Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 06:54 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Wow all that and not one source given to back up such ridiculous claims. I see nothing but opinions and speculation here. No facts are present. So easy for you to spew out misinformation without even giving one piece of data to back up that nonsense you spit out on a daily basis. Are you even capable of providing reliable information?
The only thing I see that isn't true is point 4, and I am not familiar enough on point 6 to say one way or another.

- Fact, these vaccines are experimental and no one knows the long term effects. True - It is being used under emergency use authorization. We will not know for 10-20 years if there are any long term side affects.
- Fact, the death rate from Covid is less than 1%.. mostly above 60 and over weight. True
- Fact, the experimental vaccine does not work to stop the spread of corona. True again - you can still get and spread covid even if vaccinated.
- Fact, the experimental vaccine does not keep you safe from hospitalization or death.
- Fact, the experimental vaccine does not allow you to return to normal.. you still need a mask. True - Masks are mostly to protect others with about a 20% reduction in your chance of getting it if exposed.
- Fact, even with the experimental vaccine the CDC says we will not reach heard immunity.
- Fact, there are many people who cannot get the experimental vaccine due to health issues. Partially true - there are "some" who can't because of health issues but the majority of poeple don't fall under this.
- Fact, there are many people the experimental vaccine will not protect... immunosuppressed. Partially true - Again a few people fall under this but does not apply to the masses.
- Fact, Fauci admits he lies about things to manipulate the people... the people have seen many lies from the medical community... it is the medical community that lies to achieve a purpose. Maybe and partially true and false - I think some have lied but not out of malice, more out of emotion. Others just said what they knew to be true at the time but our knowledge keeps getting updated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2021, 06:59 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You're so all out wrong on most points that it's pitiful. The current covid vaccines are no longer experimental. They were successfully tried out on animals and so advanced to human test subjects over a year ago until approved by the FDA for emergency use. Do you know of any of those first human test subjects having dropped dead? No? No wonder. Most serious side effects from new vaccines are found out within several months.

Tell me something, Arya Stark, do you not realize that back in November that Alex Jones during a talk he gave in front of the Georgia Guidestones Monument declared that the coming mRNA vaccines would turn you into a GMO creature? He has been wrong on so many other things, such as declaring the Sandy Hook mass shooting a staged hoax. Just last Thursday, the loud, highly emotional tirade Jones let loose against the covid vaccines was just beyond irrational and totally untrue. It takes a profoundly gullible fool to take him seriously!
You understand that no one in the placebo group has died, either?

The trial actual shows that the vaccine is not necessary.

Old 05-10-2021, 07:01 AM

30,168 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Something does not add up here. The American public will believe anything and everything.
500,000 new cases this week. 1% of which are vaccinated people. Who make up about 50% of the public.

That means the vaccine is 99% effective, not 95% as claimed. An amazing success of science and medicine.

Thank you for those numbers. Makes me feel every better I got the vaccine.

And for those Trump voters afraid of the vaccine. Remember Donald J Trump got the vaccine. Let that sink in for a minute.

Old 05-10-2021, 08:39 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,406,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
The only thing I see that isn't true is point 4, and I am not familiar enough on point 6 to say one way or another.

- Fact, these vaccines are experimental and no one knows the long term effects. True - It is being used under emergency use authorization. We will not know for 10-20 years if there are any long term side affects.
This is simply pure speculation. We know from past vaccines that long term effects are extremely rare. We have the Johnson and Johnson vaccine that is a traditional vaccine which the base technology of that vaccine has been around since 2014 and that base technology has already been approved in the Ebola vaccine.

Quote:
- Fact, the experimental vaccine does not work to stop the spread of corona. True again - you can still get and spread covid even if vaccinated.
Flat out false statement. The vaccines stop the spread at a rate of over 90%. Real world data shows this. Just look at Israel. https://t.co/VZs4yE472m?amp=1

Quote:
- Fact, the experimental vaccine does not keep you safe from hospitalization or death.
False statement- Asymptomatic infection reduced 92%
Severe illness, hospitalization, and death reduced 97%

https://t.co/VZs4yE472m?amp=1

Quote:
- Fact, the experimental vaccine does not allow you to return to normal.. you still need a mask. True - Masks are mostly to protect others with about a 20% reduction in your chance of getting it if exposed.
Another false statement. Look at Israel:
Since mid-Jan peak:

99% fewer cases (now ~5 daily cases per million)
98% fewer critically ill (now ~0.4 daily per million)
98% fewer deaths (now ~0.2 daily per million)

Life is back to normal, very few restrictions remain

Quote:
- Fact, even with the experimental vaccine the CDC says we will not reach heard immunity.
- Fact, there are many people who cannot get the experimental vaccine due to health issues. Partially true - there are "some" who can't because of health issues but the majority of poeple don't fall under this.
You only need a certain percentage to reach herd immunity, not everyone needs to be vaccinated. Look at Israel- Israel went from 95 to 0.5 cases /100,000 people with 58% of population 1st dose (54%, 2nd dose) So this statements is once again false.

Quote:
- Fact, there are many people the experimental vaccine will not protect... immunosuppressed. Partially true - Again a few people fall under this but does not apply to the masses.
Source, I don't see anywhere that this is a factual statement.

Old 05-10-2021, 09:04 AM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times
The CDC will stop counting breakthrough covid cases unless they end up in the hospital and/or die.
I guess too many are catching it a second time to be bothered to count ??

Several medical researchers voiced their disagreement with the CDC saying that all data is important and that all breakthrough cases should be counted.

It's not what they tell you.....it's what they don't tell you.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...ugh-cases.html

Old 05-10-2021, 09:48 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,406,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The CDC will stop counting breakthrough covid cases unless they end up in the hospital and/or die.
I guess too many are catching it a second time to be bothered to count ??

Several medical researchers voiced their disagreement with the CDC saying that all data is important and that all breakthrough cases should be counted.

It's not what they tell you.....it's what they don't tell you.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...ugh-cases.html
The data says breakthrough cases are rare:
2 new studies of health care workers with frequent covid testing document rarity of symptomatic or asymptomatic "breakthrough" infections, with unvaccinated controls

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2779854
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2779853

Old 05-10-2021, 10:17 AM

Still waiting for clinical trial mortality data.

How many people in the placebo groups have died because they "didn't get the vaccine?"

Old 05-10-2021, 10:22 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Response: Opinion

The mortality rate for the Unites States are not adding up.
The death rate has consistently risen on average by .100
since 2013 and consistently hovered around 8% since

Year..........Death Rate
2020........ 8.880

Which leads to the next question?

Will I allow big pharma to turn me into a Human GMO ?
I'll follow the Science and say No Thank you.
First you have to make sure the info you are looking at is actually the SCIENCE....seems you may have been misinformed.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-s/3927190001/
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...0%20population.
From 2019 to 2020, the estimated age-adjusted death rate increased by 15.9%, from 715.2 to 828.7 deaths per 100,000 population.

Old 05-10-2021, 10:40 AM

4,025 posts, read 1,878,692 times
How many people in the placebo groups have died because they "didn't get the vaccine?"

What's your point? This isn't about death (mainly) and never was. The longer you (Wrongly) focus on the death count (vaccinated or not) the more you miss the boat on the things the smart people in charge actually care about.

It's about resources - nothing else (mainly).

So - in regard to dead folks in the placebo group - I'll assume you mean dead from COVID, as I'm certain many died of other causes, just as in the vaccinated group. From covid, since just 100 or so people got it, I'll guess 1 died, maybe 2 or 3, or maybe 0.

This just goes to show - the point was not to prevent death. Nope. It was to prevent overwhelming the health care system with symptomatic seriously ill people. That's it. By showing that the number of infections will be reduce by 95%, all other things being equal (which they aren't) - then we should be out of this mess soon.

It's NOT equal, though, mainly because vaccinated folks get seriously ill less often, so it's even better than a 95% reduction in hospitalizations. And also - because 95% of people won't really be asymptomatic spreaders, the chances of ANYONE getting it are ALSO reduced, by more than the advertised amount.

But - anyway - it does matter how many died. It simply does not.

Old 05-10-2021, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
500,000 new cases this week. 1% of which are vaccinated people. Who make up about 50% of the public.

That means the vaccine is 99% effective, not 95% as claimed. An amazing success of science and medicine.

Thank you for those numbers. Makes me feel every better I got the vaccine.

And for those Trump voters afraid of the vaccine. Remember Donald J Trump got the vaccine. Let that sink in for a minute.
Which vaccine are you talking about?

There are multiple vaccines.

Are they identifying which vaccine people have received?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies