Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2021, 08:43 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,259,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
no POTUS can ctl it. However, this is under Joe's admin. He needs to do something and fixes it. Base on US border crossing, we should see MSM downplaying it and Fed handing out $ and gas.
So that is the solution coming from the trump wing of the forum? I guess it could work.

Old 05-11-2021, 08:45 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,063,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
I don't know, this all feels very convenient. Especially with it happening around memorial day weekend. They just like messing with the people imo.

We discussed this in the automotive section at length.
Gas prices always rise in Spring due to their switching from winter to summer grades, which is required by federal environmental guidelines in the US.

Old 05-11-2021, 08:45 AM

1,958 posts, read 703,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Isn't Biden taking action? I'm reading lots of news reports saying so. FBI is working on it, white house working with the colonial..
"Over the weekend, the White House stood up an emergency working group to contend with potential energy supply issues and loosened rules on petroleum shipping on highways. Officials said Monday they were preparing for "multiple contingencies" should fuel supply be impacted by the shutdown of the pipeline, a precautionary decision meant to ensure its systems were not compromised. Colonial Pipeline said Monday evening that one of its fuel lines has restored service under manual control."

Are you saying this is untrue and Biden is doing nothing?
Do you think he should be doing more or doing something different?
I'm aware that there is so often criticism without any constructive thoughts attached. What are your constructive thoughts?
I just give out my thought. I am replying to "Wartrace" who said it had nothing to do with POTUS.

Old 05-11-2021, 08:49 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
"DarkSide, which cultivates a Robin Hood image of stealing from corporations and giving a cut to charity, said in a statement posted on the dark web that their only goal was to 'make money' and not create problems for society.

'We are apolitical, we do not participate in geopolitics,' the statement read. 'Our goal is to make money and not creating problems for society.'"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Pipeline.html
Then why did you claim they were "leftist"?

Old 05-11-2021, 08:49 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,277,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Im in NC(A state that is being take over by stupid voters fleeing the North as we have been since the 80s), we were under $2.00 under the previous administration. I say $2.79 yesterday under this new administration.
Today, anyone would be thrilled to find gas for $2.79 ... or any price at all. Pumps are covered with yellow bags
Out of Gas

Quote:
Isn't Biden taking action? I'm reading lots of news reports saying so. FBI is working on it, white house working with the colonial..
"Over the weekend, the White House stood up an emergency working group to contend with potential energy supply issues and loosened rules on petroleum shipping on highways. Officials said Monday they were preparing for "multiple contingencies" should fuel supply be impacted by the shutdown of the pipeline, a precautionary decision meant to ensure its systems were not compromised. Colonial Pipeline said Monday evening that one of its fuel lines has restored service under manual control."

Are you saying this is untrue and Biden is doing nothing?
Do you think he should be doing more or doing something different?
I'm aware that there is so often criticism without any constructive thoughts attached. What are your constructive thoughts?
Biden thinks tanker trucks can haul gasoline, jet fuel & diesel across the Nation to “fix” the shortage.
Anyone want to try an visualize tanker trucks rolling a 100 Millions gallons a day to the East Coast? Pipelines go to Storage Tank farms that are pretty local. The trucks then carry the fuels to the final use points.

Better plan would have been to put a limit on gas sales at the pump immediately when they found out on Friday. Warn the public that there might be a temporary shortage an limit driving for the next few days.
No Panic, just common sense

I showed a complete lack of sense (common or not) for the White House to claim yesterday afternoon “no shortages” and then reverse that hours later and call an Emergency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Too late for Panic Buying
I told my family members living on the East Coast to go NOW and fill their tanks .... that was Friday night.

By Monday, it’s either closed empty pumps OR long lines.

Old 05-11-2021, 08:50 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,583,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
I don't know, this all feels very convenient. Especially with it happening around memorial day weekend. They just like messing with the people imo.
Conspiracy Theory
/kənˈspirəsē ˈTHiərē,ˈTHirē/ - noun
An explanation for an event or situation that invokes a conspiracy by sinister and powerful groups, often political in motivation, when other explanations are more probable.

Congrats, you nailed it.

Also of interest =
https://www.apa.org/research/action/...iracy-theories
Quote:
And some psychological evidence suggests that people are drawn to conspiracy theories when they do feel uncertain either in specific situations or more generally. And there are other epistemic reasons why people believe in conspiracy theories as well in relation to this sort of need for knowledge and certainty. So people with lower levels of education tend to be drawn to conspiracy theories. And we don't argue that's because people are not intelligent. It's simply that they haven't been allowed to have, or haven't been given access to the tools to allow them to differentiate between good sources and bad sources or credible sources and non-credible sources. So they're looking for that knowledge and certainty, but not necessarily looking in the right places.

The second set of motives, we would call existential motives. And really they just refer to people's needs to be or to feel safe and secure in the world that they live in. And also to feel that they have some kind of power or autonomy over the things that happen to them as well. So again, when something happens, people don't like to feel powerless. They don't like to feel out of control. And so reaching to conspiracy theories might, I guess, at least allow people to feel that they have information that at least explains why they don't have any control over this situation. Research has shown that people who do feel powerless and disillusioned do tend to gravitate more towards conspiracy theories.

Old 05-11-2021, 08:50 AM

41,974 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
The hacking and increased travel are not the only things affecting fuel prices.

This administration's openly hostile attitude towards petroleum products is also to blame.
Try to focus, Bob. We're discussing the issues with a single pipeline, and how those issues can affect gasoline prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
This is what the other half voted for.
Someone voted for a pipeline to be shut down?

I don't recall seeing that on the ballot. Perhaps you could enlighten us all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
What a BS The truth is that everything is politics.
This is happening under Joe Admin. Joe needs to do something and fixs it.
And how exactly should he "fixs" it?

Quote:
"DarkSide, which cultivates a Robin Hood image of stealing from corporations and giving a cut to charity, said in a statement posted on the dark web that their only goal was to 'make money' and not create problems for society.

'We are apolitical, we do not participate in geopolitics,' the statement read. 'Our goal is to make money and not creating problems for society.'"
Sounds like a bunch of capitalists to me! LOL

Old 05-11-2021, 08:52 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Today, anyone would be thrilled to find gas for $2.79 ... or any price at all. Pumps are covered with yellow bags
Out of Gas

Biden thinks tanker trucks can haul gasoline, jet fuel & diesel across the Nation to “fix” the shortage.
Anyone want to try an visualize tanker trucks rolling a 100 Millions gallons a day to the East Coast? Pipelines go to Storage Tank farms that are pretty local. The trucks then carry the fuels to the final use points.

Better plan would have been to put a limit on gas sales at the pump immediately when they found out on Friday. Warn the public that there might be a temporary shortage an limit driving for the next few days.
No Panic, just common sense

I showed a complete lack of sense (common or not) for the White House to claim yesterday afternoon “no shortages” and then reverse that hours later and call an Emergency.

Too late for Panic Buying
I told my family members living on the East Coast to go NOW and fill their tanks .... that was Friday night.

By Monday, it’s either closed empty pumps OR long lines.

Just filled up at the local Costco - no closed pumps and no line.

Old 05-11-2021, 08:53 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
Since when is apolitical leftist? Are people only interested in money leftists? News to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Then why did you claim they were "leftist"?

Targeting only large corporations to steal from and then giving that money to the "poor" is a leftist ideology. They're targeting capitalism. They claim to have a Robin Hood ideology, but that description is not accurate. Robin Hood, as the story goes, stole from an autocratic government and gave the money to the poor. These hackers are essentially anti-capitalists.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 05-11-2021, 09:03 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,259,148 times
Quote:
Targeting only large corporations to steal from and then giving that money to the "poor" is a leftist ideology. They're targeting capitalism. They claim to have a Robin Hood ideology, but that description is not accurate. Robin Hood, as the story goes, stole from an autocratic government and gave the money to the poor. These hackers are essentially anti-capitalists.
And here I was thinking robin hood was a libertarian. I'm not alone of course as this has been the topic of many political science term papers and op eds.
But you go with your own narrative.
The leftist are always the ones doing the bad things right? Is this group backed by Soros like every other leftist group?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies