right wing tyranny. It is the left who wants to control people like that. We do not.

Old 04-25-2021, 01:05 AM

73,193 posts, read 62,899,418 times
For some people, America has always offered chaos. Tulsa, Rosewood, Red Summer 1919, the Reconstruction-era violence, riots of the 1960s.

Old 04-25-2021, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
At this point, a true game-changer that would turn this disgusting, failing Empire around
is a distinct impossibility............too gone, too rotten.
The USA almost collapsed during the Civil War. This was almost 160 years ago. America is not doing as great as it should be, but it is still standing. And for some people, the American experience was rotten to the core going back to the beginning.

Old 04-25-2021, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
You go first.
Im like anyone else, my priority is quality of life and freedom...

But at the same time, I FULLY ADMIT THAT Im in the wrong 100%, (as an American citizen)...

As an American citizen, I SHOULD be doing everything I can to remove this govt from power.(my quality of life or freedom should not come before the security of the nation) This is why America won her independence in the first place...LOTS of people put the interest of the new nation FIRST, their quality of life was not the priority).

Its also why Im not celebrating or recognizing Independence Day anymore, ( I dont think todays citizens are entitled to celebrate that, and its not warranted given the type of Govt we have in place).

Old 04-25-2021, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Im like anyone else, my priority is quality of life and freedom...

But at the same time, I FULLY ADMIT THAT Im in the wrong 100%, (as an American citizen)...

As an American citizen, I SHOULD be doing everything I can to remove this govt from power.(my quality of life or freedom should not come before the security of the nation) This is why America won her independence in the first place...LOTS of people put the interest of the new nation FIRST, their quality of life was not the priority).

Its also why Im not celebrating or recognizing Independence Day anymore, ( I dont think todays citizens are entitled to celebrate that, and its not warranted given the type of Govt we have in place).
For some of us, our true Independence Day is not 4th of July. My people were slaves and would remain slaves until 1865.

As a Black person in America, this is how I see things. 1965-Now is the most free Black people have ever been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies