Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 06:23 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,711,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Nicely described, but I think that it's not accurate to describe Trump as an authoritarian, as he has no authority on anything. Any power he wields is just a fantasy of the numbskulls who blindly follow him. There will come a time, probably within the next year, when it will all turn to dust and they will be left flailing around, with nowhere to turn. Will they be dangerous to the rest of us? We can only hope they have no more substance to their threats than there is to their principles.
^^^Eloquent.

And, you are correct. I should have used wanna- be- autocrat, or failed fascist- leaning fool. Thanks! Too late to edit I'm afraid.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 05-13-2021 at 07:50 AM..

Old 05-13-2021, 10:48 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
I should have used wanna- be- autocrat, or failed fascist- leaning fool.
Yep, Trump loved being in charge and receiving praise for being in charge and taking credit for anything he could that happened that was good and refusing to take responsibility for anything that happened that was bad. Actual autocrats cannot do the latter, they have to be mindful of how the people see their decision making so they do not rebel against the leader. Trump was a empty suit on most issues and enough people saw that to kick him out.

Old 05-13-2021, 11:15 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Sure, if you think conservative "suburban women" are easily manipulated with canned anti-male quips left over from the early days of pantsuit fem-rage.

Helen Reddy called, she wants her duplicity back!
No....the GOP kicking out a female with one of the most conservative records in congress only for driving home that there was no election fraud will not go over well with women. Especially because it's one man that made her eviction possible. Not going to go over well at all.

Old 05-13-2021, 11:21 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
No....the GOP kicking out a female with one of the most conservative records in congress only for driving home that there was no election fraud will not go over well with women. Especially because it's one man that made her eviction possible. Not going to go over well at all.
she is not ousted because she is not loyal to trump... and she is no conservative.....she is ousted because she comes from a long line of neo-cons/libs

carter, daddy bush, Clinton, wbush, darth cheney, susan rice, and joe biden… all mentored by far left globalist liberal Zbigniew Brzezinski

Old 05-13-2021, 11:40 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,554,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
she is not ousted because she is not loyal to trump... and she is no conservative.....she is ousted because she comes from a long line of neo-cons/libs

carter, daddy bush, Clinton, wbush, darth cheney, susan rice, and joe biden… all mentored by far left globalist liberal Zbigniew Brzezinski
What and Trump isn't one also

Old 05-13-2021, 11:41 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,889 times
Quote:

She voted with Trump 93% of the time......and gets the boot because she hurt the little orange man's feelings.

Old 05-13-2021, 12:54 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,711,302 times
Quote:
Oh dear, I hope you recanted this statement somewhere along the thread, after you posted it, otherwise your cheeks will be burning into the next election. Actually, I am embarrassed for you.

Oops, I see you didn't...ouch!

Old 05-13-2021, 12:59 PM

13,460 posts, read 4,297,780 times
Where was the WSJ defending Tulsi Gabbard? " Democrat Party deserves to be in minority if Gabbard is punished and forced out of the party"

I forgot, Tulsi is against the current war and more wars, Liz isn't, she is for more. WSJ reminded me they pushed for the wars. Is not like they are a neutral honest party here.

Old 05-13-2021, 01:10 PM

5,984 posts, read 2,239,391 times
Personally, I have yet to meet a Republican that has ever liked the party's direction since 2000.

How many Republicans agreed with being the Savior and Liberator of the world under George W. Bush?
Who really wanted Mitt Romney in 2012?
Who actually wanted any of the Establishment candidates in 2016? Hence why Trump won.

Now the party fractured itself over Trump in 2020 and continues today. Republicans need to evaluate what their platform is beyond bumper stickers, then find people that actually mirror that platform. Republicans cling to personality and name recognition far too much and do not stand on getting their platforms passed.

What is the infrastructure plan?
What is the healthcare plan?
What to do with National debt?
How do you curb the deficit?
Should the Fed continue bailing out big business and have so much power over the economy?
How do we reduce our dependence on manufacturing in China?
How much military spending is necessary versus spending on Domestic issues that need addressing?

Get some actual real answers and policy to run on and not just scream BUY MERICAN or screw China. That is great and all but it doesn't change the trajectory of the country.

I give Republicans a hard time because I believe we need a counter to Overly Left ideas as I am a firm believer that the country is Middle of the road with lean either way depending on the times. The Presidental election of 2020 illustrates this as I can honestly say I have never met anyone who wholeheartedly loved the idea of Biden as President, they just gave up on Trump and the daily circus from Washington.

The country voted to hit the Big Red Stop button in 2020 that is all. The public is tired of voting personality and wants stuff to get done. 40 years of arguing about the same issues that never get fixed are coming to an end as newer generations do not seem interested in the same arguments since the 1970s and 1980s.

Old 05-13-2021, 02:12 PM

13,460 posts, read 4,297,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Your false equivalencies---heck let's just call them what they are. Your phony & manufactured what-aboutisms are tiresome. For the umpteenth time, dear, Tulsi Gabbard decided not to seek re-election because she was running for POTUS in the DEMOCRATIC PARTY primaries. She was not forced out of the Democratic Party. Heck she was the Vice-Chair of the DNC up until until she resigned to campaign for one of the candidates in 2016. smack:

You are fixated on an ignorantly absurd talking point---designed to divert attention from the GOP's decision to jettison American values--- that even far-right-wing media and the Trump-LIE-Can Party themselves abandoned, almost instantly, due to its idiocy. Clearly you did not get the memo.

you are full of B.S Gabbard was FORCED out of the party by calling her a RUSSIAN ASSET. A war veteran that gave her life to fight the B.S. wars that the establishment Democrats who are back in power keep lying about and defending.

Tulsi was the ONLY Democrat that won delegates that wasn't invited to the 2020 Democrat convention because the party wanted her gone. A war veteran that took on the lies of Biden, Hillary and even Kamala on prison reform.

Tulsi decided not to run for re-election because the party attacked her and didn't support her to return to the party and instead threw the DNC money and support on Kai Kahele, a pro war Democrat.

When a party doesn't invite you to the convention when you actually won delegates, they call you a Russian asset and tells you they support another Democrat opposed to your foreign policy your seat, those are real signs that you are being forced out. What part of that did I lied or made up?

You are just ignorantly in denial to defend a party. You don't have to be FIRED for a company to forced you out. Companies forces people to quit by giving them 2 bad choices, stay and fight a big mountain to climb or quit and turn the page. This is how ignorant your argument is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies