Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 12:46 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
You didn't? Define anti-vaxxers.
A movement of people who throw out one lie after another to discredit vaccines. An example is linking certain vaccines to autism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2021, 12:53 PM

2,335 posts, read 815,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
A movement of people who throw out one lie after another to discredit vaccines. An example is linking certain vaccines to autism.
Ok, well that's not exactly a generic term. And it can encompass a wide variety of people (it's certainly not "plain English"). For some, that would include people that have taken vaccines all their lives but are uncomfortable with this one.

And then there's the question of what is legitimate info to be concerned about that is just brushed aside by people only using the sources they get their confirmation bias from. They in turn dismiss the information that doesn't fit their viewpoint, showing their intellectual rigidity and close-mindedness.

You do realize science comes about from asking question after question after question and is ever changing?

Old 05-09-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Ok, well that's not exactly a generic term. And it can encompass a wide variety of people (it's certainly not "plain English"). For some, that would include people that have taken vaccines all their lives but are uncomfortable with this one.

And then there's the question of what is legitimate info to be concerned about that is just brushed aside by people only using the sources they get their confirmation bias from. They in turn dismiss the information that doesn't fit their viewpoint, showing their intellectual rigidity and close-mindedness.

You do realize science comes about from asking question after question after question and is ever changing?
You need to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff like I said before. I'm quite satisfied with the results of the studies with both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. Nothing you do has zero risk. 99% of people should be getting the vaccine. The risks of Covid exponentially outweigh the risks from covid-19.

There's a point where you have to stop researching and act.

Old 05-09-2021, 01:12 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corascant View Post
Too many of the COVID vaccine boosters are like this, they resort to arrogant dismissal and shaming instead of calmly making arguments. Some at least try to address issues, but some insufferable. It's funny because most of us aren't anti-vaxx, we're just unsre about the COVID19 vaccines due to how they got rushed out, but these dogmatic types irritate us so much they've probably done more than anything to turn off the rest of us from getting vaccinated.
Quote:
Yep, agree 100%. I mentioned awhile back that many of these posters don't really seem to have an end goal. You would think they'd want to try and convince people to actually get vaccinated. Instead they're antagonistic with anyone that doesn't march in lockstep with them. If anything, they're pissing people off to a point where they have no intention of getting a shot and simply want to flip them off. There's nothing wrong whatsoever with wanting to be cautious.
Oh dear, it seems The Anti-Vaccine Influencers Who Are Merely Asking Questions don't like being exposed.

Did someone strike a nerve in the anti-science and anti-vax aggressors assembly? You seem upset that some posters ----who have been providing credible sources, and documentation, and reasonable explanations of the scientific findings and data from our public health experts, and esteemed scientists for hundreds of pages---have grown weary of the endless games and pseudo-science scenarios & "faux-questions" redundantly and disingenuously posed in the effort to sabotage our vaccines, and nation's goal of ending the pandemic.

The ladies doth protest too much, methinks. You folks have no intention of getting the vaccine and most everyone on this thread is aware of that. Your agenda is clear and it certainly is not to be a part of the solution to our pandemic and the myriad issues it creates.

You are irritated? Annoyed that many have decided to quit following you down your rabbit holes? How do you think our heroic scientists, epidemiologist & immunologists, our dedicated medical experts and scientific professionals feel? You know, those who battle the deadly pandemic that is crushing our health and threatening our economic and national security? Who have tirelessly worked on behalf of mankind's welfare? Who now must struggle against disinformation and propaganda and ignorant opinion from those who relentlessly seek to undermine the vaccines and solutions to this huge global problem?

The evidence is overwhelming that the vaccine is safe and is working to curb the spread, infections, hospitalizations and death. Many have posted this, with supporting documentation, myself included. If folks feel there is no need for them to partake of these rigorously tested, marvelous gifts from science, well then, ok. No judgement on the individual decision. But those who incessantly and deliberately attempt to scare others and prevent others from partaking by using intentional science distortion, repetitive and debunked conspiracies and baseless opinions...well that is reprehensible and cruel and wrong. That should be judged. And it is time to call out this aggressive operation by the vaccine vandalizers and that seems to rub you the wrong way.

Hmmmmm, wonder why?

Last edited by corpgypsy; 05-09-2021 at 01:25 PM..

Old 05-09-2021, 01:12 PM

Quote:
You need to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff like I said before. I'm quite satisfied with the results of the studies with both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. Nothing you do has zero risk. 99% of people should be getting the vaccine. The risks of Covid exponentially outweigh the risks from covid-19.

There's a point where you have to stop researching and act.
And all your comment says to me is you intend to disregard any information that does not agree with the studies you've seen, despite the fact that protocols for this virus have changed throughout and vaccines have been temporarily pulled from the market due to adverse reactions. That's fine, but understand that's fairly close minded itself and some of us actually want anything of that type researched. Personally, I see myself in no eminent danger so I'm in no rush. If you are, more power to you.

Old 05-09-2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:
And all your comment says to me is you intend to disregard any information that does not agree with the studies you've seen, despite the fact that protocols for this virus have changed throughout and vaccines have been temporarily pulled from the market due to adverse reactions. That's fine, but understand that's fairly close minded itself and some of us actually want anything of that type researched. Personally, I see myself in no eminent danger so I'm in no rush. If you are, more power to you.
You're an anti vaxxer please don't accuse me of being like you. Myself and my wife with diabetes and CKD have both gotten the vaccine. It was a no brainer.

Tens of thousands of Americans have already died due to anti maskers, anti vaxxers are following in their wake. Don't get the vaccine if you don't want it but stop spreading ignorance.

Last edited by whogo; 05-09-2021 at 01:36 PM..

Old 05-09-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
You're an anti vaxxer please don't accuse me of being like you. My wife with diabetes and CKD have both gotten the vaccine. It was a no brainer.
Uh huh. So there you go...your true colors have shown. No different than the rest. The name calling does get old.

Old 05-09-2021, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Oh dear, it seems The Anti-Vaccine Influencers Who Are Merely Asking Questions don't like being exposed.

Did someone strike a nerve in the anti-science and anti-vax aggressors assembly? You seem upset that some posters ----who have been providing credible sources, and documentation, and reasonable explanations of the scientific findings and data from our public health experts, and esteemed scientists for hundreds of pages---have grown weary of the endless games and pseudo-science scenarios & "faux-questions" redundantly posed in the effort to sabotage our vaccines and nation's goal to end the pandemic.

The ladies doth protest too much, methinks. You folks have no intention of getting the vaccine and most everyone on this thread is aware of that. Your agenda is clear and it certainly is not to be a part of the solution to our pandemic and the myriad issues it creates.

You are irritated? How do you think our heroic scientists, epidemiologist & immunologists, our dedicated medical experts and scientific professionals feel? You know, those who battle the deadly pandemic that is crushing our health and threatening our economic and national security? Who now must struggle against disinformation and propaganda and ignorant opinion from those who relentlessly seek to undermine the vaccines and solutions to this huge global problem?

The evidence is overwhelming that the vaccine is safe and is working to curb the spread, infections, hospitalizations and death. Many have posted this, with supporting documentation, myself included. If folks feel there is no need for them to partake of these rigorously tested, marvelous gifts from science, well then, ok. No judgement on the individual decision. But those who incessantly and deliberately attempt to scare others and prevent others from partaking by using intentional science distortion, repetitive and debunked conspiracies and baseless opinions...well that is reprehensible and cruel and wrong. That should be judged. And it is time to call out this aggressive operation by the vaccine vandalizers and that seems to rub you the wrong way.

Hmmmmm, wonder why?
Yawn. Another one that just can't help himself. You're the one that always seems to have to resort to name calling and insults. And you validate both comments you quoted without either of us having to say anything else.

Old 05-09-2021, 01:29 PM

On the internet the bat**** crazy can gather together and not be seen like the nutcase at the bar spouting flat earth theories.

Old 05-09-2021, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Uh huh. So there you go...your true colors have shown. No different than the rest. The name calling does get old.
You're right. Im rational, like the large majority of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies