Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump or DeSantis 2024?
Donald Trump 36 13.24%
Ron DeSantis 140 51.47%
Not sure/either is fine 23 8.46%
I prefer a Democrat or another Republican 73 26.84%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2021, 10:37 AM

14,831 posts, read 7,449,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Exactly. And Pence was widely regarded as more conservative than Trump, he was the linchpin between Trump and the Evangelical vote. We even had Republicans here saying that liberals should prefer Trump to remain president, because Pence would be worse for them! Pence's credentials were unassailable.

Today's golden boy is tomorrow's scum of the earth. People here are actually referring to him as a RINO, and they were chanting to kill him on January 6.

I recall Georgia's governor Kemp to be highly favored at one time too. Something happened ...

The way Republicans work is simple: process of elimination. Trump eliminates potential rivals and the sheeple follow along. Hell, Trump eliminated the party platform and they didn't bat an eye. They actually do not know what their party stands for. Astonishing.
Right now it stands for Donald Trump. At this point for the people still on the Trump train it’s just a cult of personality so it doesn’t matter what the leader says, whatever he says is the policy. Now, hopefully more Rs will come to understand Trump’s criminality, his treason, and his complete nonviability as an electoral candidate in 2024 and at any time in the future, and then they can explore other options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2021, 11:43 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,083,328 times
With the leftist media machine hammering at DeSantis like that 60 minute interview that was edited like crazy to create a bad boy image, I don't think a republican can win anymore. The left is just too strong with that media machine of theirs.

Old 06-27-2021, 12:55 PM

14,831 posts, read 7,449,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
With the leftist media machine hammering at DeSantis like that 60 minute interview that was edited like crazy to create a bad boy image, I don't think a republican can win anymore. The left is just too strong with that media machine of theirs.
I honestly don’t know if DeSantis can win either but I do think it would be closer than 2020 was.

Old 06-27-2021, 01:15 PM

35,814 posts, read 21,204,023 times
Disantis won’t last. People keep dying in his state.

Old 06-27-2021, 01:59 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,748,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
It’s plain as day that the Biden administration is a failure and needs to go.

However I’m torn. Should Trump or Ron DeSantis be the next President? I’m inclined to support Trump again, but perhaps DeSantis has more crossover appeal.

Who would you rather have?

Neither one will be President. You Trumpists still haven't wrapped your collective heads around the reasons why he lost the last election. And because DeSantis is a Trump wannabe, he won't get anywhere near the White House.

Old 06-27-2021, 02:34 PM

21,427 posts, read 7,502,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
... I’m inclined to support Trump again, but perhaps DeSantis has more crossover appeal.
There is no crossover appeal.

However, DeSantis is perceived to be more honest.

Every governor of every state and territory is perceived to be more honest, that is out of Republicans and Democrats alike.

Every Senator likewise.

DeSantis would not get many crossover votes in this polarized society, but he has a chance of avoiding some of the reaction opposition Trump got, the ordinarily disconnected citizens who were so appalled by Trump they voted for the first time (or one of the few times). It is possible some of them will revert to their older practice of sitting out elections. It could be worth a couple of percentage points.

Old 06-27-2021, 03:12 PM

14,980 posts, read 9,902,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Disantis won’t last. People keep dying in his state.
Like Cuomo in NY? or just in general? A drive by comment from a DeSantis hater, so it would appear.

You'll have to try and 'splain' that one.

Old 06-27-2021, 09:12 PM

82 posts, read 47,738 times
It is a fact that the Republicans have to face. Trump cannot win in the suburbs. He cannot win in Cobb County Georgia where we live. And I will never vote for him myself. Desantis can win in the suburbs. He can win here in Cobb County. The Republicans need to decide what they want. Red meat for the base or a candidate that can win the suburbs because that is where the next election will be won or lost.

Old 06-27-2021, 09:18 PM

32,189 posts, read 15,177,829 times
I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone, but only an idiot would vote for Trump again because he would lose.

Old 06-27-2021, 09:56 PM

1,770 posts, read 772,211 times
Please not Trump again. He is very divisive and not as stable or as polished as many would prefer in a national leader.

I understand that some of you deeply support his policies or stances on various topics, but he isn't the best "carpenter" to build a consensus on those topics for your party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies