Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 03:35 AM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times

Advertisements

suzy - you have your opinion and others don't agree with you. To think you are changing anyone's mind is ridiculous as it's ridiculous for us to change your mind.

The fact that Thalidomide was never approved in the US does not negate the fact that this "Covid vaccine" was pushed through quickly and the clinical trials that would have been done and may have revealed future effects - weren't done. We have no idea what may come down the road.

As a matter of fact - samples of Thalidomide were distributed in the US in clinical trials while waiting approval from the FDA.

Here's a link as you love to provide those:

https://usthalidomide.org/our-story-...ide-babies-us/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2021, 08:39 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Start reading your local obituaries and you'll see many 20, 30, 40 and 50 somethings suddenly passing away or dying unexpectedly. These are people who got vaccinated. Facebook must be doing gymnastics censoring the " I got my shot" posts and then having their death notices.
Source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Two doctors and five or six nurses told me that many of the deaths attributed to Covid were actually from another condition. If a patient dies, tests positive, they put cause of death as Covid. Why? Hospitals get a lot more money!
Why is anyone still floating this falsehood? Amazing.

Old 05-04-2021, 06:08 PM

1,094 posts, read 499,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
suzy - you have your opinion and others don't agree with you. To think you are changing anyone's mind is ridiculous as it's ridiculous for us to change your mind.

The fact that Thalidomide was never approved in the US does not negate the fact that this "Covid vaccine" was pushed through quickly and the clinical trials that would have been done and may have revealed future effects - weren't done. We have no idea what may come down the road.

As a matter of fact - samples of Thalidomide were distributed in the US in clinical trials while waiting approval from the FDA.

Yeah that's how a lot of us feel and why the COVID vaccines have been way too rushed, at least the mrna vaccines which are using such new tech that hasn't been used like this in people before, esp on this scale. Thalidomide had the same sort of frantic push to get it to market, Big Pharma corporations teaming up with government and the media everywhere insisting it was safe. The US just got lucky that we had a determined official at FDA then who refused to be corrupted. In fact I'd say even better examples are of drugs that turned out to be very dangerous that did make it through the FDA due to all the corruption and control of regulators the corporations eventually got, and Pfizer has been one of the more corrupt companies in pushing it's things through.

Anyone remember fen phen? The diet drug? For years the industry and FDA insisted it was safe, and the media and even some politicians joined in. And then we found out it was killing thousands of people. Same with that pain relief drug that Merck made, Viox, again years and years of claims it was safe until it was also found to be killing people. And the opioid epidemic? Same for a bunch of vaccines that got claimed to be safe. There was that swine flu vaccine that wound up causing Guillan Barre syndrome in the 1970's that my Army buddy got sick from, and then there was the anthrax vaccine for the Iraq War that we supposedly "needed" for a threat that didn't exist (just like the other weapons of mass destruction), and made our soldiers and veterans sick. And some here wonder why we don't trust the government, FDA or especially pharmaceutical corporations to have our best interests? They lost our trust decades ago because they violated that trust repeatedly.

Old 05-04-2021, 06:11 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,578,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corascant View Post
Yeah that's how a lot of us feel and why the COVID vaccines have been way too rushed, at least the mrna vaccines which are using such new tech that hasn't been used like this in people before, esp on this scale.
How long does something have to be used before it is no longer too new?
How many people was it used on before?
What is the correct number of people?

And the zinger... what experience/education do you have in vaccine development to "feel this way" about them?

Old 05-04-2021, 06:14 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Source?

Why is anyone still floating this falsehood? Amazing.
Good luck getting an answer.

Old 05-05-2021, 11:47 AM

4,025 posts, read 1,878,692 times
The vaccine has been out for a year now. How long did you want to wait? How much data do you need? Two years?
10?

Old 05-05-2021, 01:29 PM

1,706 posts, read 637,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
The vaccine has been out for a year now. How long did you want to wait? How much data do you need? Two years?
10?
I doubt the anti-vaxxers would ever be satisfied, regardless of how long it took.

Old 05-05-2021, 01:34 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post

Google-copy-pastes a lot of garbage that never supports the questions it 'pretends' to answer.

Like where's the clinical study? Response is a google-copy-paste link to USA Today.

Waiting to see links to national enquirer.... and it is losing the battle of brainwashing ... kinda fun to see playing out in real time. So many more people are asking questions ... it's nice to see.

Old 05-05-2021, 01:36 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteVirtue View Post
I doubt the anti-vaxxers would ever be satisfied, regardless of how long it took.
For an illnesss with a 99% recovery rate?

If that's your barometer for illnesses that need a vaccine, you need to roll up your sleeves and get about 4 million more vaccines to "protect" you for all those illnesses that have a 99% recovery rate.

Old 05-05-2021, 01:46 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,826,754 times
How does it feel for you people who live in constant, eternal fear over everything that happens? Is life even worth living that way? And do any of you think you are going to live forever?

I live with about a 25% chance of developing cancer and probably close to that for several other of the "biggies." Every day, that chance looms and hangs over my head. Why should a less than one percent chance of dying of covid freak me out when the mortality rate is minuscule for me compared to other diseases?

If I wanted to live my life in fear under a rock, statistically I should be most afraid of cancer. But the thing is, I refuse to live in that kind of fear because that kind of life is not worth living. It would be less stressful to just put a gun to my head and pull the trigger. We all die at some point. I'm not going to chew my fingernails off worrying about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies