Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2021, 12:14 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
There is only one way that a man can prevent a pregancy.

The bottom line is no matter what you say or think, only a woman can conceive and only a woman can then have an abortion. That is the biology of gender. Ultimately it is up to the woman if she does not want that to happen. The man is not going to get pregnant. The baby is not going to be in the man's body.

Old 05-31-2021, 12:15 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Certainly not ridiculous. Tubal ligation is an excellent way to prevent abortion.

Or just say "no"!

Old 05-31-2021, 12:16 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Skip the consent and just spill it elsewhere.

The only way a man can prevent abortion.

Not something I have to worry about anymore.

My wife and I have successfully avoided unwanted pregnancies for over 25 years now.

With me "spilling" into her vagina literally thousands of times.

Getting pregnant....and avoiding pregnancy, is a team effort.

Old 05-31-2021, 12:18 PM

21,867 posts, read 25,161,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightZeroTX View Post
A lot of times, it's not the woman's fault. I have heard stories of stealthing, when the man has a condom on and takes it off without the woman knowing. Also, if two people are having sex and guy gets in the heat of the moment and doesn't pull out without permission. There are many scenarios.
Seems rather difficult to remove a condom while inside someone. Doing so or intentionally destroying a condom would fall into the rape category. On the other hand, condoms aren't perfect. Sometimes they tear. Large tear one (the male) can usually tell, smaller one not always.

Relying on withdrawal is particularly stupid. It's about the least effective method of birth control. Maybe in conjunction with another form but on its own, yeah, pretty dumb. You Honor, I shouldn't have to pay for child support because she told me she was on birth control and it's not my fault. No dice.

Old 05-31-2021, 12:19 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Or just say "no"!
Bingo...but then they can’t blame the man.

Old 05-31-2021, 12:50 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,048,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
The woman can have a procedure which does the same thing for her. This thread is ridiculous.
No they can't. Women don't have enough autonomy yet, they have to get approval and permission from a board of medical authorities to have that medical procedure done.

Men have autonomy, they don't have to get approval and permission to get a vasectomy, they can do what they want with their bodies.

Change the rules and make the rules equal for both women and men.

You're right though that this thread is ridiculous but I think the reason for the deliberate ridiculousness of it has gone right over your head. I believe the point of it was a facetious way to bring to light that if grown men can't be sensible and take responsibility for their own careless actions then they need to be talked down to in a very simplified manner about how to prevent unwanted pregnancies and abortions the same way one may simplify instructions to simple-minded young children with no education.

Old 05-31-2021, 12:53 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,097,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
No they can't. Women don't have enough autonomy yet, they have to get approval and permission from a board of medical authorities to have that medical procedure done.

Men have autonomy, they don't have to get approval and permission to get a vasectomy, they can do what they want with their bodies.

Change the rules and make them equal.

You're right though that this thread is ridiculous but I think the reason for the deliberate ridiculousness of it has gone right over your head. I believe the point of it was a facetious way to bring to light that if grown men can't be sensible and take responsibility for their own careless actions then they need to be talked down to in a very simplified manner about how to prevent unwanted pregnancies and abortions the same way one may simplify instructions to simple-minded young children with no education.

I had a tubal ligation in 1991.

I was single and childless, and I was living in Texas.

No approval or permission needed.

Don't believe the hype.

Old 05-31-2021, 12:55 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

Change the rules and make the rules equal for both women and men.

Since when can’t women have tubal ligation done if they choose to?

Contrary to your belief, men aren’t responsible for women’s carelessness in not using birth control, not saying no, not taking precautions, etc...

Old 05-31-2021, 12:57 PM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
I had a tubal ligation in 1991.

I was single and childless, and I was living in Texas.

No approval or permission needed.

Don't believe the hype.
My daughter tried to get her tubes tied since she was 20. It took till she was 38 to find a doctor who would do it on a childless woman.

Old 05-31-2021, 12:58 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,097,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
My daughter tried to get her tubes tied since she was 20. It took till she was 38 to find a doctor who would do it on a childless woman.
What year and where?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies