Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2021, 08:45 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I see you are still ignoring your lying eyes. So why didn't the heavily armed cops on her side of the door take action? Well apart from casually walking away that is?

At least you aren't pretending she was armed anymore, so that's progress.
What heavily armed cops were on her side of the door.

Old 04-28-2021, 09:05 PM

6,014 posts, read 3,739,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
So, tell us WHY the police didn't MOW DOWN 10000's of Rioters who burned down and looted BILLIONS during the BLM n ANTIFA riots !
I don't know, but I would guess that it's probably because the mayors of these cities (which are predominantly Democrat controlled) gave orders not to shoot. I'll bet that if the cops had been given permission to shoot if the rioters crossed certain boundaries, there would have been FAR less rioting, burning, and destruction... just like the shooting of this one intruder pretty much stopped the assault on the Capitol dead in its tracks.

Old 04-28-2021, 09:06 PM

929 posts, read 304,447 times
Quote:
I'd like to see that...where did you find this info?

(thumbs up by officer)???

A man has been arrested for breaking the glass to at least the door, and possibly the window she attempted to. crawl through was also broken by him.

Yes, either it was an all clear signal to the LEO who fired the shot( he would be able to see in because of the broken glass ) , or to someone else between him and the door. He appeared from what would have been behind Ashli.

However my strongest objection is the cover up. Just today, in a different case Lawyers were demanding the release of body cam video on Constitutional grounds for the shooting in North Carolina . Congress has put a cloak of immunity over the Capitol Police, and even if Republicans helped make it so it is a disgrace. Constitutional Rights don’t apply to Ashli?

I keep saying, she was shot dead by a representative of the Us Government, and due process is not in place. That appears to me to be Unconstitutional.

Last edited by Speegleagle; 04-28-2021 at 09:41 PM..

Old 04-28-2021, 09:29 PM

23,634 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
If she were coming in BY HERSELF, this one woman, with no one behind her, it's likely she wouldn't have been killed. As it was, she was the first of a huge raging mob to attempt to breach the bulwark.

The group coming in was a deadly threat to our elected officials. She was the first coming in through the window. If it had been someone else, of a different demographic coming in first, they would have been shot dead instead of her. Somehow, unbelievably, she didn't heed the warnings not to proceed with guns pointed at her.

Killing her, stopped the mob in its tracks. To not recognize this dynamic, of mobs on offense, and think she herself should have been let in unharmed, you really miss a dynamic of mob terror and destruction. You can't let one smallish woman through and then cork off the flow that follows behind her.

And that's why the cop who shot her isn't facing charges. He did his job admirably.
If you're okay with that then you'd be okay if it were done to blm antifa, too, shoot them down and stop the mobs in their tracks.

Old 04-29-2021, 06:04 AM

1,904 posts, read 1,046,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
I don't know, but I would guess that it's probably because the mayors of these cities (which are predominantly Democrat controlled) gave orders not to shoot. I'll bet that if the cops had been given permission to shoot if the rioters crossed certain boundaries, there would have been FAR less rioting, burning, and destruction... just like the shooting of this one intruder pretty much stopped the assault on the Capitol dead in its tracks.

IF YOU were MAYOR of 'any RIOT-TOWN USA' , would you have told the Police to shoot to kill rioters???

?

Old 04-29-2021, 06:18 AM

1,904 posts, read 1,046,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speegleagle View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don’t see Ashley “ kick their way through a window”
It appears others are doing that. And looking down the hallway, it is nearly empty before she attempts to crawl through.
Additionally, after she is shot, on the floor dying, a highly armed tactical officer appears from behind her, and gives a “ thumbs up” to an individual near the attempted break through point.

Lot’s of other issues. Many good reasons for a Lawsuit.

ONce again, i'd like to know where you got that information from?

What officer gave a thumbs up..??? Where...is there a video?

Old 04-29-2021, 06:35 AM

6,995 posts, read 2,711,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
There is no murder because she wasn't murdered.
She was unarmed. She was murdered.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:33 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,108,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
She was unarmed. She was murdered.
20/20 hindsight vision.

If someone broke into your home, would you ask first if they are armed?

If an unarmed person rushed the President, I would fully expect the secret service behave in the same manner.

Threaten a person under armed protection in a breached government installation, I fully expect the same outcome.

Last edited by usayit; 04-29-2021 at 07:42 AM..

Old 04-29-2021, 07:37 AM

Quote:
IF YOU were MAYOR of 'any RIOT-TOWN USA' , would you have told the Police to shoot to kill rioters???

?
If the police were tasked with the protection of high ranking government officials and rioters threatened them, yes. The capitol police officer's role is different from a street officer in that they are a protection unit not only a peace keeping one.

If you compare the mission statements between DC Metro police and Capitol Police they are different.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Saying this as a Republican...

Every moron who participated in that idiotic event deserved to get mowed down.

That loser made a stupid decision and paid the price. Good riddance.

Those morons made all Republicans look bad.... The more sane ones distance themselves from that group, the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies