Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2021, 11:41 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
No, I’m thinking of GPA. People who show they can master good grades get free education, an income test doesn’t tell you how prepared a student is for college.

You can’t really compare Germans healthcare to America since Germans aren’t 35% obese and 36% overweight.
I'm not sure what a GPA has to do with healthcare eligibility for coverage. I wasn't asking about community health levels, I was asking your opinion of Germany's universal healthcare model, which includes income testing and private insurers.

Old 06-17-2021, 01:14 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
That's why it won't happen here. There are lots of people who depend on our messed up system for a paycheck. The HC industry wants things to remain how they are and they will fight tooth and nail to prevent universal HC. That team of medical billers have family at home to support. They want to keep their jobs.
I know, and they work hard. And still would, but their jobs would be more streamlined and more efficient, as they only have to deal with one system. and likely, they would see more bills coming across because we would probably have more clients and thus, more paperwork. Where we have an issue too, is coding, not because of the amount of work but because we have to pay for an outside company to handle the complexities of coding. Worse case scenario for the biller, she gets trained in coding (making more $) and works inhouse. Best case, she gets retrained in coding and we save $ by paying an employee as opposed to a consultant. There are not enough coders to go around at this time.

Old 06-17-2021, 01:23 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yeah... It's a problem when national health care doesn't include prescription meds. Goes quite far in explaining why health care is Canadians' number one concern.
First of all our health care is not national. It varies from province to province...

BC PharmaCare helps B.C. residents pay for eligible prescription drugs, certain medical supplies, and pharmacy services.

PharmaCare covers eligible prescription drugs and medical supplies through several drug plans. The largest is the Fair PharmaCare plan, which is based on income: the lower your income, the more help you get.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/h...r-bc-residents

Old 06-17-2021, 01:35 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
This isn’t a competition. I don’t know why it’s so hard for some Canadians to stop making every facet of life between us a competition.

But listen ... if it makes you feel better, you can tell your friends and family that you won an online debate with a stranger named ATX Wahine.
It's not?

My debate comment was a joke, as was the comment above.

However, it is easy to fall into a competition when comparing anything.

The discussion can't move forward if one of the participants refuses to answer simple questions.

Old 06-17-2021, 01:37 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
First of all our health care is not national. It varies from province to province...

BC PharmaCare helps B.C. residents pay for eligible prescription drugs, certain medical supplies, and pharmacy services.

PharmaCare covers eligible prescription drugs and medical supplies through several drug plans. The largest is the Fair PharmaCare plan, which is based on income: the lower your income, the more help you get.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/h...r-bc-residents
Also things like OHIP in Ontario covering prescriptions for people under 24.

https://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/...rugs/ohipplus/

Old 06-17-2021, 04:02 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,671,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I don’t know why it’s so hard for some Canadians to stop making every facet of life between us a competition.
Jealousy and inferiority complex, simple as that.

Old 06-17-2021, 04:10 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
I don't have a problem with a public option. But no way is anyone forcing me off my health insurance to buy the crap. I priced it out just for giggles, our premium on the Silver plan for 2 healthy adults in our 30s was almost $2000 a month with I think a 10k deductible?

Versus the Cadillac of insurance we have now which I know first hand because I've had back surgery this year.
Beware! Your "Cadillac of insurance" plan may, without justification, suddenly deny an expensive medical claim. An insurance company may make you jump through hoops to get your claim paid covered.

I have seen patients needing to hire an attorney to fight their insurance company to pay a claim that the policy clearly covers.

Old 06-17-2021, 04:11 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Jealousy and inferiority complex, simple as that.
Not for our medical system!

Old 06-17-2021, 05:01 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Not for our medical system!
No kidding and the fact that poster would use that silly notion is just one more indication of how removed from the reality of it being their fellow countrymen raising this issue and - NO ONE ELSE!

Old 06-17-2021, 05:03 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
It's not?

My debate comment was a joke, as was the comment above.

However, it is easy to fall into a competition when comparing anything.

The discussion can't move forward if one of the participants refuses to answer simple questions.
She still hasn't even addressed my question. An honest debater would. She's great with quick denunciations of others though.

Fortunately, that is not an American trait, just a certain subset of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies